Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Innova or Wolfking in Montreal?

mcarciero
February 19th, 2007, 07:23 AM
Hi,

Im knew to this board so please bare with me if this question has been asked numerous times.

I read some threads and came to the conclusion of purchasing either the Innova or Wolfking for my Golden Retreiver. If i did choose Innova , i wouldnt know which to choose because there are so many options at the site.

The odd thing is I cant find these poducts in Montreal, Quebec. I noticed that PRIN is very popular on this board and that she lives in Montreal as well.

Maybe she can help me?

P.S....I would like to choose the food that could perhaps make my dog gain some weight.

Thank-you

Scott_B
February 19th, 2007, 07:26 AM
I would try Innova Evo for your pooch :thumbs up

If you go to their website they have a store locator.

BMDLuver
February 19th, 2007, 07:52 AM
You live in montreal, so there are many different stores that carry.... There's Urban Pet, Le Reveille du Maitre, Animalerie and Pawtisserie, Woofers.... If you give a better location than Montreal, then a store near you we can suggest.

mcarciero
February 19th, 2007, 08:34 AM
You live in montreal, so there are many different stores that carry.... There's Urban Pet, Le Reveille du Maitre, Animalerie and Pawtisserie, Woofers.... If you give a better location than Montreal, then a store near you we can suggest.

I live in St-Leonard. Hope that helps..

mcarciero
February 19th, 2007, 08:42 AM
I would try Innova Evo for your pooch :thumbs up

If you go to their website they have a store locator.

Is Evo canned food? There is beef, chicken , duck, rabbit and vennison. These are all canned.... Choose this over large breed Adult dry?

Sorry...i just found dry food...So Evo dry over large breed? There is also Red Meat....im confused!!

thanx for all your help guys

Scott_B
February 19th, 2007, 08:50 AM
Evo is an all life stage food. How old is your pup now?

mcarciero
February 19th, 2007, 09:03 AM
Evo is an all life stage food. How old is your pup now?

She is 4 years old

Scott_B
February 19th, 2007, 09:07 AM
Ok. The reason I ask is because They don't recommend Evo for large breed puppies. Although a GR is a medium to medium/large breed.

But yeah, either of the Evo formulas should work great for her. Canidae is also a great choice. They have a few formulas.

mcarciero
February 19th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Ok. The reason I ask is because They don't recommend Evo for large breed puppies. Although a GR is a medium to medium/large breed.

But yeah, either of the Evo formulas should work great for her. Canidae is also a great choice. They have a few formulas.

thank-you so much for your time!!

Scott_B
February 19th, 2007, 09:20 AM
no problem :thumbs up

Prin
February 19th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Hmm... I called a couple ma and pa ones near St-Leonard and they're all science diet and crap stores. :rolleyes:

Your closest one might be:
Croque En Bol - 514-728-7954
2227, rue Beaubien Est, Montréal, QC H2G 1M8
:shrug:

I go to Nutriville in Laval... If you have a car, it's right up the 15..:o They have crazy selection of holistic foods and will order anything holistic they don't have for you. :)

technodoll
February 19th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Innova Evo (dry food) has two options: Regular (chicken and turkey based) and Red Meat. This food does not contain any grains, which is why it does cost more but you pay for what you get. :)

Canidae is also a good seller, for the price it has alot of meat proteins.

Call a few petshops around you and ask if they carry the foods you want, and if not, could they order it for you. many will, if their distributors have it available.

good luck! :highfive:

mcarciero
February 19th, 2007, 11:50 PM
Hmm... I called a couple ma and pa ones near St-Leonard and they're all science diet and crap stores. :rolleyes:

Your closest one might be:
Croque En Bol - 514-728-7954
2227, rue Beaubien Est, Montréal, QC H2G 1M8
:shrug:

I go to Nutriville in Laval... If you have a car, it's right up the 15..:o They have crazy selection of holistic foods and will order anything holistic they don't have for you. :)

Thank-you Prin..I will check it out!! May I ask what brand your feeding your dog?

mcarciero
February 19th, 2007, 11:51 PM
Innova Evo (dry food) has two options: Regular (chicken and turkey based) and Red Meat. This food does not contain any grains, which is why it does cost more but you pay for what you get. :)

Canidae is also a good seller, for the price it has alot of meat proteins.

Call a few petshops around you and ask if they carry the foods you want, and if not, could they order it for you. many will, if their distributors have it available.

good luck! :highfive:

Thank-you Technodoll!!

Prin
February 19th, 2007, 11:52 PM
Right now, I'm feeding one Innova Evo Red Meat and the other Solid Gold Barking at the Moon. :) But I'm not 100% happy with the BATM yet.. :shrug:

Mocha's mum
February 20th, 2007, 12:05 AM
I don't mean to steal the thread here, but is Evo good for allergies?
:sorry: You can shoot me later!!

Prin
February 20th, 2007, 12:15 AM
There's some info out there that says high protein foods can exacerbate allergies. Not sure if it's true, logically I don't know how it's true other than because of the variety of protein sources in these foods, but I know for Boo, who is intolerant to chicken, Evo RM has been GREAT. Jemma didn't do well on it though.. :shrug:

technodoll
February 20th, 2007, 09:50 AM
prin, do you think that jemma's dandruff *could* be residues and repercussions from last summer's swimmer's itch, and the Evo didn't have anything to do with it... just a really lousy coincidence? :confused: just wondering...

:sorry: for the threadjack! :o

Prin
February 20th, 2007, 02:38 PM
It definitely got much, much worse on Evo RM though and better for a while when I got her off the RM. It's bad now, but not nearly the 1cmx1cm flakes she had before. :sorry: :offtopic:

coppperbelle
February 20th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Have you ever had her thyroid tested? Chloe never had bad dandruff but she would get skin infections and had very thin fur. It is much better since the Canidae and medication.

Prin
February 20th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Yeah, that's the next step for Jemma. :rolleyes:

rainbow
February 20th, 2007, 06:47 PM
I thought you already had her checked for that. Hair loss and dandruff are two of the most common symptoms and recurring ear infections happen too. Is her skin darkened or thickened too?

Please take her to the vet and post with an update. :laughing: But, start a new thread first. :D

Prin
February 20th, 2007, 08:47 PM
lol No I had everything else checked.. Her skin is fine otherwise. Her personality is the same... The ear infections come and go depending on whether her moron mom gives her a bread crust by accident or she rolls in the snow and collects wetness in her ears... :rolleyes:

meb999
February 21st, 2007, 07:23 AM
Just to let you know (so you don't have a heartattack at the store!), both innova and Solid Gold are more pricey than non-hollistic foods -- you are paying for the higher quality meats (instead of slaughterhouse-floor scrappings!!:yuck: )
BUT you'll feed less AND you'll save a ton in vet bills in the long run, so it actually comes out cheaper.

PERSONNALLY, I like the invova EVO better than the Wolf King (grains are not really a natural part of a dogs diet), but WK is still a good choice (alot better than most foods!!)

gillnav
April 30th, 2009, 10:53 AM
my friend is opening a store in st-hubert in the south shore and hes going to carry innova, innnova evo, nutram (which is apparently a good food, made right here in canada) - he might even be bringing in california natural, im not sure tho - i think he said the store is opening in a few weeks.

ive been feeding my boston terrier evo for a long time and he loves it, but i think its a really rich food suitable for active dogs only and my bt is one active little bugger

oh ya, and the name of the store will be pattes vertes. i think he said he was opening the 2nd week of may if im not mistaken.