Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

are you aware of how many companies still do animal testing?????

RolandsMom
February 21st, 2007, 03:45 PM
I have been aware of the whole animal testing thing for a while and decided to google companies that still test on animals.(i do not use any body or hair care products from companies who still do tests and am busy fasing out the home care stuff too, this is a bit harder considering that my boyfiend loves the smell of certain products in the house after cleaning day!). I was fairly amazed at how many still do and surprised at those who i though did but dont. I realise that some (those who produce drugs) have to for FDA approval, but why do those who dont, still do it? If big companies (and there are a few very well known ones) who dont can still be doing so well, why cant the others follow?
AAgghh!! i get so freaking MAD!!!!!!

Prin
February 21st, 2007, 05:50 PM
Yeah, there are websites out there with lists of companies who test on animals and lists of companies who don't. It's definitely not going away.:shrug:

Golden Girls
February 21st, 2007, 08:02 PM
If big companies (and there are a few very well known ones) who dont can still be doing so well, why cant the others follow?
AAgghh!! i get so freaking MAD!!!!!!This is the only way I know how to explain what I believe is the reason:
Many people are aware of puppy mills yet will continue to buy a puppy at a pet store.
Many people are aware of the horror inside slaughterhouses yet people continue to eat meat. Same as fur, circuses, zoo's, rodeo's the list goes on
So in short just like laboratories why change anything ... they'll stop pretty quick if we would just stop supporting them :frustrated: