Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Just because I'm cute!!

dogcatharmony
February 19th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Here a few of my recent fav photos........

dogcatharmony
February 19th, 2007, 01:41 PM
and two more.....

breeze
February 19th, 2007, 01:41 PM
I love the one with the duck... what are you doing in here?? too funny

JanM
February 19th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Great pics! I like the fierce snarly one... Don't touch my stuffie!

chico2
February 19th, 2007, 02:20 PM
Those are sooo funny:laughing:he certainly is cute,but I was concerned about the black fluffy thing,thought it might be a cat:laughing:

dogcatharmony
February 19th, 2007, 02:26 PM
LOL the one with the snarl and the stuffie was a fluke....she was spinning and spinnning with it in her mouth and it dropped out.....think she was dizzy and didn't realized where it went. she is too funny....always has to have a stuffie handy.........her best buddy *(the duck) goes everywhere with her. I have to pry it out of her mouth to go walking, and I can't count how many times I have woke up in the middle of the night after I rolled over on it and it starts "quack, quack, quack , quack" Dang noisey toys...:laughing:

dogcatharmony
February 19th, 2007, 02:28 PM
LOL Chico.....no kitties were harmed!!! This is Zoe with one of the cats...she knows who rules the roost.

technodoll
February 19th, 2007, 02:31 PM
ha ha! she wants duck for dinner :D

she always reminds me of an akita (i know she's not!), just so uncanny. what a sweet girl!

chico2
February 19th, 2007, 02:37 PM
That's soo cute,so the kitties rule the roost,eh?
I can certainly picture it:laughing:
Zoe does look like an Akita..

dogcatharmony
February 19th, 2007, 02:40 PM
ty techno.......I honestly have never seen another dog with her colouring until I saw your Maika (who is just gorgeous). Now I see why so many people stop and ask if she is an Akita. Just lately she is starting to get the elkhound 'salt and pepper" hair on her chest and face and ears. She has lost her lovely black nose.

dogcatharmony
February 19th, 2007, 02:51 PM
This is a pic of zoe's bed..........which i think she has been 'allowed" to use maybe three times. Amos calls the shots in the house.......no one wants to mess with a 21 pound cat with and attitude.

technodoll
February 19th, 2007, 03:01 PM
you could swear your girl comes from this family of akitas :D (makes me wonder, how many mixed dogs in shelters are mis-identified? :eek: )

Prin
February 19th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Very cute! I like the teethy one. :lovestruck:

Shamrock
February 19th, 2007, 04:13 PM
aww.. what great photos!:cloud9:

trippincherri
February 19th, 2007, 11:32 PM
Duck Soup?
Very cute, love how she looks genuinely confused as to why duckies in the bowl. Pets are so expressive!

TeriM
February 20th, 2007, 01:10 AM
Aww, what a character :thumbs up .

shirley1011
February 23rd, 2007, 11:42 AM
Elkhounds are wonderful dogs...not too many know about them. We have
two females and the oldest (4 in June) has had two litters now. WE have
a waiting list for the next group in the fall again. Elkhounds are so smart and
so loyal and sooo much fun.
We have a Shepherd/Elkhound tha got us hooked on "Elkhounds" who is
missing now going on six months.
Where in Canada are you. We are in Ontario and there sure aren't many of them around.
Wonderful dogs....love yours and enjoy

dogcatharmony
February 23rd, 2007, 02:04 PM
Thankyou for you compliments Shirley!! Elkhounds are great and yes I agree not to many people know of them. I would love to see pictures of yours!! She gets many comments from people because she is odd looking. I have people that think she is a miniture german shepard or an Akita. I have a few issues with her....nothing huge.......just her loyalty to her family and friends can be a bit imtimidating at times. Plus the way she carries herself and her high curly tail does make some other dogs nervous.....but once you have made a friend she is one for life.

I live up north.......city of Sault Ste. Marie and I only know of three Elkhounds up here. One of them being zoe's mother.

shirley1011
February 23rd, 2007, 03:39 PM
Wow you are away up there! We are down in sunny southern Oshawa.
We had two of our puppies from last year's litter that went up
to Kapiskasing and one to Timmins.
I have to figure out how to downsize my pictures and when I do
I will send you some.
Elkhounds are cerainly loyal...I'm not sure I could ever have another
breed after having these sweet dogs....but they sure do shed when they
shed. I have heard it called "tumbleweed" but I'll survive that problem.
I thought maybe with the Leaf's jersey you might have been in
Toronto!

dogcatharmony
February 23rd, 2007, 06:16 PM
LOL.....i am getting ready for the tumbleweed season !!! Should be getting close.....she didn't really grow in thick like she did last year....this winter has be weird and warm. Usually the hair on her rear legs are like big fluffy panties...this year much shorter. I can already see the hair seperating....starting to look like wool now so "blowing coat " will be soon.

We have a lady in town that asks people for certain hair from dogs when they blow coat. She spins the hair into dog wool and makes sweaters and such with it. Sounds a odd but.....our local paper had a write up about it , she has got quite a system .

Dracko
February 23rd, 2007, 08:27 PM
dogcatharmony, I had never seen a dog with the same coloring as mine (black mask, all beige body) until yours.

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/8905/img0621da6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Frenchy
February 23rd, 2007, 08:30 PM
always has to have a stuffie handy.........her best buddy *(the duck) goes everywhere with her.

So what's your secret ? How come she doesn't kill it ? (destroy) Cuz after five minutes at my house , ducky would be :rip:

Frenchy
February 23rd, 2007, 08:31 PM
dogcatharmony, I had never seen a dog with the same coloring as mine (black mask, all beige body) until yours.

:offtopic: looove your fireplace.:cloud9: