Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bourbon

athenamor
February 23rd, 2007, 09:59 PM
This is Bourbon. He has Sherpard in him, probably some chow, and the vet thinks possibly because of his hieght a little Dane. Though The Great Danes I've seen are usually taller then him. He's 8 years old, we got him from the pound 3 1/2 years ago. He pretty much lays there, he doesn't play with toys, but will occasionally rough house with "daddy". He doesnt jump or lick. Again, he kinda just lays around. Very well tempered except with other animals and new men (like maintanence or cable guy) who come in when "daddy" isnt home. I love my mutt, he's the best I've had.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/asallot/bourbon.jpg

RolandsMom
February 23rd, 2007, 10:01 PM
very cute! he has huge ears!!! looks like he never grew into them! love those big ears!:lovestruck:

Frenchy
February 23rd, 2007, 10:02 PM
omg I love his ears ! Aren't rescue dogs the best :thumbs up

JanM
February 23rd, 2007, 10:10 PM
I love his ears too - really neat!

Prin
February 23rd, 2007, 10:18 PM
Very cute!! :cloud9:

athenamor
February 24th, 2007, 01:16 AM
LOL thank you. Ya love his ears, and he loves them being rubbed, scratched, played with, sometimes I just watch him listen, they perk up, move this way and that, it's too cute.

I love rescued critters, aswell. It was luck, too. We didnt want a dog as big as him, but he was the best behaved, there was a cute border collie but she kept knocking my then three year old down in the "interview" room. The lady there said " He's a little big and older then you want, but I want you to meet him anyways.." My daughter told him to sit, he sat, shake, he shook and he politely took the little biscut from her little fingers. He's been the same way ever since.

He has a tattoo on his leg, from what I think the pound said he got at the SPCA when he was a puppy. Anyone here know if the SPCA tattoos animals? We chipped him, never heard of the tattoo thing.

angeldogs
February 24th, 2007, 02:21 AM
he is a cutie.i love the ears also.but i love ears that are rel soft.

Lukka'sma
February 24th, 2007, 08:04 AM
Burbon is a great looking dog. I love those ears.