Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dead Deer-Monteregie

poodletalk
February 20th, 2007, 04:53 PM
I have received a phone call someone found a dead dear on their country home property. They do not know who to call to dispose of the body, either do I. Does anyone know? :confused:

Prin
February 20th, 2007, 04:56 PM
It would probably be a department of the city.. I know in Laval, they have an animal picker upper that's city run. :shrug:

Skryker
February 20th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Probably the city, or animal control (if that's not the SPCA).

You could try the police non-emergency number, too-they'd probably be able to tell you who to contact.

chico2
February 20th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Here Oakville Humane would pick it up..
:rip: little deer

Golden Girls
February 20th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Ya i think too the Animal Control would pick it up. :rip: deer :rip:

K9Friend
February 20th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Contact the game warden office in their area - listed in gov't pages (blue pages) of their phone book!

happycats
February 21st, 2007, 01:32 PM
Maybe call the MNR (ministry of natural resources) I think that's who you call here. Or maybe a raw feeder on the board would like it (why waste it)

meb999
February 21st, 2007, 02:54 PM
LOL!! I could just see techno trying to strap a deer on her car :D

happycats
February 21st, 2007, 03:16 PM
LOL!! I could just see techno trying to strap a deer on her car :D
LOL she might try!!
just call your local butcher, I'm sure they will be happy to butcher it up for raw dog feed.

Dog Dancer
February 21st, 2007, 04:12 PM
Actually, here in BC a regular butcher is not allowed to cut game meat due to the health risk issues. We actually have our own saw and grinder for when BF and his son hunt. Our butcher won't/can't touch it, he could lose his business if he did.

happycats
February 21st, 2007, 08:52 PM
Actually, here in BC a regular butcher is not allowed to cut game meat due to the health risk issues. We actually have our own saw and grinder for when BF and his son hunt. Our butcher won't/can't touch it, he could lose his business if he did.

I know my neighbor says he goes to a local butcher (maybe he only butchers game?):shrug: