Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hey all!

Schwinn
February 23rd, 2007, 05:03 PM
I haven't really been on much for a while, so I thought I'd give an update.

Not sure how many this is really an "update" for, as it seems that a lot of the regulars who were around when I'd consider myself a regular (before I took parental leave) don't seem to be around much (anyone remember the RED RANGER?), but just the same...

I haven't been on much for a couple of reasons. One is I've started a new job. At my old job, I surfed the web all day long between phone calls (which is why I seemed to always be on...because I was!). However, in November, I went back to the dark side. That's right, I became a banker again. I'm now working 20 mins from home, instead of an hour and a half commute. Instead of getting home at 8 pm, I now get home at 5:30 (7:25 on Thurs and Friday when I start later). Most nights, I get to eat dinner with my family, which is great, and I get to spend tonnes more time with Gracie, which is just freakin' awesome! And best of all, I can pick up Grace from daycare from time to time, which helps out Mrs. Schwinn, especially since...

(big news #2!)

...she's expecting in August. Gracie is going to be a big sister! Which is the other reason I've been busy. Trying to finish the basement so we have a spare room. I've never framed a room before, and I just finished the new room on the weekend. All I know is, thank goodness drywall and mud covers everything! ;) Anyway, very stoked that I'll have a passenger to keep Gracie company in the bike trailer (I bought a two-seater).

Anyway, now that training is over, I'll probably be on a little more than the odd post every few weeks. For the "old" regulars, just a quick update, and for the "new" regulars (well, new to me), sorry if I bored you!;)

CyberKitten
February 23rd, 2007, 05:12 PM
Welcome Back!!!

And congratulations on the great news - the new addition I mean!! You must all be soooo excited!!!!

Do you enjoy your job at the bank? Is it better than the other banking positions you had? You still thinking of being a police officer sometime?

Give Gracie and your pooch a hug for me!!! (I don't know Mrs. S well enough <g>)

I don't know if I ever told you Gracie is a family name is my family - we have a few Grace's - and I am glad to see it back in the top 10 of names again, in Canada and in our own hospital!!

Take care and again, it's good to see you!! (Now I know why you were here all the ti me before, lol - I sometime check from work but it is usually a very quick peek!!)

Take care and tell Mrs. to take care too!!!! Esp of the precious cargo she is carrying!! Tho I am sure she knows that!! :)

Hunter's_owner
February 23rd, 2007, 06:00 PM
Great to hear an update, I was wondering about you and your little girl the other day. I remember seeing a picture of her from awhile ago. She is sooo cute. Congrats, thats great news about the baby on the way. You must be so excited. Also great news to get a new job closer to home.

Frenchy
February 23rd, 2007, 07:43 PM
I remember Gracie's picture too, she's an angel ! Congratulation on baby number 2 ! :thumbs up

Prin
February 23rd, 2007, 08:25 PM
Yey!! :highfive: Congrats on the new one! :highfive:

hazelrunpack
February 23rd, 2007, 09:45 PM
I think I joined about the time you began to fade away :D Greetings, Mr Schwinn!

Congrats on the new baby! Gracie's gonna love being the big sister! :highfive:

My regards to Gracie and Mrs Schwinn (and soon-to-be Schwinn) :D

rainbow
February 23rd, 2007, 09:52 PM
Good to see you again. :thumbs up The new job sounds like it is perfect for you and your family. :) Congratulations on baby #2 :highfive:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
February 23rd, 2007, 09:55 PM
Hey Schwinn congrats on the new job, and the new baby that will soon be.

We miss you around here :D

jesse's mommy
February 23rd, 2007, 10:03 PM
Hey, welcome back! Woo Hoo, baby to be!

