Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pet Fair Success!!

Lucky Rescue
March 28th, 2004, 07:30 PM
The annual Pet Fair yesterday was great! We raised nearly 1000$ for the animals, and 3 of our kitties got wonderful new homes.

One of the kitties was my own Stinkerbelle, and it was extremely difficult to hand her over today to her new mom and dad. I have turned down 4 homes for her in the past, but this one was just too good to pass on.

But I miss my little naughty Stinky.:( She is going to miss her "big broffur!"

http://pic10.picturetrail.com/VOL320/1047157/2044454/48741107.jpg

Luba
March 28th, 2004, 07:33 PM
Ohhh STINKY sniff sniffy wiffy

HUGS LR I know you're gonna miss puss puss

Congratulations on the successful fair that was AWESOME!!!!

Chany
March 28th, 2004, 07:38 PM
Way to go LR!!! Seeing that you passed up 4 other times when you could have let her go, well I'm sure she's going to have a great life and like you said now you'll still be able to foster more animals;) . You did the right thing! You guys raised a $ 1000.00 in just one day and found homes for rescue animals? You guys are wonderful!!

Carina
March 28th, 2004, 07:45 PM
KEWL! That's awesome...
I love that kitty picture, too cute. Isn't it a nice feeling to find a just right home though?

You GO girl! :cool:

amaruq
March 28th, 2004, 10:15 PM
WTG ((((((LR))))))

chico2
March 29th, 2004, 09:16 AM
Gongrats Lucky!!
I "Stinkerbell"does not do good,will she come back to you?
By chance was "Chance",the abused kitty there too?Or maybe he's gone by now?
Did you hear about all the kitties found with chopped off ears and tails?I guess they are all dead since they were at a MSPCA..
Happy for the $1.000!!!!!!

Lucky Rescue
March 29th, 2004, 10:23 AM
Thanks everyone!

At this point, I don't want to know what's happening to SPCA cats.:(

I heard some more extremely distressing stuff about a certain branch of the SPCA at the Pet Fair.

Yes, if Stinky doesn't work out in her new home, she will come back to me - for good. With her skittishness and fear of people, I wouldn't put her through any more adoption clinics or new homes!

chico2
March 29th, 2004, 04:36 PM
Sorry I asked:( Really I don't want to know either because there is not a darn thing I can do about it:mad:

Iggette
March 31st, 2004, 06:47 AM
Glad you did well LR the animals are lucky to have you:)

wAggie
April 1st, 2004, 11:14 AM
congrats on the success!!! :) :)