Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Roxys mom is pregnant AGAIN!!

heidiho
February 23rd, 2007, 01:44 PM
I am so mad at myself i said months ago that this would happen,but on the other hand i have not seen her til last night,also saw roxys brother ,there were only 2 in that litter,he wouldnt let me near him,spoke to manager he said he has gotten a hold of him 3 times but he got loose ,said he is pretty wild,tried to go to mom to feed her but she ran away,so me and the managers wife are gonna wait til she has babies then go in halfs and get her spayed,told her i will pay for all off it if need be,so upset ,this really sucks..........

heidiho
February 23rd, 2007, 01:48 PM
I was wondering cause i have been hearing alot of fighting at night,even though she is pregnant will other cats still fight with her??I know that might be a dumb question but i dont know..The managers wife said she called about bringing her in and told me you have til wait til she gives birth because they will kill the litter or something like that

CyberKitten
February 23rd, 2007, 03:37 PM
Who will kill the litter? I don't understand why no-one can take this cat in and bring her to a vet to be spayed - even pregnant. That would the best solution!! If there are male cats, then keep them separate since pregnant cats once they give birth can still get pregnant! I have to admit their record is not great. Who "owns" Roxy's mom? Someone needs to help her? a rescue group? She cannot be out running around loose- she will give birth to feral kittens if she survives long enough.

How sad!!! Can you help her? You do very well with your own cats.

rainbow
February 23rd, 2007, 07:27 PM
The vet can abort the kittens if the mama cat isn't too far along in her pregnancy. I know that is a hard thing to do but if you can't get the kittens from her and look after them until they're old enough to be spayed/neutered then they will become feral too and the cycle goes on and on. :sad:

heidiho
February 23rd, 2007, 07:51 PM
That is what the humane society said,the managers wife where we live told me,i will have to call and find out exactly what they mean,i have not seen her around in months ,she was around for a few days after we took roxy in but i have not seen her since,they have s/n the 2 cats that i posted pictures of here.Me and her are gonna get her fixed.There are so many ferals it would be impossible for me alone to help them all.

rainbow
February 23rd, 2007, 07:58 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean and it is so sad. :sad:

CyberKitten
February 23rd, 2007, 08:09 PM
I know how you feel - I just thought maybe if you could catch her with a humane trap and get her to the vet - and if she was a candidate (ie not too far along - the way you expressed it, I guess I thought you just noticed it) for a termination of pregnancy. - she could have them aborted and there would be fewer kittens to worry about.

It is so sad, I know - too many because of ppl who are not responsible. I know you do more than you can.

heidiho
February 23rd, 2007, 08:11 PM
She told me she is gonna bring kittens to h/s ,she said they will get adopted because they are kittens,it really is to depressing for me.I just cant afford to feed and s/n all of them.The only reason i was gonna feed her when i saw her is because she is pregnant and it is roxys mom,but otherwise than that bob and his girl are the only ones i will ever feed,it is their territory and i am already brakin house rules,and i do not want other cats to start hanging out there...I am just very saddend by seeing her yesterday and seeing she is pregnant,being the mom of roxy i will do whatever i can,i KNEW this was gonna happen but she disappeared months ago,and up until yesterday i have not seen other and son of a ***** she has to come back pregnant when i was just telling mark iwould like another kitten,ESPECIALLY a half sister or brother of roxy,but i financially i just cant,roxy is done for the year w/all shots and stuff...ahhhhhhhhhhhhh@!!!*(^! I am just beside myself with confusion

Frenchy
February 23rd, 2007, 09:07 PM
Just do your best Heidiho. We can't save them all :sad: but if you get her spay that's a pretty nice start ! :thumbs up

rainbow
February 23rd, 2007, 11:05 PM
Do what you can, Heidi.....we know you care. ;)

H.P.
February 23rd, 2007, 11:16 PM
Well said Frenchy

heidiho
February 24th, 2007, 12:10 AM
It is very hard to just block it out,yeah it feels awesome that i saved roxy ,but it is like it is never enough i need to help all of them which i know i cant do,but when you have to see them everyday,it is hard not to get attached , i forgot all about roxys mom and then she shows back up PREGNANT just sucks,roxy and the black male kitten there were the only ones form that litter i can only pray that it is the same this time,i told her when she does have them i do not want to see them,i would love for roxy to have a friend let alone a sister or brother i think that would be awesome,but i think i we got really blessed with her and financially we just cant do it,and that kills me to,ahhhhh!!! to depressing ......

Kristin7
February 24th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Would this group be able to help? I see they have a free spay/neuter program for ferals. I had no idea there were so many feral cats on the Hawaiian islands! Of course, it makes sense, the climate is fairly mild, probably no predators, etc.

http://www.mauicats.com/

rainbow
February 24th, 2007, 07:40 PM
Kristin, it certainly looks like that group would help.....thanks for finding that site. :thumbs up That would be awesome for Heidi's situation. :highfive:

heidiho
February 24th, 2007, 10:16 PM
I will for sure look into that,yeas there are lots and lots of ferals here,but the news gets worse i spoke w/ the manager today and he said he is at a loss and feels it is a battle that he cant keep up with because of all the strays ,he also said he has been getting heat about the cat situation people (he wouldnt say who) are complaining.He also not in so many words made it seem like they might just trap her and not have them bring her back,which means she will be put to sleep,he also said there have been talks about people that own pets,and that is when i lost it,i told him in our association book it sayd you are allowed one cat,and he says well i dont know,and i said i do,and it will be a battle that i will get a lawyer for,and if need be go to a doctor and get a written prescription to have her,i will never ever get rid of her and will do whatever i have to.....................