Writing4Fun
February 25th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Awwww! Congrats on baby #2! :cloud9: I hope Mrs. S has a quick and uneventful delivery. I bet Gracie is going to be a great big sister. :love:

And congrats on the new job. :thumbs up And congrats on framing a room all by yourself. Nothing like "successful" home renos to give you a great feeling of accomplishment. ;)

mummummum
February 25th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Great to hear from you Schwinn ! And great news about Gracie's soon-to-be elevation to Big Sister status. Hope you are surviving the return to the "dark side" but, on the upside the hours and the extra time for hacking around with Gracie sound great for you Schwinn. But what's this with no current pix ???

cpietra16
February 25th, 2007, 03:55 PM
Welcome back...and what news. It's great. I wish you all the best. I think little Gracie's going to be a good big sister. I must say you sound very busy, but it'll be worth it.. Congrats to both you , Gracie, and Mrs. Schwinn:thumbs up

chico2
February 25th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Schwinn a banker???Correct me if I am wrong,but were you not working on becoming a police-officer,or maybe that was someone else:confused:
Congrats on the new baby coming,you know we need to see some pics of Gracie,now when she's almost a teenager:laughing:
Yeah,I remember the 'red ranger' now a memory only,right!

glasslass
February 25th, 2007, 09:51 PM
I only get to take a peek on the weekends now too. So glad I got to see your update! Congrats! So now you're a banker that works out still? I remember how hard you worked at getting in shape for the physicals!

Shamrock
February 26th, 2007, 12:19 AM
Schwinn, welcome back!:)

Congratulations on the new arrival coming!:cloud9:..what wonderful happy news for you and your wife. I remember when you were posting newborn pics of little Grace.. and now here she is poised to be a big sister.:lovestruck:

Hope the new job is going well, my best wishes to you and your lovely family.

Copper'sMom
February 26th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Wow Schwinn!! Congrats on the new soon-to-be addition!! That's awesome! It's nice to hear that you have a safe, less stressful job that will allow you plenty of time with your wife and kids. Congrats!!

Mahealani770
February 26th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Wow! Congrats to the family Schwinn! Do you all know what you're having? I somehow missed seeing the picture of little Gracie :sad: but I hear she's adorable! :cloud9: Good luck and kudos on framing a new room...I'd have NO clue how to even begin..lol :confused:
~M~

AliSam
February 26th, 2007, 01:54 PM
Thanks for dropping in. Congrats on the new baby & the new job. What an exciting time you have had. Don't be a stranger.

Schwinn
February 27th, 2007, 09:48 PM
Yes, I am still trying to become a cop. I've come very close, and I've been encouraged to keep trying. As long as they're still calling, I don't see why I wouldn't. Besides, when Gracie is a teenager, that'll come in very handy. Yes, I'm still hitting the gym. Remember, mountain bikers wear spandex, and a four hour bike ride is a long time to keep your gut sucked in...I can hardly wait until they start making fleece bike wear.

In the meantime, I needed to get out of the call centre. I was leaving my house at 5:45 am, getting home at 8 pm. I was miserable doing what I was doing, and I wasn't seeing my family. This opportunity to get back into banking came up 20 mins from home. I don't love it, but I love that it's great for my family. And, there is opportunity to move up. Plus, the job I have is a senior postion, so that helps.

As for the Gracie pictures, sorry. I promised Mrs. Schwinn I wouldn't post pictures after she was a year old. But, I did have permission for this post, so I'll link it here. http://www.pets.ca/forum/showpost.php?p=308863&postcount=86

As for the new one, and what we're having, we had our first ultra-sound a few weeks ago. It's either a baby, or Grover. I'm hoping a baby...

chico2
February 28th, 2007, 06:39 AM
Schwinn,so I was not totally off:thumbs up
Often times you have to make choices,what you dream of and what is best for your family and I am sure both little Gracie and your wife are happy to spend more time with you:)
Your dream is not gone,just postponed.:)

Schwinn
March 2nd, 2007, 09:42 AM
Your dream is not gone,just postponed.:)

I just changed my focus slightly. Now, the dream is when Gracie brings her first boyfriend home, he knows that her daddy carries a gun with him for 12 hours a day!:D

Cinnabear
March 3rd, 2007, 01:38 AM
Congrats Schwinn. :thumbs up Great news.