Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cottage Cheese

Byrd
February 26th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Due to some (offhanded) recommendations I bought Willow some cottage cheese. One teaspoon in a cup of food and she's wolfing it down and asking for more! :goodvibes:

Not that she's a poor eater... anything but, but I wanted to give her an extra that is really nice and healthy for her and I thought I'd try her on it.

Next we are gonna try some plain yogurt.

Question is, how much of these things should I give her? :confused:

hazelrunpack
February 26th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Some of our dogs seem to be lactose intolerant and do better on yogurt than cottage cheese. Cole, being on antibiotics, gets a tablespoon of plain yogurt twice daily, an hour after his pills. The others get one tablespoon a day, on their morning meal. (Cole will, too, when he's off the pills again)

They really seem to love it. Sort of like kids with frosted cereal :D

Byrd
February 26th, 2007, 09:52 PM
Yeah, I find it funny just how much she likes it. I gave her some yesterday, and today I pull the container out of the fridge and she's trotting around licking her lips. :cloud9:

brandynva
February 26th, 2007, 09:54 PM
I just started mine on the plain yogurt and they, too, dance around when they see the container and see me pick up their bowl. I even let them take turns licking the spoon I use to stir :D

Byrd
February 26th, 2007, 10:16 PM
It's so funny how easy it is for them to recognize things.

"Oh, mommy, yummy, I like cheese!"

rainbow
February 27th, 2007, 06:58 PM
I give both my dogs a tablespoon of plain organic yogurt once a day with their supper meal. They love it and get all excited when I take it out of the fridge.

technodoll
February 27th, 2007, 08:51 PM
"how much" really depends on the dog... trial and error! :D my kids can eat a couple big tablespoonfuls mixed in with their dinner and have no problems, i sometimes even add yogurt to the same meal. i wish it was cheaper though, i would buy them more! :o

yaaayyy for willow! :highfive: