Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I have a new puppy, rescued

janeto
February 26th, 2007, 07:22 PM
we are not sure what name we are going to go with. she came with the name penny from the pound. and my daughter likes tinkerbell? please vote to help decide my new little girls name!!! They told me that they think she is a schipperke/lab mix. either way the home coming was very un eventful. my boo boo is in LOVE with her and is following her all over the house. the cats where not as welcoming but i know they will come around.

i am not sure how to do a poll here so if you could just tell me what name you like that would be great.

Tinkerbell
Penny
Or please give you thought on a name.

thanks janet

happycats
February 26th, 2007, 07:31 PM
She is so sweet and looks a Bailey.
or maybe Angel, Daisy, or Samantha (Sammy for short)

Your an :angel: for adopting a rescue!:thumbs up

RolandsMom
February 26th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Oh i like Bailey too. tinkerbell, while being a very sweet name, i feel is more suited to a white kitty or a very little doggie.

Frenchy
February 26th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Good choice on adopting a rescue :thumbs up I choose Penny, one ; might be easier for her to keep her name 2 ; easier for her to understand, Penny is a simple name 3 ; Tinkerbell makes me think of Paris Hilton's dog :o It would help us if you would post more pics too :rolleyes: :D

luckypenny
February 26th, 2007, 07:36 PM
She's beautiful and it's great that your Booboo likes her so much. Congratulations on your new family member. If she responds well to the name Penny, I'd keep it (not because I'm a little partial to that name myself :) ). If she doesn't, then Tinkerbell is a sweet name, especially if your daughter chose it.

breeze
February 26th, 2007, 07:36 PM
great pics :thumbs up now for the name she looks like an

ebony, ponton, posha it hard a name is an indivigual thing

janeto
February 26th, 2007, 07:40 PM
She's beautiful and it's great that your Booboo likes her so much. Congratulations on your new family member. If she responds well to the name Penny, I'd keep it (not because I'm a little partial to that name myself :) ). If she doesn't, then Tinkerbell is a sweet name.

penny is a great name but is not responding to it. that is why i asked... maybe because she was only there for a week and maybe have to give it more time. i love all the names that are comming in!!! please keep them coming!!!! and thanks again guys!! i am in love with her and she is doing very well so far!!!!:lovestruck: :cloud9: :grouphug:

rainbow
February 26th, 2007, 07:52 PM
She has such a sweet face :cloud9: and thank you for adopting a rescue. :angel:

Personally, I think Tinkerbelle is more suitable for a tiny dog and is also too long IMO. If your daughter wants to call her that what about Belle or Bella?

~michelle~
February 26th, 2007, 07:54 PM
i like abigail (addy) or maddison ( i also like the name addison, grey anatomy addict though)

breeze
February 26th, 2007, 07:55 PM
you could shorten the name to "tink" if you think it's to long

or cindy for cinderalla or cinder because she is dark color

janeto
February 26th, 2007, 08:02 PM
you could shorten the name to "tink" if you think it's to long

or cindy for cinderalla or cinder because she is dark color

we already have a cindy!! short for cinderalla. it's one of my cats.

other names in the house already are lizzy, peaches, buttercup, cindy and boo boo. i think i like tink though ahhhhh why do they have to be so hard to pick. right now she is sleeping and i do not want to bother her and wake her up so give me about an hour and then i will take more pics and maybe that will help some more!! but in the mean time keep the ideas coming!!! thanks again everyone.

let me add her face is alot smaller and her legs are about the same size as boo boos width size. and her belly is the chubby part. thanks again. janet:lovestruck: :lovestruck: :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

marsupial mama
February 26th, 2007, 08:12 PM
reminds me a little of one of the neighbourhood pooches whose name is Shadow.

And my old neighbour had a black dog who she called Salome. Very unusual.

We're not helping to narrow it down, are we? :rolleyes: :sorry:

breeze
February 26th, 2007, 08:17 PM
if this is any help

http://trouble.iotashan.com/animals/names.cfm

Loves Labs
February 26th, 2007, 08:20 PM
She's beautiful! Congratulations on your new addition.
I agree with Bailey.... or Bella would be fitting too...

More pictures would be nice... :lovestruck:

janeto
February 26th, 2007, 10:05 PM
:lovestruck:

http://petboard.shutterfly.com/action/?a=8IbOGjVs5asO2&notag=1

this is from shutterfly , PLEASE DO NOT LOOK AT ME lol. i was a mess after comming in from the snow falling here:eek: i hope this works. and while you are looking at these i will upload from my camera a few more.

thanks again janet

or try this link

http://petboard.shutterfly.com/action/?a=8IbOGjVs5asO2

Prin
February 26th, 2007, 11:39 PM
I can't see them without a password..:o

She looks like a Daisy or Jenny to me...:o If she doesn't respond to it, there's no point in keeping Penny if you don't want to...

Tinkerbell is a little long for me though. I mean picture screaming it down the street...:o :D

Peepmouse
February 27th, 2007, 12:13 AM
She looks a like an Abby to me. I liked Ebony to! She is a sweety!:love:
Kudos for rescuing her and giving her a forever home!:thumbs up

Copper'sMom
February 27th, 2007, 12:44 AM
How about Peppy?? Sounds like Penny - the pooch won't know the difference!

angeldogs
February 27th, 2007, 05:25 AM
i think she looks like a Bailey.and Jenny would work also.thanks for adopting a rescue:angel:

janeto
February 27th, 2007, 08:40 AM
i think she looks like a Bailey.and Jenny would work also.thanks for adopting a rescue:angel:

thanks again everyonne! i hope to find her , her name soon. who knew thsi would be so hard lol!!! i hope i fixed the link above. let me know if it's not.

names that seem to be popular

bailey
raven
abby

hopfully by tonight she will have the right one for her!!! thanks again guys

Lukka'sma
February 27th, 2007, 09:41 AM
Maybe a little late but my choices are:
Ariel
Tara
Taiga

Kristin7
February 27th, 2007, 10:00 AM
Although she had the name Penny in the pound, that probably wasnt her real name. They rename them all when they put them out on the floor. I got a cat once from the humane society, her name was Annie. I liked it because she seemed sweet so kept it. However, that was not her name at all because it took her awhile to learn it. The dog I got from their was named Sydney but she knew it as her name, because she had been in foster care and that was her name for awhile. She looked a lot like your dog in fact. If your daughter is set on the name Tinkerbell, I like the suggestion above, to shorten it to Belle or Bella. Tinkerbell could be her name and you just have some part of it as a nickname... Tink, Tinker, Belle, Bella.

Congrats on your new addition, sounds like you have a full house!

Shamrock
February 27th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Congratulations and best wishes with your new girl, Janet.. she is lovely!:cloud9:

As for names.. I'm sure you will find the perfect one.

Of those suggested..I really like Bailey.:highfive:

Tinkerbell seems more suited to a tiny toy dog and I agree that
a nice compomise to your daughter's idea might be Belle or Bella. Both are very pretty names!:cloud9:

breeze
February 27th, 2007, 02:56 PM
so did you come up with a name yet ???????? :D

janeto
February 27th, 2007, 07:33 PM
so did you come up with a name yet ???????? :D

hehe! i just came back to update: here are 6 names i have narrowed it down to:

Tinkerbell( bella, belle, ella for short)
Raven
Pucca
Bailey
Mystic
Mimi

what i have found out today is she LOVES ice cubes. she went crazy on me when i was getting some out of the freezer and barked like crazy till i gace her one... so that is why Mystic is now on the list. Mimi because she is a mini me of sherice( i know not the greatest) and the others from here i got at least a little reaction out of her.... so on to another poll i go!!

Frenchy
February 27th, 2007, 08:24 PM
hehe! i just came back to update: here are 6 names i have narrowed it down to:

Narrowed down to 6 names , but you started off with 2 names ! :laughing: I like Bella :lovestruck:

H.P.
February 27th, 2007, 08:28 PM
She is a keeper! I like Daisy!

athenamor
February 27th, 2007, 08:37 PM
I like Bella, I know you meant it to be short for Tink, but Bella is girly and doesnt (atleast to me) sound like a small dog or kitty.

technodoll
February 27th, 2007, 10:01 PM
I vote for "mimi" - it's unusual, cute, easy to pronounce and remember, and oh! you can have so much fun with a name like that! :cloud9:

nice doggy, she sure is lucky to have found you! :lovestruck:

Prin
February 28th, 2007, 12:00 AM
I like Raven...:o

janeto
February 28th, 2007, 08:44 AM
Narrowed down to 6 names , but you started off with 2 names ! :laughing: I like Bella :lovestruck:
i know !:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: but with all the names i was given i could not choose!! so with all the names i was given thses are the 6 i got a little of a spark from her. why is this sooo hard. i have never had this problem before. lol thanks again everyone. i might not be around for a fews days do to a personal reason, so please keep this going and i will be back in a few days. again thanks:)

pet
February 28th, 2007, 10:26 AM
I like raven and bella:)

rainbow
February 28th, 2007, 02:34 PM
I still say Bella as it can be short for Tinkerbelle to please your daughter. ;) Otherwise, I like Raven. :)

Shamrock
February 28th, 2007, 04:54 PM
Bella is a pretty but fairly common dog name, but if it's important to your daughter, this would be ideal, I'd say.:cloud9:

If she's not completely set on this..Raven is more distinctive, a lovely choice too.

Few other "general" female pet names I like:
Luna
Cleo

The name of course has to 'fit" the pet overall.. looks, personality, etc.

When you are "trying on" names.. one will just "click".. the perfect match!:highfive:
Good luck! Let us know the final decision for your new lovely girl with a new lovely name.:)

Winston
February 28th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Well said Shamrock! It will click! I went through a book of 2000 Names for Dogs! and when I almost reached the end I was stuck on Winston! Dont ask me why? it just clicked!

Cindy

mummummum
March 1st, 2007, 06:44 PM
Of the names on your list I like Mimi the best....but, to me she looks like a Kylie. :thumbs up

heidiho
March 1st, 2007, 07:47 PM
I love Raven.

rainbow
March 1st, 2007, 07:51 PM
Raven is actually my favourite but if it's important to keep her daughter happy then I would choose Bella/Belle.

katwoman
March 3rd, 2007, 11:45 AM
YOUR AN :angel: FOR HELPING YOU NEW PUPPY

RolandsMom
March 3rd, 2007, 01:53 PM
:laughing: lol i dont think this is helping to narrow it down!!!
:laughing: i still like Bailey but Tink is kind of growing on me too....let us know as soon as you have chosen one!

x.l.r.8
March 5th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Ohhh, I like mystic, but then I like pizza too:laughing: :laughing: but seriously I'd try that one on for size,
Ahh wait, for variation it would be missy, maybe thats why I like it
:confused: I'll wait untill you post the next 12 before I give more input ;) :thumbs up

heidiho
March 5th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Bella is a good name..

breeze
March 5th, 2007, 06:48 PM
sooo janeto what have you dissided on ?? http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/sesam/sesame30.gif

RolandsMom
March 5th, 2007, 07:04 PM
ooh ooh !! what about fennel? or licorice? then you could call her lick for short (specially great if shes a licker!!) no kidding! i think licorice is a great name for a black dog.:crazy: