Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Closen' the joint

mummummum
February 26th, 2007, 04:22 AM
I've had such a good time tonigh. Although I know you are all asleep...well, you know I 'm your resident insomniac.

Declan and I have been working on obedience commands with enough success that I have been comfortable enough to let him off leash at my park (for those of you who are newer, Declan hadn't spent much if any, time on leash and was quite dog/fear and man aggressive when he came home just over a year ago). Bit of a wild guy.

Declan and I have improved how we meet dogs on the street (still working on "that man thing") to the point where well, we CAN meet dogs on the street. Declan has also met doggies in "my" park during the day off and on leash with no difficulties other than one exception with a well-known nasty dog.

Anyway, for the first time he and Ceili played. Or tried to play (when he got too excited he barked and play-bit my arm, which Ceili didn't understand) . But they ran around and chased each other for about 45 minutes.. It was the first time I have seen him playful with someone other than me. I know it sounds kind of uhhh -huh. But, it's a big thrill for me to see him both off leash and still listening and to be playing with another dog.

jesse's mommy
February 26th, 2007, 04:39 AM
Good morning mumx3! I'm up and getting ready to go to work (early days today and Wednesday this week :frustrated: ). Anyway, I'm glad to hear everything is going well with the pooches.

We too had a small breakthrough last night with Jesse, or should I say honey. He FINALLY is establishing is dominance over Jesse and is FINALLY not just being her "buddy". He felt so bad and Jesse was pouting, but I kept telling him that it's better that way and she will respect him for being like that. I was so proud of honey. :cloud9: (Basically, Jesse knows he's a pushover.)

So, I'm off to work. Have a great day! :thumbs up

Prin
February 26th, 2007, 03:57 PM
So it's the 4AM breakthrough session? :laughing: :highfive:

On the contrary for me, Boo is going through another of his mild yet annoying testing phases. :rolleyes:

mummummum
March 1st, 2007, 05:58 PM
I hear ya Prin ! Ceili's latest "passive-aggressive" / "I'm not gonna and you can't make me" move is to flop down beside a snowbank and stick her head and neck into the snowbank all the way to her shoulders and STAY there doing her best "I can't hear you, I can't hear you ..." oblivious to my Ceili, you ARE getting up and we ARE going this way" :yell: :laughing: :mad: :laughing: :frustrated: :rolleyes:

Prin
March 1st, 2007, 06:03 PM
lol Phew! It's not just me! :laughing:

mummummum
March 1st, 2007, 06:29 PM
On this board you are never alone Prin!!

Ahhh, like most of us it's 1 step forward in one direction and 2 or 3 or ....4 back in another.:rolleyes:

Prin
March 1st, 2007, 06:32 PM
lol For sure! :D With Boo it's 3-4 months of being a good boy :cloud9:, then 3-4 months of being a total pain in the hiney! :yell: They're getting shorter though (the bad eras)...