Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Static addition

dragon_queen
February 21st, 2007, 04:49 PM
I think my parents cat is addicted to static cling. Every time I sit down with a sweater on the cat likes to rub up and down my back. I can feel the charge building on my back. Then she touches me with her nose and gets a shock, but that doesn't scare her.... oh no... she just purrs and starts again??? Anyone else have a crazy cat, maybe we could start a support group :laughing:

Frenchy
February 21st, 2007, 08:21 PM
My last 2 cats hated static ! But they were a good reminder that I had to start the humidifier :D

Stacer
February 21st, 2007, 08:36 PM
My cats don't like static, and I feel bad every time I give them a shock. I think they think I'm hurting them on purpose, cause they shrink away after a shock. awww I'm not doing it on purpose. Our other apartment had radiant heating, not electric, the air didn't get dry, so they've never experienced winter shocks. I've got a humidifier too.

Dracko
February 22nd, 2007, 12:59 AM
I think my parents cat is addicted to static cling. Every time I sit down with a sweater on the cat likes to rub up and down my back. I can feel the charge building on my back. Then she touches me with her nose and gets a shock, but that doesn't scare her.... oh no... she just purrs and starts again??? Anyone else have a crazy cat, maybe we could start a support group :laughing:

Okay, that is just too funny. Most cats HATE it, but I suppose a cat could enjoy the "shock." :laughing: