Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I Think I Ate My Twin

Lukka'sma
February 22nd, 2007, 01:03 PM
Something very strange happened when I was developing in the womb. My left side and my right side do not match! Starting from the hair on my head which is a different texture on each side, down to my toes which don't match either. Lots of inconsistencies throught my body as well. Even my eyes are two different shapes. If I use a lip liner one side of my mouth has a more upward turn than the other. What the heck is going on!:confused:

hazelrunpack
February 22nd, 2007, 01:25 PM
LOL, Lukka'sma--you have asymmetrosity... Everyone is asymmetric to some degree, but if it begins to bother you, it becomes asymmetrosity...a bogus and totally made-up (by me and hubby) psychological condition marked only by the patient lamenting his or her asymmetry. I have it, too... :crazy:

Funny thing, though--no one else notices it! :p Except the guy who pierced my ears. He stood back and sort of shook his head--he hit the identical spot in each lobe but one was still almost a half inch lower than the other! :D

It isn't seriously bothering you though, is it? :o If it is, I'm really sorry for poking fun...I just couldn't resist because hubby and I were just laughing about my ears (among other things) a coupla days ago...

raingirl
February 22nd, 2007, 01:35 PM
No one is symmetrical. I wouldn't worry about it.

On that note, apparently, the human brain finds people who are more symmetrical more attractive. For instance, Denzil Washington is apparently VERY symmetrical?? (I don't think he's attractive, but a lot of people do)

Joey.E.CockersMommy
February 22nd, 2007, 03:48 PM
I think you need to find your other twins other half , which probably belongs to you- cause shes probably thinking the same thing as you. :D

No I think its normal - my eyes are different as are my eye brows- one is curved and one is straight.

Also the back of my head has curly hair and the front is very straight.

Denzel Washington isnt Ugly but he doesnt really do anything for me. Patrick Dempsey does though and if you take a good look at him - hes not all that symertrical. :D

~michelle~
February 22nd, 2007, 07:14 PM
wow you;re a freak!!! j/k:crazy:
you just have some fun little differences that im sure only you notice but once yuo notice it it seems soo exaggerated doesnt it

joeysmama
February 22nd, 2007, 09:00 PM
There was t hing once where they took photos of celbritites and split the image in half and then reproduced the both halves so that they matched. In other words they took the left side of a face and flipped it so that it also appeared exactly the same on the right side and then did the same thing with the right side--made the both halves match each other. And the photos looked like two different people, because everyone is different, some people to a greater degree.

My hair stylist told me that they see a difference with people's hair. The texture is different on one side than the other, the thickness etc. When my daughter was little I used to french braid her hair a lot and one side definitely had finer hair than the other.

Hunter's_owner
February 23rd, 2007, 06:53 AM
Yeah my hair is different on one side than the other. One side flips one way and the other side flips the other way. No matter what I do to it, it is always more managaeable on one side than the other.

CyberKitten
February 23rd, 2007, 03:29 PM
Whoever said no one is symmetrical is correct - there is no such entity. If someone is totally symmetrical, one might worry, lol

I had a curvature in my spine (amg other issues) as a child - corrected by multiple surgeries - and even at that early age, every medical; person I met assured me there is no such thing as anyone with a straight back or with two sides completely alike or "symmetrical!" So, I would hardly worry about your situation.

I actually also have a situation where my entire digestive system is on the "other" side - ie, the right side as opposed to the left. It always confuses radiologists who do not know me and I have to give a lengthy lecture, sigh!! This was not congenital though - but changed to avert another medical disaster! I often just forget about it.

And I'd have to say in my own practice, I rarely see anyone too perfect!! It is just who we are as people. None of us is perfect or dare I say it, symmetrical, lol