Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Gomez is in Australia!

gomez
February 26th, 2007, 05:19 AM
He flew over last week and is doing very well! He has completed his first week in quarantine and only has 3 more to go!

The nice ladies at the quarantine who collected him at the airport said he came out of his crate fresh as a daisy and bubbly after an almost 24 hour flight!

We went to see him today and played with him in an excercise yard for 3 hours - we are only allowed to go 2 times a week, but it will be over very soon - he has adjusted very well, and as we were taking him back to his kennel he just ran in and proceeded to go "chat" with his neighbours!

His kenel is about 20 x 5 and has an indoor sleeping area and an outdoor run with shade. Keep in mind he is only a little fellow, so he is quite happy in there.

So there you have it, the international dog!

jesse's mommy
February 26th, 2007, 04:43 PM
I'm glad he is doing well.

I'm sorry if I missed this, but did you move there? :o

Prin
February 26th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Yey for Gomez! How long are you staying there? Is it a permanent thing?

We got Jemma because her previous owner didn't want to bring her along to Australia... :o

rainbow
February 26th, 2007, 06:43 PM
I'm glad all is going well. I didn't know you were moving to Australia. The last I heard you were thinking of moving to Canada. :o

gomez
February 27th, 2007, 05:06 AM
Yes, yes, we have moved here for at least 4 years, maybe more...!

We had been thinking of Canada for a while, but this opportunity popped up and we took it - there was NO WAY Gomez was not coming with us!

Tomorrow we will go and see him again, we bought all kinds of toys for him and some new kibble - I will go post in the food section for some advice on that...

We could not bring any of his food or treats over, had to give it all away... they are very strict on the quarantine bits.

chico2
February 27th, 2007, 08:01 AM
Aww little Gomez,I am happy he made the long flight ok and I am sure he'll love Australia,as long as you are there.
You know we'll need some more pics,ok:D

Prin
February 27th, 2007, 07:41 PM
I hope the rest of the quarantine goes ok. :fingerscr :grouphug:

gomez
February 28th, 2007, 05:07 AM
So far so good! Went to see him again today and we played for 3 hours! Poor little boy was hot and tired by the end of it, it was 24c today!

We took him a lot of stuff to chew, as his teeth were getting a bit yellow from only eating soft food. I also took a bag of Nutrience (all I could find) for them to mix in to his soft food - just so he can crunch a bit.

Ater a bit of cleaning and chewing, we are back to pearly whites again!

In the pen next to us was an Akita puppy with his owners, 6 months, so very cute! Then we saw that he is in the kennel next to Gomez, I can imagine the chats they have...

OntarioGreys
February 28th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Do a internet search "dog food australia" or narrow down location example instead of australia using Perth for example. I noticed eagle pack is also sold there, Nutro and Natural Balance(but not sure if this is the same as the US) it seems food companies there do not provide a list of ingredients online, from the few local brands I found. Nutrience is pretty grainy, EVO is a good food, if you had a specific food that Gomez did well with while in the UK do a search a substituting "dog food" with your brand, possibly it is sold there.

I know at one of my local pet stores here in Ontario I can find a couple of the UK brands such as Burns and James Wellbeloved, so you may be surprised at what you can find there if you look hard enough ;)