Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Blizzard in NL

Hunter's_owner
February 20th, 2007, 01:19 PM
Here are some pics of the snow in my driveway and backyard this morning.

Hunter's_owner
February 20th, 2007, 01:19 PM
2 others...

breeze
February 20th, 2007, 01:21 PM
omg thats a lot of snow !!!!!!!!!! :eek: I remeber snow like that!!

Skryker
February 20th, 2007, 01:21 PM
:eek: Don't you just love when winter wallops you all at once? :rolleyes:

Hunter's_owner
February 20th, 2007, 01:26 PM
Even worse when it has been walloping us since January came in.:frustrated:

technodoll
February 20th, 2007, 01:27 PM
at least you can still see your car :D

seriously... dat's aLOT of snow! holy cow! enough to jump off the roof into, wheeee! :laughing:

Skryker
February 20th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Yeah, that's true. It's really brutal when you get an unusually warm Nov-Dec and then WHAMMO! Icy new year.

I'm just glad we got our new windows in before the deep freeze days hit.

Hunter's_owner
February 20th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Yeah my car was the only one not covered. My man has an SUV, it was at the end of the driveway and the snow was right up over the back of it. He figures there was about 4 feet at the end of the driveway.:eek:

Prin
February 20th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Wow!! So that's what 40cms + 100km/h winds do, eh? Woooeeee! :grouphug:

Hunter's_owner
February 20th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Actually 60 cms of snow and 100-110 km/hr winds:rolleyes:
I can't believe how much was there. Mark told me I should have given him the camera before he did the bottom of the driveway, he said it was a lot more down there that I didn't get a picture of:eek: :D

Mocha's mum
February 20th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Holy crap!! I'll stop complaining about the snow here!! Except when those idiots polish up the intersections by spinning their tires.....:yell:

rainbow
February 20th, 2007, 06:38 PM
I remember getting that much snow at one time when we lived in Kitimat, B.C. They don't call it Snow Valley up there for nothing.....we'd get 2 ft. at a time up there easy. Only got the wind once in a while though.

I can really relate to all that snow HO and I feel sorry for you. :grouphug: :grouphug: There doesn't seem to be much on the roofs....does everyone there have metal ones?

SARAH
February 20th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Reminds me of Norway (the part I lived in) last winter. We got 30-40 cm of snow overnight on a Monday, cleared it and had another go with 40 cm on Wednesday, then a third 30-40 cm snowfall on the Friday! Over a meter in a week! But then it stopped falling too, it was just nice and white and the roads were cleared so that we were driving on the asphalt as if it were summer. Perfect.

Frenchy
February 20th, 2007, 08:08 PM
OMG ! I hope you're not working tomorrow :fingerscr Poor Cassie :yell:

technodoll
February 20th, 2007, 08:27 PM
ok we saw the "before shoveling" photos, now where are the "after shoveling and OMG check out the snowbanks" photos :D

Byrd
February 20th, 2007, 08:31 PM
Hate to tell you this, but it was +5 here today. :sorry: We just hit 0 now.

I'm hoping we don't get anymore of that ugly white stuff. :yuck:

hazelrunpack
February 20th, 2007, 09:29 PM
:pray: Send it my way, HO! Please! I spent the day washing muddy paws before the Pack came in... We were about 5, too...light breeze...sun...pftuiii!:frustrated:

give me snow any day!!!

Prin
February 20th, 2007, 09:40 PM
:frustrated: We were supposed to get that +5 weather but noooooo, we aren't. :frustrated:

hazelrunpack
February 20th, 2007, 09:42 PM
:frustrated: We were supposed to get that +5 weather but noooooo, we aren't. :frustrated:

You can have ours. I want cold hard earth, below freezing temps and clean paws... :D

and all of HO's snow, of course! :crazy:

Hunter's_owner
February 21st, 2007, 07:32 AM
I remember getting that much snow at one time when we lived in Kitimat, B.C. They don't call it Snow Valley up there for nothing.....we'd get 2 ft. at a time up there easy. Only got the wind once in a while though.

I can really relate to all that snow HO and I feel sorry for you. :grouphug: :grouphug: There doesn't seem to be much on the roofs....does everyone there have metal ones?

No there are no metal roofs here, just 110 km.hr winds that blow the snow off the roofs:laughing:

My man had family that lived in Kittimat, Rainbow...is it a big place or is there a possiblity you know them?

Hunter's_owner
February 21st, 2007, 07:33 AM
Reminds me of Norway (the part I lived in) last winter. We got 30-40 cm of snow overnight on a Monday, cleared it and had another go with 40 cm on Wednesday, then a third 30-40 cm snowfall on the Friday! Over a meter in a week! But then it stopped falling too, it was just nice and white and the roads were cleared so that we were driving on the asphalt as if it were summer. Perfect.

Yeah there was someone on the news last night from Norway, this is his first winter here in NL, and he said that he seen something close to this over there once, but not quite as bad:o :D

Hunter's_owner
February 21st, 2007, 07:34 AM
ok we saw the "before shoveling" photos, now where are the "after shoveling and OMG check out the snowbanks" photos :D

Yeah I will have to do that later today I guess,:laughing:

Hunter's_owner
February 21st, 2007, 05:31 PM
Here are the after pics.
The first is one part of the back yard and the second is the pathway of the next door neighbours

Hunter's_owner
February 21st, 2007, 05:32 PM
Here is the bottom of the driveway and looking across the street

breeze
February 21st, 2007, 05:38 PM
now thasts snow yup just like i remembered it, now adays we don't get that much snow any more (must be global warming) hehehehehehe

rainbow
February 21st, 2007, 07:47 PM
My man had family that lived in Kittimat, Rainbow...is it a big place or is there a possiblity you know them?

The population was around 12,000 if I remember right. We lived there from 1989 to 1998. Where did they work and what's the last name? (pm it if you want).

The last pics you posted definitely remind me of Kitimat.

coppperbelle
February 21st, 2007, 08:34 PM
That's a lot of snow. Looks like it did when I was a kid, many, many years ago. Remember snow days where school was cancelled for a week because the streets couldn't be cleared. I remember my parents putting our dog outside to go to the bathroom by the kitchen window because we couldn't open the doors. Then my father would send me out to shovel the doorway.

You think all that snow will be gone by the summer? I drove up to St-Anthony's, NL in July once and it snowed. It was the most miserable day and I missed all the beautiful scenery.

Where in NL are you located?

Hunter's_owner
February 21st, 2007, 08:38 PM
That's a lot of snow. Looks like it did when I was a kid, many, many years ago. Remember snow days where school was cancelled for a week because the streets couldn't be cleared. I remember my parents putting our dog outside to go to the bathroom by the kitchen window because we couldn't open the doors. Then my father would send me out to shovel the doorway.

You think all that snow will be gone by the summer? I drove up to St-Anthony's, NL in July once and it snowed. It was the most miserable day and I missed all the beautiful scenery.

Where in NL are you located?

Yeah all that snow will be gone by the summer:laughing: (Or most of it anyway...lol...just kidding;) ).
Yeah I have seen it snow here in June before:rolleyes:

I am in St. John's. That is where I spend most of my time, most of my family live on the Avalon about 1 hour and a half outside the city, so I spend time there as well.

Hunter's_owner
February 21st, 2007, 08:40 PM
I heard on the news tonight that the airport recorded so many days of consecutive snowfall and it broke a record:eek: I am not sure how many days, I will try to catch it on the news later.

We didn't have very much snow before January at all, but now we have a total of 200 and something cms that is after falling all winter. (again I got to catch it on the news again, I missed the exact amount)

technodoll
February 21st, 2007, 08:44 PM
oooo great pics HO! :cloud9: i looove big snow... and shovelling can be fun too, if you forget it's "work" :D Quebec City usually has tons of snow too... not this year though. this is last year's St-Valentine's day, so you don't feel so alone, LOL :laughing:

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j129/technodoll/P1010156.jpg

Hunter's_owner
February 21st, 2007, 08:49 PM
Thanks TD, makes me feel a little better. I actually don't mind it at all, once the shovelling is done.

I don't mind shovelling really, as long as I have some help:rolleyes: lol

But today was absolutely beautiful, so that definetly helps:)

technodoll
February 21st, 2007, 08:55 PM
and don't forget your new "snow muscles"

http://weez.oyzon.com/archives/rosie.gif

Frenchy
February 21st, 2007, 08:58 PM
It does look beautiful HO ( as long as you don't have to drive during the storm )

Hunter's_owner
February 21st, 2007, 09:00 PM
lol Techno:laughing:

Yeah Frenchy, it is even more beautiful out by my parent's and I think they got more snow than the city:eek:

I will get some pics of the snow piles out there when I go out there on Friday