Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Playing in the backyard!

Smiley14
February 25th, 2007, 03:45 PM
We just got 8 inches of fresh snow yesterday, so I took the boys outside to play in the backyard! I've been sick the last few days, so didn't have the energy to go for a proper walk, so the backyard was the next best thing. :)

First I tried to get Billy outside. But he ran back inside so fast, I couldn't get pics. All I could get was the left-over evidence that he had been there, if even for a second. LOL!

Smiley14
February 25th, 2007, 03:45 PM
And Petey, the big baby had to be coaxed outside.

Smiley14
February 25th, 2007, 03:46 PM
It took a bit of convincing at first....

Smiley14
February 25th, 2007, 03:48 PM
But once out with yellow chicken, he had fun. :) I'm terrible at getting the action shots, but I do love the ears in this one, LOL!

Smiley14
February 25th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Yellow chicken had fun too. :) It's been destuffed and desqueaked, but it's still the favorite.

Prin
February 25th, 2007, 03:50 PM
LOL!! The first one with the chicken looks like they're frolicking holding hands. :laughing:

Great pics! :cloud9:

Lukka'sma
February 25th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Oh, I love these pictures. Poor yellow chicken had to stay outside in the cold.

hazelrunpack
February 25th, 2007, 04:38 PM
Looks like you've convinced Petey that snow is fun! :laughing: He'd love it here--we've had 18 inches since Friday night and I just looked out to find more snow falling... :thumbs up The dogs keep coming in with 2-inch snowballs in their fur! :D

The pics with the chicken are hilarious! They really do look like they're holding hands! he he he

Frenchy
February 25th, 2007, 04:55 PM
I love the pics with yellow chicken too ! :laughing: It's all Petey needed to go outside, a buddy :lovestruck:

Peepmouse
February 25th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Petey looks like he was having a ball with Mr. Chicken!:laughing:
Is Petey a German Shorthaired Pointer by any chance? Looks like he really likes the snow, once he got our there that is.:)

Skryker
February 25th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Very cute pictures, but I'm not convinced Mr Chicken had so much fun...he looks a little disgruntled, laying in the snow all alone. :sad:

:D

brandynva
February 25th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Petey looks so cute and yellow chicken looks so darn happy! :cloud9: Great pictures.

:offtopic: Hey Hazel, the same storm system that is giving you 18 inches of snow is giving us rain and ice. :sad: I would really like a good footer here. <sigh> I guess I'll have to give up until next year.

rainbow
February 25th, 2007, 06:48 PM
Petey looks like he had lots of fun once you got him outside. :) Cute pics with the chicken. :lovestruck:

Smiley14
February 25th, 2007, 09:21 PM
Oh, I love these pictures. Poor yellow chicken had to stay outside in the cold.

LOL, Prin! I didn't even notice that! It does look like they're holding hands and frolicking in the snow, hehe. Now I can't stop laughing. :)

But don't worry, Yellow Chicken was rescued and brought back inside pretty quickly. :)

Smiley14
February 25th, 2007, 09:23 PM
Looks like you've convinced Petey that snow is fun! :laughing: He'd love it here--we've had 18 inches since Friday night and I just looked out to find more snow falling... :thumbs up The dogs keep coming in with 2-inch snowballs in their fur! :D

The pics with the chicken are hilarious! They really do look like they're holding hands! he he he

Sounds like you guys got a lot more snow than we did. They were predicting up to 18 inches, but we got 8-10 instead in our area. I don't think Petey would have enough fur for snowballs to stick to, LOL! Sounds adorable though! I can just see the pack now...a bunch of abominable snowmen! Hehe!

Smiley14
February 25th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Petey looks like he was having a ball with Mr. Chicken!:laughing:
Is Petey a German Shorthaired Pointer by any chance? Looks like he really likes the snow, once he got our there that is.:)

Yes, he is! He's just a bit chubby at the moment. :o Took a bit of convincing, but then he really did love it. :laughing:

Smiley14
February 25th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Very cute pictures, but I'm not convinced Mr Chicken had so much fun...he looks a little disgruntled, laying in the snow all alone. :sad:

:D

LOL! Not to worry, Yellow Chicken and Petey are snoozing by the fire now. :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
February 25th, 2007, 09:26 PM
I don't think Petey would have enough fur for snowballs to stick to, LOL! Sounds adorable though! I can just see the pack now...a bunch of abominable snowmen! Hehe!

Yeah...they look like sheep :cloud9: ...it's really cute...right up until they climb up on your bed and melt into the bedclothes! :eek: :frustrated: :p

You should thank Petey for having such a short coat--and don't let yellow chicken up on your bed...he looked pretty snowy there! :laughing:

Prin
February 26th, 2007, 03:07 PM
Lucky Chicken to fulfill his toy destiny. :cloud9:

JanM
February 26th, 2007, 03:51 PM
Love the pictures - especially the ears! I'm glad to hear that yellow chicken was rescued too :)

Stacer
February 26th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Fun pictures! Chickens, dogs and snow. What else do you really need?:D

technodoll
February 26th, 2007, 10:08 PM
what a cool dog door! :highfive: petey looks so happy in the snow! the chicken, well i'm not so sure :laughing:

angeldogs
February 27th, 2007, 03:39 AM
the first chicken one a boy and his chicken.so happy together.looks like he had fun.

Scott_B
February 27th, 2007, 04:54 AM
Nice! Rosco has that Chicken! No wait, he HAD that chicken lol. :frustrated:

hazelrunpack
February 27th, 2007, 08:31 AM
Hey, Smiley--is Petey getting the snow again starting Fri? We're supposed to get another double hit! :thumbs up Better get yellow chicken dusted off and ready for another romp, Petey!!!! :dog: