Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Animal Friendly Cleaning Products?

lt_danish
February 24th, 2007, 09:22 PM
I am interested to know of what other brands people use around the home to clean their kitchens, bathrooms etc? I swtiched all the yucky weird smelling chemicals for the old vinigar and water, plus some other natural brand cleaner from the grocery store. I prefer to try and buy from local (British Columbia) companies, or from Canadian based/owned companies.

Mocha's mum
February 24th, 2007, 09:30 PM
There's a product line out there called 'method'. I've seen it at Shopper's Drug Mart. It claims to be biodegradeable...I'm assuming it's pet safe. My ex roommate swears by it. :shrug:

I use Avon bubble bath. Works like a dream on a number of things, and it's cheap too!!

Prin
February 24th, 2007, 09:31 PM
A lot of people recommend vinegar..:o

I don't think any solvent is "pet safe", really. A solvent is a solvent...:o

btw, biodegradeable doesn't mean safe.. It just means it breaks down in the environment...

JanM
February 24th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Vinegar must be pet safe - Bobby loves it! (But once I realized he was actually drinking the stuff, I don't let him near it any more - just in case). What a dog :)

mummummum
February 24th, 2007, 11:01 PM
Your kidding right ? Holy-moly, I thought bridie was weird with her pickle and radish "addiction". But vinegar ? Yikes!

Baking soda is also good all purpose cleaner. Just rinse really well !

coppperbelle
February 25th, 2007, 06:47 AM
If you are looking for someting completely pet safe look for a steam machine. They are a little pricey but think about the money you will save on cleaners.

Puppyluv
February 25th, 2007, 08:02 AM
I don't think any solvent is "pet safe", really. A solvent is a solvent...:o

btw, biodegradeable doesn't mean safe.. It just means it breaks down in the environment...

Method is pet safe.

From the method website: Where does your home end and you begin? You don't literally have to answer that. We believe your home is more than a box: It's a sort of second skin. It could be a third skin if you're counting clothes.

Anyway, you wouldn't spray your skin with something dangerous, but many people clean their tub with harsh chemicals and soak in it shortly thereafter. We're against that. We develop non-toxic, healthy alternatives for use around children, pets and you. Method is easy on your home and you, because you're linked.

I love the stuff, I have wood cleaner, bathroom cleaner, all purpose spray, cleaning wipes, everything.

trippincherri
February 25th, 2007, 06:43 PM
I sell Avon lol, so it's nice to hear someone mention the benefits of their bubble bath!!!
It smells great comes in many scents and cleans like magic, you just dilute some in warm water and away you go!!
I know some people who do their laundry with it and bathe their dogs in it!!

Avon also does not test on animals!!

Stacer
February 25th, 2007, 07:51 PM
I've been making all my own household cleaners. You just have to get a few basic ingredients and voila, you can clean pretty much anything.
Here's a website for making your own stuff http://www.healthy-home-cleaning-tips.com/make-your-own.html