Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

slow board ?

Frenchy
February 19th, 2007, 07:21 PM
I find the board super slow tonight and I think I'm not alone. I think it's because of the Home Depot advertising. Could we get another sponsor ? :p No but really, on every page that I see these (Home Depot) , posting and everything else is very slow. :sad:

Prin
February 19th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Not sure if it's the home depot, but it is slower than usual tonight. :o

breeze
February 19th, 2007, 07:26 PM
ya they are slow especialy the thread jack thread does not want to come in very well having problems also

Lukka'sma
February 20th, 2007, 01:23 PM
I found this site very slow the night before last. So slow in fact that I just gave up and went on to do other stuff. Got my sorry arse whipped in yahoo euchre, but have since recovered:thumbs up

wdawson
February 20th, 2007, 06:52 PM
i think it is the home depot ad....every page i go to,at the bottom of my screen it says. waiting for 1 item,pagead2 googlesyndicationads.....its waiting to download and kinda slows the page i'm trying to view.

Frenchy
February 20th, 2007, 07:02 PM
It's even worse than yesterday !

Frenchy
February 20th, 2007, 07:11 PM
I'm gonna quit trying and log off now. :shrug:

rainbow
February 20th, 2007, 09:11 PM
i think it is the home depot ad....every page i go to,at the bottom of my screen it says. waiting for 1 item,pagead2 googlesyndicationads.....its waiting to download and kinda slows the page i'm trying to view.

That's what it does to me too. Even if I click on the "stop button" it still just stays like that. And, some posts I've replied to won't even go through and I just have to forget about replying. :frustrated:

JanM
February 20th, 2007, 11:11 PM
I'm having the same problem - the waiting and waiting - very slow..

marko
February 21st, 2007, 07:45 AM
I'll look into the Home depot ad - Hmmm. They are not a direct sponsor - they just show up like other 3rd party ads.

I have noticed this slowness too but If I click the X to stop loading the page, it seems to help. I will enquire though to see what's going on.

thx

M

Frenchy
February 21st, 2007, 06:52 PM
It still very very slow tonight, It's always on pages where we see Home Depot :frustrated:

rainbow
February 21st, 2007, 07:16 PM
Marko, thanks for looking into this. I also agree with Frenchy.....it is still really slow right now. :frustrated:

wdawson
February 22nd, 2007, 05:21 PM
better now that home depot is gone....thanks marko

rainbow
February 22nd, 2007, 05:34 PM
Definitely better....thanks from me too, Marko. :thumbs up

Frenchy
February 22nd, 2007, 06:11 PM
woohoo ! :thumbs up Thanks Marko :highfive:

marko
February 26th, 2007, 08:54 AM
Great! - I'm glad it works better now that I had them remove the Home depot ad.

As always, if something is slowing down the site for many members/visitors - and you report it here or better yet in the technical problems subforum http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42 - I'm on it ASAP.

Thanks all!:thumbs up

Marko