Frenchy
February 24th, 2007, 10:40 PM
they might just trap her and not have them bring her back,which means she will be put to sleep,

Isn't there any rescue over there ? Yes he could trap her but if you could find a rescue or humane society to take her... And for Roxy, who could she bother ? She's an indoor cat ! If it's writen in your book, then you are in tittle to own one. :shrug:

heidiho
February 24th, 2007, 10:52 PM
I will be calling places about her mom before i let that happen,but even when i said today i will pay for the spay if your wife cant,and i said will you at least do the trap thing for me,he was being kind of weird about it,and the othe thing is when he brought us roxy he had us under the impression that you couldnt have a pet,that is when i read the whole association book all 200 pages of mumbo jumbo that only a lawyer coudl understand and i came to the page where it said " due to feral problem some owners have talked about gettting them fixed,each residnt is permitted to have one act"so i told him that and he acted like oh i didnt know,well how can you not know when you have been working there for 10 years,it is just bullshi* because the previous owner of our condo was feeding the strays so of course when he moved they still came to our door,i told him i will keep feeding them until i get a fine or whatever and at that point if i am no longer aloud to i want them removed from property because there is no way in hell i will not feed them as long as they are living there..........I am so pissed and feel like i dont even know where to start w/ this situation,and god forbid roxy gets brought into this,which i also dont know how she could because the book allows it,BUT they will just have to fine me every month til we move because i will never ever give her up,they are dreaming.And the best is he has a friggin cat,has for 10 years there and no one knows

rainbow
February 24th, 2007, 10:53 PM
Heidi, does your manager have a computer? If not, can you print the information from the site that Kristin provided and give it to him?

Our mission is to humanely control Maui's feral cat population problem through Trap-Neuter-Release (TNR). With your help and support we can accomplish this goal. You may use the Pay Pal button below if you'd like to make a contribution. We thank you for any amount you can donate.

The Feline Foundation of Maui began in 1999, and is devoted to helping solve the feral cat population on Maui. Our mission is to humanely control Maui's feral cat population problem through Trap-Neuter-Release (TNR). The Feline Foundation of Maui offers free spay/neuter of stray cats and serves to educate the public on the facts of this overwhelming problem.

Stray cats in your neighborhood?

The Feline Foundation of Maui's Trap-Neuter-Release (TNR) program is free to the general public and includes:

- use of traps to catch the strays

- spay/neuter surgery

- testing for Feline Leukemia and Feline AIDS

- ear notch and tattoo for identification

- flea/ear mite treatment

Contact us to start a feral cat colony in your neighborhood!

heidiho
February 24th, 2007, 11:01 PM
I dont think that is the issue though,because he does have a trap and they fixed like 3 other ferals there,i think the problem is people are complaining about the cats,which even if they got rid of these 3 ,there are 10 more right around the corner that are gonna do the same thing.I guess first thing i need to do tomorrow is ask him who do i need to speak to about this situation,and they have to know this problem is always gonna be there,so why not let bob his mate and i guess roxys mom and brother just stay.So far they have kept it there territory,and if we remove them it will just be another group.This suckssssssssssss

heidiho
February 24th, 2007, 11:09 PM
Well gotta go,am babysitting ,will let you know monday what i find out tomorrow.....Am calling that # to see what they say.and you know what if they do tell me to stop feeding them ,i will just walk w/them to the little grass area that is off the property and feed them there...........

Frenchy
February 24th, 2007, 11:13 PM
Good luck Heidiho :grouphug:

rainbow
February 25th, 2007, 12:07 AM
I still think mauicats.com is the way to go. They will spay/neuter for ferals for free plus the extra stuff. It's a step in the right direction to help control the over population.

Kristin7
February 25th, 2007, 08:20 AM
I hope they can help, but sounds like they could. And maybe they could help educate this manager guy. What is the problem w/ having a spayed or neutered indoor cat? From what I have read, removing cats and euthanizing them does not help because there are so many ferals, others will move in to take the territory of those who are gone. Since cats are quite territorial, it is better (and more humane) to trap and release back to that same place after they are 'fixed'. That way, they stay in their territories and others that aren't fixed don't move in. In theory anyway. You shouldn't need the manager to trap them, as this group will provide traps. I imagine you'll need his permission though and would also have to transport the cats to the vet and back. You are most likely right that the problem will always be there, unfortunately. I hope it all works out :fingerscr

heidiho
February 26th, 2007, 03:04 PM
I dont know what his problem is,i didnt see him yesterday,and you said it perfectly,why get rid of them more will move right in,what one problem is though are feeding strays is not allowed,so even if i trap and spay her i cant release her back on property which they are gonna require to do this,i have to call them and see how this works,will be calling after work today

rainbow
February 26th, 2007, 06:46 PM
Good luck....let us know what they say. :fingerscr

heidiho
February 26th, 2007, 06:54 PM
Oh i will.......