Amusing quiz to determine what book best represents yourself:

http://bluepyramid.org/ia/bquiz.htm

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

hazelrunpack
February 22nd, 2007, 11:24 AM
You're Les Miserables!
by Victor Hugo

One of the best known people in your community, you have become something of a phenomenon. People have sung about you, danced in your honor, created all manner of art in your name. And yet your story is one of failure and despair, with a few brief exceptions. A hopeless romantic, you'll never stop hoping that more good will come from your failings than is ever possible. Beware detectives and prison guards bearing vendettas.

he he he I think we're a little off the mark here. I'm a bit of a rabblerouser so people know me, but they certainly don't dance in my honor. :laughing: (We won't talk about how they'd like to "honor" me! :o ) "Failure and despair"!!!!!!!! http://foolstown.com/sm/obm.gif Where is that coming from!!!!???? :eek: And if I'm a hopeless romantic, Al-Qaida is a peace-loving charity group with a social conscience... :p

I have to admit, I am a bit paranoid about detectives and prison guards bearing vendettas, but in 51 years I have yet to meet one! :crazy:

Dogastrophe
February 22nd, 2007, 11:39 AM
I am Babar the King.

Hunter's_owner
February 22nd, 2007, 11:44 AM
You're The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
by C.S. Lewis
You were just looking for some decent clothes when everything changed
quite dramatically. For the better or for the worse, it is still hard to tell. Now it
seems like winter will never end and you feel cursed. Soon there will be an epic
struggle between two forces in your life and you are very concerned about a betrayal
that could turn the balance. If this makes it sound like you're re-enacting Christian
theological events, that may or may not be coincidence. When in doubt, put your trust
in zoo animals.

I found this to be hilarious due to the horrible snow storms we keep having:laughing: There are a few questions when I could have answered either way, so I may try it again...hee hee when the weather clears up:laughing:

Rick C
February 22nd, 2007, 11:51 AM
I'm apparently Anne Of Green Gables.

Whoot!!! :fingerscr

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

hazelrunpack
February 22nd, 2007, 11:53 AM
Wow! It really did peg your endless winter, didn't it, HO!? :D

Oh, no...do you think now I'm going to have to rethink that whole "failure and despair" thing? Maybe I've got something to worry about after all! :eek:

:D

hazelrunpack
February 22nd, 2007, 11:54 AM
I'm apparently Anne Of Green Gables.

Whoot!!! :fingerscr

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

he he he Hey, congrats, Rick C! :laughing: Or should I call you "Anne"? :D

Skryker
February 22nd, 2007, 12:05 PM
You're Watership Down!
by Richard Adams
Though many think of you as a bit young, even childish, you're actually incredibly deep and complex. You show people the need to rethink their assumptions, and confront them on everything from how they think to where they build their houses. You might be one of the greatest people of all time. You'd be recognized as such if you weren't always talking about talking rabbits.

:o Darn! I knew that rabbit obsession was holding me back!:o

Kristin7
February 22nd, 2007, 12:31 PM
I love Watership Down!!

This is what I got (not too flattering and I must say, not very accurate either unless I am in major denial)

You're Cat's Cradle!
by Kurt Vonnegut
You believe quite firmly that free will deserted you long ago and far away. As a result, it's hard to take responsibility for anything. Even though you show great potential as a leader of a small 3rd world country, the choices are all made ahead of time. You're rather fond of games involving string. Your fear of nuclear weaponry is trumped only by your fear of ice.

Lukka'sma
February 22nd, 2007, 12:46 PM
You're To Kill a Mockingbird!
by Harper Lee
Perceived as a revolutionary and groundbreaking person, you have changed the minds of many people. While questioning the authority around you, you've also taken a significant amount of flack. But you've had the admirable guts to persevere. There's a weird guy in the neighborhood using dubious means to protect you, but you're pretty sure it's worth it in the end. In the end, it remains unclear to you whether finches and mockingbirds get along in real life.

Wow, and that is one of my favorite books.:thumbs up

Spirit
February 22nd, 2007, 12:52 PM
As much as I loathe Anne of Green Gables (LMAO, Rick!), at least she doesn't "signify nothing!" Oh well... at least the 'confusion caused by being able to see many different perspectives' thing is true (oh, and the brilliant thing too). lol ;)

You're The Sound and the Fury!
by William Faulkner
Strong-willed but deeply confused, you are trying to come to grips with a major crisis in your life. You can see many different perspectives on the issue, but you're mostly overwhelmed with despair at what you've lost. People often have a hard time understanding you, but they have some vague sense that you must be brilliant anyway. Ultimately, you signify nothing.

brandynva
February 22nd, 2007, 03:51 PM
Wow I'd never even heard of this book. And it doesn't describe me really well. Although I do get sick of the media bias.

You're Compassion Fatigue!
by Susan Moeller
You used to care, but now it's just getting too difficult. You cared about the plight of people in lands near and far, but now the media has bombarded you with images of suffering to the point that you just don't have the energy to go on. You've become cold and heartless, as though you'd lived in New York City for a year or so. But you stand as a serious example to all others that they should turn off their TV sets and start caring again.

mummummum
February 22nd, 2007, 04:04 PM
Oh where is the science in all of this ?

You're The Great Gatsby!
by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Having grown up in immense wealth and privilege, the world is truly at your doorstep. Instead of reveling in this life of luxury, however, you spend most of your time mooning over a failed romance. The object of your affection is all but worthless--a frivolous liar--but it matters not to you. You can paint any image of the past you want and make it seem real. If you were a color of fishing boat light, you would be green.

Bit thanks, Rick ~ I haven't thought about this book (or the movie) for a looong time.

mummummum
February 22nd, 2007, 04:08 PM
Just out of curiousity I took the quiz again ~ different questions this time...

You're The Guns of August!
by Barbara Tuchman
Though you're interested in war, what you really want to know is what causes war. You're out to expose imperialism, militarism, and nationalism for what they really are. Nevertheless, you're always living in the past and have a hard time dealing with what's going on today. You're also far more focused on Europe than anywhere else in the world. A fitting motto for you might be "Guns do kill, but so can diplomats."

Hmmm.. who am I now ?

papillonmama
February 22nd, 2007, 04:17 PM
You're Siddhartha!
by Hermann Hesse
You simply don't know what to believe, but you're willing to try anything once. Western values, Eastern values, hedonism and minimalism, you've spent some time in every camp. But you still don't have any idea what camp you belong in. This makes you an individualist of the highest order, but also really lonely. It's time to chill out under a tree. And realize that at least you believe in ferries.

Ferries like the ship that takes you across the water? lol, or faeries the mystical creature? All I said was that dragons were more interesting than elephants, I've never seen a dragon, if one came by, I would be interested.:shrug: ;)

mummummum
February 22nd, 2007, 04:18 PM
Ah... and again ( remember I am answering honestly...there's just no actual base to this study ~ but, all the same~ thanks Rick, This was FUN FUN FUN ~ something we all should never have enough of in our lives !

You're The Hobbit!
by J.R.R. Tolkien
All you wanted was a nice cup of tea when some haggard crazy old man came into your life and told you it was time to do something with yourself. Now you're all conflicted about whether to stick with your stay-at-home lifestyle or follow this crazy person into the wild. While you're very short and a little furry, you seem to be surrounded by an even greater quantity of short folks lately. Try not to lose your ring, but keep its value in perspective

p.s. In my last (unreported) results of this quiz I identified with Anne of Green Grables (which for anyone who knows me is perhaps the funniest of them of them all.....)

jesse's mommy
February 22nd, 2007, 06:13 PM
I think this is a little off for me :o :

You're The Catcher in the Rye!
by J.D. Salinger
You are surrounded by phonies, and boy are you sick of them! In an ongoing struggle to search for a land without phonies, you end up running away from everything, from school to consequences. In this process, you reveal that many people in your life have suffered torments and all you really want to do is catch them as they fall. Perhaps using a baseball mitt. Your biggest fans are infamous psychotics.

heidiho
February 22nd, 2007, 06:33 PM
You're The Things They Carried!
by Tim O'Brien
Harsh and bitter, you tell it like it is. This usually comes in short, dramatic spurts of spilling your guts in various ways. You carry a heavy load, and this has weighed you down with all the horrors that humanity has to offer. Having seen and done a great deal that you aren't proud of, you have no choice but to walk forward, trudging slowly through ongoing mud. In the next life, you will come back as a water buffalo.

heidiho
February 22nd, 2007, 06:34 PM
That is 100% me!

Byrd
February 22nd, 2007, 07:03 PM
You're The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy!
by Douglas Adams
Considered by many to be one of the funniest people around, you are quite an entertainer. You've also traveled to the far reaches of what you deem possible, often confused and unsure of yourself. Life continues to jostle you around like a marble, but it's shown you so much of the world that you don't care. Wacky adventures continue to lie ahead. Your favorite number is 42.

LOL true, but my fave number is 8.... the answer is 42. :p

Mocha's mum
February 22nd, 2007, 07:57 PM
To Kill a Mockingbird...

Perceived as a revolutionary and groundbreaking person, you have
changed the minds of many people. While questioning the authority around you, you've also taken a significant amount of flack. But you've had the admirable guts to persevere. There's a weird guy in the neighborhood using dubious means to protect you, but you're pretty sure it's worth it in the end. In the end, it remains unclear to you whether finches and mockingbirds get along in real life.

Revolutionary, eh......hmmmmmm......:laughing:

jesse's mommy
February 22nd, 2007, 08:03 PM
Holy Crap! I'm boycotting this quiz. I changed one answer and this is what I got:

You're Love in the Time of Cholera!
by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Like Odysseus in a work of Homer, you demonstrate undying loyalty by sleeping with as many people as you possibly can. But in your heart you never give consent! This creates a strange quandary of what love really means to you. On the one hand, you've loved the same person your whole life, but on the other, your actions barely speak to this fact. Whatever you do, stick to bottled water. The other stuff could get you killed.

~michelle~
February 22nd, 2007, 08:07 PM
i got lolita!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

You're Lolita!
by Vladimir Nabokov
Considered by most to be depraved and immoral, you are obsessed with sex. What really tantalizes you is that which deviates from societal standards in every way, though you admit that this probably isn't the best and you're not sure what causes this desire. Nonetheless, you've done some pretty nefarious things in your life, and probably gotten caught for them. The names have been changed, but the problems are real. Please stay away from children.

Hunter's_owner
February 22nd, 2007, 08:10 PM
My goodness Michelle, :eek: :laughing:

~michelle~
February 22nd, 2007, 08:11 PM
i know worst quiz results ever!!!!

hazelrunpack
February 22nd, 2007, 08:35 PM
:eek: I guess I got off a lot easier than I thought I had! :laughing:

Shamrock
February 23rd, 2007, 01:52 AM
ouch! :D

You're Ulysses!
by James Joyce
Most people are convinced that you don't make any sense, but compared to what else you could say, what you're saying now makes tons of sense. What people do understand about you is your vulgarity, which has convinced people that you are at once brilliant and repugnant. Meanwhile you are content to wander around aimlessly, taking in the sights and sounds of the city. What you see is vast, almost limitless, and brings you additional fame. When no one is looking, you dream of being a Greek folk hero

chico2
February 23rd, 2007, 09:04 AM
I too am Anne of Green Gables:eek:

Catzig
February 23rd, 2007, 09:14 AM
Very interesting quiz ... almost scary!

You're The Sound and the Fury!
by William Faulkner
Strong-willed but deeply confused, you are trying to come to grips with a major crisis in your life. You can see many different perspectives on the issue, but you're mostly overwhelmed with despair at what you've lost. People often have a hard time understanding you, but they have some vague sense that you must be brilliant anyway. Ultimately, you signify nothing.

marsupial mama
February 23rd, 2007, 09:24 AM
You're Siddhartha!
by Hermann Hesse
You simply don't know what to believe, but you're willing to try anything once. Western values, Eastern values, hedonism and minimalism, you've spent some time in every camp. But you still don't have any idea what camp you belong in. This makes you an individualist of the highest order, but also really lonely. It's time to chill out under a tree. And realize that at least you believe in ferries.

Weird. I never heard of this book and I'm not Indian or Hindu, and there are some things I will NEVER try (e.g. bungee jumping, driving on the 401)... But it has a horse on the cover. And I like trees. And ferries.

badger
February 23rd, 2007, 09:55 AM
This is a wonderful book, so I'm OK with the match, and it has some 'truthiness'....

You're Love in the Time of Cholera!
by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Like Odysseus in a work of Homer, you demonstrate undying loyalty by sleeping with as many people as you possibly can. But in your heart you never give consent! This creates a strange quandary of what love really means to you. On the one hand, you've loved the same person your whole life, but on the other, your actions barely speak to this fact. Whatever you do, stick to bottled water. The other stuff could get you killed.

~michelle~
February 23rd, 2007, 10:22 AM
why why why am i the only one who got lolita i have no idea why me?!?!?

Hunter's_owner
February 23rd, 2007, 10:30 AM
That's really funny Michelle. I did it a couple more times just to see and the last time, I got Lolita too, but I was just clicking anything to see what it takes to get it:laughing: I figured out if you say you like Oprah you won't get it, but if you say you don't you may get it depending on your next answer:shrug:

~michelle~
February 23rd, 2007, 10:32 AM
because i dont like oprah im a immoral sex-a-holic?!?! sooo unfair.... another reason i dont like oprah now

breeze
February 23rd, 2007, 10:56 AM
I am the cats cradle
You believe quite firmly that free will deserted you long ago and far
away. As a result, it's hard to take responsibility for anything. Even though you show
great potential as a leader of a small 3rd world country, the choices are all made ahead
of time. You're rather fond of games involving string. Your fear of nuclear weaponry is
trumped only by your fear of ice

this is what mine says
anyone has string?? lol