Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

RANT: Damn Dirty Trucker

Stacer
February 23rd, 2007, 05:05 PM
I need to vent since I'm alone tonight and don't have anyone to talk to.
I was drivnig home on the 401 (major multilane highway through Toronto for those of you that don' tknow),the traffic was crawling and I was beside a transport truck. We're only going about 15-20 Km/h and he flicked a cigarette butt out his window and it hit my car, I flipped the bird (not that he saw it though) and then I notice that the friggin' butt was actually sitting at the bottom of my windsheild near my wiper blade smouldering away, I could smell it coming in through my vents. Jeezus. I pulled over and got out quickly, gesturing at the effing jerk of a trucker and grabbed the butt and threw it (meanwhile there's traffic crawling by me staring) Still the trucker was oblivious. So I got back in and made my way beside him again and gestured more, but to no avail. He was on his cell phone and off in outerspace. I didn't think to get the info off his truck and call his company until after he pulled away and the traffic sped up.

How inconsiderate to flick a butt when you're that high up and it's guaranteed to land on another vehicle. I was angry. so very angry.

Rant Over.

~michelle~
February 23rd, 2007, 05:24 PM
:grouphug: stupid drivers!!!!! :mad:

x.l.r.8
February 23rd, 2007, 09:34 PM
Think yourself lucky it wasn't a pepsi bottle filled with amber liquid :yuck: :eek:

Prin
February 23rd, 2007, 09:37 PM
Just sickening. It's littering, you (censored). :frustrated:

Stacer
February 23rd, 2007, 09:54 PM
Ha ha, yeah. I nice bottle full of "apple juice" exploding on my windsheild would have just made my day.

erykah1310
February 24th, 2007, 10:59 AM
Some people:rolleyes: :frustrated: No respect....
Ahhh, the "gesturing" of the 401:rolleyes: takes me back.... some road trips we have taken, when we hit the 400 series highways its always so amazing to a "Northerner" like myself the amount of gesturing that goes on, on those highways!!!!

Stacer
February 24th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Yeah, the trip isn't complete unless you've been cut off or had the finger waved at you.

AliSam
February 24th, 2007, 11:18 AM
I know just what you mean. I used to drive the 401 daily as well and I used to hate it when people tossed their butts out the window. Where I work, the smokers aren't even allowed to smoke in the parking lot in their cars for this very reason. You have to get in your car and drive off the property before you can light up.

erykah1310
February 24th, 2007, 11:21 AM
:rolleyes: Thats kinda ............... dumb.
Is it a habbit of smokers to butt out on windshields???
Soon enough they will all have to hide in a cave located far off in the woods to have a smoke,

AliSam
February 24th, 2007, 11:29 AM
I guess they figure they are going to litter the grounds with butts. I am not a smoker and I don't feel it is right that they have to leave the grounds. I can see that they wouldn't want them to stand by the doors like they did before we moved to our brand new building, but I think they should have a little smoking area for them. It has got to be hard on the people who don't drive.

erykah1310
February 24th, 2007, 11:34 AM
I just find the whole "NO SMOKING" thing has kinda gotten out of hand:shrug:
I agree 100% with there being no smoking in buildings or at the doors... although now, bars are suffering and closing because no one goes anymore ( well some still do but not like before)

Prin
February 24th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Where do they go then? Here restaurants and cafés don't allow smoking either, so you either have to not smoke, or stand outside. :shrug:

I just think there are a lot of disrespectful smokers around who ruin it for the minority, the polite, clean smokers...

A bar owner here rented an apartment next to his bar for people to smoke in. How long do you think it'll be before somebody lights the sofa on fire? Or at the very least puts burn marks on the floor?

I get super sick because I'm allergic to smoke, and I'm glad that I don't have to eat meals next to a family of smokers, and I'm also glad babies and kids don't have to either.

And how many times have you gone out to a club and been bumped only to turn around and see you were hit with a burning cigarette? :yell: :frustrated:

I could go on and on, but it's :offtopic: :o

chico2
February 24th, 2007, 01:14 PM
AliSam,Nobody can tell a person not to smoke in their own car,no matter where they are parked,a car is private property.
I would think that these people would put the butt in their ashtray.

Stacer,the thought of a big rig driver smoking and talking in the phone is a scary one,especially on the 401,the nightmare of all highways!

Talking on the phone while driving is a HUGE beef with me and you know who you see most often,mothers in a mini-van,with kids.:evil:

Prin
February 24th, 2007, 06:09 PM
Oh, taxi drivers on the phone- look out for them! :eek:

mafiaprincess
February 24th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Last month I was merging on the 401 at Avenue Rd which is under construction...
So you have to merge.. Then you have to merge again because the construction will kick you off at the next exit. Then you must merge once to hit the collectors.. and once more if you wanna end up in the express.
It's busy, I merge, guy sits beside me.. I am able to merge again. He throws a freaking bottle at my car.. Took his plate info and called the OPP. They never tell you the follow up, but I really hope they went after him. He was mighty angry simply because I was able to merge and he was having an issue...

angeldogs
February 24th, 2007, 11:21 PM
Stacer.that trucker throwing the smoke out the window is dirty.but giving him the bird he would not really notice it.with the way people are now a days we get the bird for everything.so you don't look for it and if you see it.you just shrug our shoulders at it or tell everyone on thr cb.we just got the bird.