Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

ecco shoes

technodoll
February 23rd, 2007, 08:32 PM
i bought my first pair today :cloud9: had heard about these amazing danish wonders for a long time but never took the plunge... needed very light, flat, versatile and comfortable "sports shoes" and bam! found them! :p OMG they are like slippers molded for my feet... unbelievably comfy. Now I know what the fuss is all about, ha ha! so OK they not cheap :frustrated: but knowing me, those shoes will get a LOT of mileage so it's all good. :highfive:

Prin
February 23rd, 2007, 08:34 PM
Uhh... Pics?

(preferably with the shoes inside a doggy's mouth, lol!!)

breeze
February 23rd, 2007, 08:35 PM
what are ecco shoes ????????? are they the ones that look like the duckies but no backs??

Mocha's mum
February 23rd, 2007, 08:47 PM
I've never heard of them but they look neat! Yak leather, huh.....

http://www2.ecco.com/ss2007

technodoll
February 23rd, 2007, 08:51 PM
i'll take pics, the ones i got are from the new collection, not on the corpo website (weird). they're black with silver velcro stripes on top...

prin the beanies don't eat shoes, only furniture :D

Frenchy
February 23rd, 2007, 08:58 PM
I was going to ask for pics too but then I saw the "not cheap" part .... so I rather not see them :p

technodoll
February 23rd, 2007, 09:03 PM
i hate spending money on shoes :o and normally only buy stuff on sale, or non-branded. but my flat feet are gonna take a beating soon (long hours on trade-show floor) so i decided to be good to myself. :angel: (don't tell the dogs... they're not getting any new toys this month, ha ha!)

CyberKitten
February 24th, 2007, 02:13 AM
I am still wearing my crocs, esp now that there are Mary Jane crocs with medical charms! Woohoo!! Love 'em! Not top mention that Jibbitz charm with the Celtic cross! www.jibbitz.com

Puppyluv
February 24th, 2007, 07:38 AM
Ooooo my mom "made" me get eccos when I was in jr high. I wasn't happy because I wanted some "cool" pair of shoes, but my goodness, they were so comfy, :cloud9: and I actually still have them in my closet. They make nicer looking ones now, so I may have to go get another pair.

poodletalk
February 24th, 2007, 07:41 AM
My hubby bought a pair of ecco shoes, he loves them!!! I bought shoes from "Feet First" they were stylish and super comfy!!! (Also not cheap) It's worth the money since I am on my feet alot!!

mummummum
February 24th, 2007, 12:09 PM
I share your flat-footed woes Techno ! The one thing I never skimp on (hey, who sees my holey undies anyway ???:D ) is shoes. I've got flat, duck feet (narrow heel, wide ball) with weird toes and it's darn hard to find comfy, well-made shoes that will last. I'm just not a sneaker person. I like Ecco, Mephisto, Merrill's and Solomon's for walking/ casual shoes. So where's the modelling pix Techno ? Let's see yer paws !!

technodoll
February 24th, 2007, 06:04 PM
LOL i took a photo of the shoes this morning (not with my feet in them though, ha ha!), will download them tomorrow if i can get some other photos in there... too lazy to just download shoes... :laughing: :o

Clio
February 24th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Ecco's are wonderful but mine didn't last very long. I am very hard on shoes. I walk and hour to work and an hour from work and am on my feet all day so I think it might have shortened their life span.
They were like walking on clouds though. Shoes are one thing I would spend good money on to get just the right pair. A poorly fitting pair of shoes can ruin my day and put me in a bad mood.

JanM
February 24th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Ecco shoes are just about the most comfy shoes I've ever had! Mine do last a long time because I wear them so seldom - 95% of the time I'm in jeans and sneakers now that I'm retired :)

technodoll
February 24th, 2007, 06:38 PM
i have no idea how long mine will last... since it's my first pair i guess it's a "wait and see" thing. :goodvibes:

technodoll
February 26th, 2007, 07:59 PM
ok here are the shoes! :p

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j129/technodoll/snowkids%20feb26/ecco1.jpg

Prin
February 26th, 2007, 11:00 PM
Oh, phew! They're not nearly as ugly as the ones on the site.:o They're pretty.:)

technodoll
February 26th, 2007, 11:03 PM
yeah, the ones on the site are :yuck: (well for the most part :o ). the collection in the store i went to was much more young & modern :highfive: