Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New (temporary) Addition

Stacer
February 25th, 2007, 10:00 PM
Next weekend, if all goes well, we'll be bringing home a new friend for Angus and Finn. My sister is saving a cat from certain death but can't have it until she moves out of her current place, so my husband and I decided to foster the kitty until she moves into a place of her own. So we'll have a 3rd cat running around until April or June. I'm pretty excited. It's a spayed female, who is apparently very affectionate.

Her story: She was the cat of my sister's friend, when she had a baby she gave the cat to her parents, they live on a farm. The parents have several other cats, all outdoor, this kitty is an indoor cat. The parents are irritated by the cat's neediness (ie:affectionate nature and love of cuddling). They aren't used to cats being indoors and want it out. They've told their daughter if she doesn't find a place for this cat, then they will take it out into the field and....

So we're going to take her. I went and bought a giant bag of food and a new dish. She's probably eating crap right now, so we'll get her on the same stuff as Angus and Finn. I think I'll take her to the vet as well, just to get her checked out. Hopefully Angus and Finn won't kick up too much of a stink. It'll be interesting to see how they interact.

Skryker
February 25th, 2007, 10:02 PM
:eek: Poor little girl. Kudos to you and your sis for saving her. "Neediness" huh? Sheesh! :frustrated:

Hopefully your guys will not resent a new playmate. :fingerscr

Frenchy
February 25th, 2007, 10:20 PM
The parents are irritated by the cat's neediness (ie:affectionate nature and love of cuddling).

:mad: nice animal lovers ! Thanks for saving that cat, hope all goes well with your 2 :goodvibes: :fingerscr keep us posted, we will see pics right ?

rainbow
February 25th, 2007, 10:57 PM
Stacer, that's so nice of you and your hubby to agree to look after the kitty until your sister can take it. :angel: Can't say much for the friend's parents though. :rolleyes:

Good luck with the introductions and post some pics. :fingerscr

Stacer
February 25th, 2007, 11:12 PM
I'll be sure to take lots of pics to show you.

It's angering when people have crazy reasons for getting rid of pets, but sometimes the animals go to better places than where they were. I'll keep you all posted.

Prin
February 26th, 2007, 04:10 PM
Yey! Congrats for the new (temporary) addition. Kudos to you for taking her in.:cloud9: :grouphug: