Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Evo Rm Gas?

~michelle~
February 21st, 2007, 06:58 PM
so braxton has been really gassy lately.... hes been on evo RM for a few mos now and other than that is doing well on it.
stools are ok
i thought it was grains that made them gassy?
would probiotics help?

Prin
February 21st, 2007, 07:00 PM
Sometimes it's just the food... Probiotics would probably help. Maybe digestive enzymes too...

Boo is on RM and is ok, but if he gets any of Jemma's BATM, then whooooeeee! :o

~michelle~
February 21st, 2007, 07:04 PM
thanks prin... yeah brax is silent but deadly....:yuck:

jesse's mommy
February 21st, 2007, 07:09 PM
Hehe, Jesse's are loud and long, then she looks at her butt thinking, did that come out of me? After that she gets up, looks at us, puts her ears down and walks away in embarrassment because we laugh at her. :laughing:

~michelle~
February 21st, 2007, 07:11 PM
poor girl so embarassing brax always gives the it was him look:laughing:

gypsy_girl
February 22nd, 2007, 04:02 PM
Gas is normally a sign of a food intollerance. You have two options giving a pre/probiotic and digestive enzymes.
The other option is switching to the poultry.
Dogs can have an intollerance to any protein source, not just a grain based.

jesse's mommy
February 22nd, 2007, 06:02 PM
Gas is normally a sign of a food intollerance.

Or it could be from the crap Daddy sneaks her without Mommy knowing. :frustrated:

gypsy_girl
February 22nd, 2007, 06:17 PM
Yes, it could be the "daddy" snacks! The ones that dogs "seem" to love the most are the grossest in ingedients.

~michelle~
February 22nd, 2007, 08:10 PM
no brax is allergic to poutry.... (we;re pretty sure its poultry)
no more food chages please.... hmmm i dont think it would be daddy snacks but it might be i snuck in to garbage treats

gypsy_girl
February 22nd, 2007, 10:28 PM
Are you sure it is JUST chicken, the allergy? The reason I ask is that an intollerance exhibits very differently than an allergy. A pre/probiotic should do the trick, and a digestive enzymes too.

~michelle~
February 23rd, 2007, 10:34 AM
well definately try some probiotics and digestive enzymes.... hopefully that will take care of smelly butt... he hasnt had much gas this week, maybe it was just a faze;)

gypsy_girl
February 23rd, 2007, 12:23 PM
Good luck, keep us posted!