Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Puppy names

i_have_too_many
February 20th, 2007, 09:51 PM
Hey everyone, I need some help. I am about to register a litter of puppies and need a few name suggestions. I give each of my litters a theme, and this litter is the "fictional character" litter. So that means that each pup will be named after a character from a TV show, book or movie.

For instance I am planning to name the pup we are keeping (a girl)
Xena Warrior Princess

I need names for both boys and girls, and since I need 3 choices for each I need lots of names, so get thinking :p

Skryker
February 20th, 2007, 10:06 PM
Well, if you start with Xena, that gives you a few other choices-like Joxer the Mighty. :laughing: Hmmm, Autolocus the Prince of Thieves is a bit unwieldy. :rolleyes:

How about Polgara? She was a sorceress from David Eddings excellent Belgariad and Mallorean books. Or Garion, her nephew? Belgarath the Sorcerer (same books)? Ce'nedra the Dryad (or Xe'nedra).

Different books-Artagel the Sword Master? Myste (a princess)?

I just am drawing a blank here tonight...I'll have to look at my books.

Prin
February 20th, 2007, 10:07 PM
Sorry, I suck at names! :o

Conan O'Brien? :laughing: :o

technodoll
February 20th, 2007, 10:18 PM
awe too bad it's not the Cereal litter... could be fun...

snap, crackle, pop! :D

fictional characters... fiona? captain april? iron giant? princess lea? luke skywalker? romeo? aladdin? nemo? :o

brandynva
February 20th, 2007, 10:40 PM
Well, if you start with Xena, that gives you a few other choices-like Joxer the Mighty. :laughing: Hmmm, Autolocus the Prince of Thieves is a bit unwieldy. :rolleyes:

How about Polgara? She was a sorceress from David Eddings excellent Belgariad and Mallorean books. Or Garion, her nephew? Belgarath the Sorcerer (same books)? Ce'nedra the Dryad (or Xe'nedra).

Different books-Artagel the Sword Master? Myste (a princess)?

I just am drawing a blank here tonight...I'll have to look at my books.

I'm reading the Mallorean series now. Excellent books! :thumbs up

There's always Lord of the Rings characters too. Frodo, Gimli, Bilbo, Arwen to name a few...

i_have_too_many
February 27th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Thanks all for your suggestions, I am trying to stick to names I can pronounce though :laughing:

I can not use Romeo, that is the father's name, and I know another dog named Nemo.

I have a list now, I will add some of these to it.

Maxine
February 27th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Hi there! I called my dog Lex, from Lex Luthor, superman's ennemy! I don't know if you like it, but i obviously find it's good lol!:goodvibes:
Or Flash.. :rolleyes:
Good luck!
Maxine

i_have_too_many
February 28th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Ok so here's a question, speaking of superman, is his real name Kent Clark or Clark Kent :confused:

I am really stuck on girls names, I like something flashy, cute or strong, if you know what I mean.

Hunter's_owner
February 28th, 2007, 10:28 AM
Superman's real name is Clark Kent;)

OntarioGreys
February 28th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Western theme
Annie Oakley, Cisco Kid, Gunsmoke Kitty, Lone Ranger, Tonto
Hopalong Cassidy, Dr. Quinn, Roy Rogers, Dale Evans

Disney
Cruella De Vil, Pocahontas, Maid Marian , Thumbelina, Lizzie McGuire, Mary Poppins, Jessica Rabbit,

Gilligan Island theme

Ginger Grant, Lovey Howell, Mary Ann Summers, Gilligan, the skipper, Professor Roy Hinkley, Thurston Howell

Beverly Hilbillies

Jed Clampett, Granny Moses, Elly May Clampett, Jethro Bodine, Milburn Drysdale, Jane Hathaway

Happy Days cast
Arthur "Fonzie" Fonzarelli , Richie Cunningham , Howard Cunningham , Marion Cunningham, Joanie Cunningham , Warren "Potsie" Weber , Ralph Malph , Arnold (Matsuo Takahashi) , Alfred Delvecchio , Charles "Chachi" Arcola , Laverne DeFazio and Shirley Feeney

others
Marilyn Monroe, Ozzie and Harriet, lucille ball, Zsa Zsa Gabor

rainbow
February 28th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Male Superheroes:

http://lowchensaustralia.com/names/heroes.htm

Female Superheroes:

http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/List%20of%20female%20superheroes

Super Villainesses

http://lowchensaustralia.com/names/villainesses.htm

All the above come from this website:

http://lowchensaustralia.com/names/famous.htm (scroll about halfway down the page)

i_have_too_many
February 28th, 2007, 09:23 PM
So many great suggestions, thanks

Those links are awesome, I will keep it in mind for future litters as well.

Thank you all. :grouphug:

technodoll
February 28th, 2007, 10:18 PM
I am really stuck on girls names, I like something flashy, cute or strong, if you know what I mean.

some names i like... Vegas (for vegas showgirl :D ), Juno, Coco (chanel!), Jazz, Dallas, Austin, Java... :dog:

JanM
February 28th, 2007, 10:43 PM
Since I'm a Harry Potter fan, I'd go with "magical" names but then, come to think of it, they might be a bit unwieldy - Whomping Willow - or Willow,
Sorcerer, Gryffindor, Muggles, Hufflepuff, Merlin...

All I can say is, Good Luck!