Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My fat rant!

LynLyn
February 19th, 2007, 12:48 AM
Dear friends and family that think that I can stand to lose a couple of pounds. Shut Up!! I don't care if you think that I am so called "fat". I don't care how much prettier I will be if I would only lose that extra weight!! My weight will NO LONGER be a 20 minute conversation topic at dinner!! It ruins my appetite! :frustrated:

Why why why?? do you care about how big I am? does it affect you negatively in any way? do I take up too much space at the table? I can eat somewhere else!! Does it hurt you to look at me? Am I breaking the bank when I come over and eat? cause I CAN EAT AT HOME!! You need not INVITE me!

Does my weight affect YOU negatively in any way!!! So what!! If I am not a size 0!! So what if boys will like me more if I am skinny!(Roger loves me the way I am!! So there!!) So what if I don't take the weight off now, I'll never take it off IF I have kids (good thing I'm not having them) So what if every pound I gain I get "uglier".

If I ever become anorexic or bulimic, I will know exactly where to point the finger!! It will not be at the Nicole Richies, and the Lindsay Lohans, it will be at you!! The people that APPPARENTLY love me the most and want whats best for me!!

Now please just leave me alone. I am SICK AND TIRED of shedding tears over my "extra poundage" and "love handles". I am sick and tired of being depressed eating. I am SICK of even contemplating throwing up my meals. Yes I think these things!! but I will not EVER EVER EVER get "skinny" for you!!!!! What I am sick and tired of the most!!! Is that I feel bad!! I should NOT feel bad, I know that I should not feel bad, but I do!! because when I look in that mirror, I see fat fat fat fat fat, and you don't help! Because I am not fat!! I only am by your standards!!

So as Tyra said...

YOU CAN KISS MY FAT A**!!!!

Prin
February 19th, 2007, 02:17 AM
:grouphug: :grouphug: Been there, am there. :grouphug:

Family sucks sometimes. They really have to get their priorities straight. I finally got over an eating disorder, got a thyroid thing and my family STILL bugs me. Hello! I'm healthy! :rolleyes:

You just have to let it roll off. :shrug: Try to be fit and happy, whatever size that leads you to end up.:)

Bearsmom
February 19th, 2007, 07:40 AM
Heh, so been there. When my mom was in her final stages of cancer, I stopped worrying about what I was eating, and just focussed on her. The result? I gained about 20 lbs.

I've also been on a no carb/no sugar diet and have lost about 30 lbs so far. The kicker? I called my dad in Florida the other day, told him that while we were down in Florida next month, I'm not going to be sticking to the diet. His response? "Careful, you'll gain all that weight back". SURE, DAD, IN 2 WEEKS????!!!! I also have a sister who looks and is the same body type as Michelle Pfeiffer, which really doesn't help.

It's an ongoing battle with me with my weight, but I refuse to think I'm EVER going to be a size 0.

As far as I'm concerned, as long as your happy with yourself, everyone else can pound salt!!!!

Frenchy
February 19th, 2007, 12:33 PM
[QUOTE=Prin;376422 Try to be fit and happy, [/QUOTE]

As long as people don't get to obese cuz it's really bad for their health, I really don't care about my friend's or family member's weight cuz I love them the way they are. :grouphug:

RolandsMom
February 19th, 2007, 12:45 PM
but I refuse to think I'm EVER going to be a size 0.
[/QUOTE]

hehe. im never even going to hit size 8.im struggling to stay at 12!!(or is it 14? or hell sometimes when i try on clothes its 16.)
i was watchin Oprah the other day and they had a PLUS size model on. she was a 12!!!!!!!!! since when is 12 a plus size?
the most important thing is that you are happy. society sets standards that are impossible for a lot of normal healthy women to achieve. I believe that as long as you try to stay as healthy as possible, weight is a moot point!
you stick to your guns lynlyn and dont ever think of going down that eating disorder road. its not a pretty place to visit, dont change yourself EVER for the sake of others.

technodoll
February 19th, 2007, 12:51 PM
LOL lynlyn, had a bad family dinner? :D

from what i've seen you're a tiny little thing, and your peeps need to get their heads examined. remember it's always easier to bla-bla-bla about someone else's "problems" than to focus on our own so this tells me THEY have problems, not you! :grouphug:

if it's any consolation i'm sometimes a size 6, sometimes a size 8, depending on who makes the clothes. i gave up fitting into size 4 clothes about 10 years ago and before that i was a STICK and i NEVER fit in anything smaller than 4! :eek: i don't miss those days. curves are beautiful, curves are human and healthy so pshaw what "they" say.

no go eat some ice-cream to console yourself! :highfive:

badger
February 19th, 2007, 01:41 PM
And stop watching Oprah. If ever there was a false prophet, she's it.

dtbmnec
February 19th, 2007, 01:55 PM
I've been blessed with a fast metabolism. I am skinny and you know what? I'd be even happier with myself if I gained a few pounds!

Why?

1-I'm always cold
2-When I get sick there's nothing for my body to "eat" but muscle (no fat reserves)
3-I'm not happy being as skinny as I am
4-Surprisingly enough finding pants to fit me is very difficult (Apparently I have "hips" and they don't "fit the mold" of the super skinny people)
5-I live in constant fear that everyone will see me as an anorexic/bulimic.
6-I have to put up with lots of "skinny jokes" (I can't bring myself to hug you because you'll break)

It really isn't all its cracked up to be...So I say that you stay the weight you're comfortable with! You tell your family that you are happy the way you are and that if you feel like putting on five pounds than you damn well will! It is good to be a healthy weight!

Megan

Prin
February 19th, 2007, 02:07 PM
i was watchin Oprah the other day and they had a PLUS size model on. she was a 12!!!!!!!!! since when is 12 a plus size?
Since size 00 became an ideal :rolleyes: With people getting fatter, you'd think they'd stop making the general population feel so bad about themselves. :rolleyes:

technodoll
February 19th, 2007, 02:11 PM
and let,s not even GO into the "new sizes" coming out... the "minus" like -2 sizes. are those for dead people, like old skeletons? :eek: :clown:

Dog Dancer
February 19th, 2007, 02:26 PM
LynLyn I feel your pain! I've always been overweight and only recently managed to bring it down of my own free will. Still am not at an "ideal" weight, but am very happy with where I am. Lucky for me the boyfriend thinks it's great! You just be happy with yourself and enjoy.

Prin
February 19th, 2007, 02:36 PM
In my (brief) experience, a guy finds a girl sexy when she finds herself sexy, regardless of her weight. :shrug: Confidence is sexy.

Shamrock
February 19th, 2007, 04:32 PM
LynLyn, I'm so sorry there are some around you who attempt to undercut your feelings of contentment with yourself.:grouphug:
I'd suggest sending or giving the mean-spirited offenders a copy of your post. They need to back off, perhaps look to something constructive in their own lives that needs attention.:shrug:

If weight is a health matter, a doctor has advised a reduction, that is one thing, and of course should not be ignored.

But for anyone else, family or not... how is this their business?
Criticizing how another looks, butting in with unsolicited and unwanted preaching of how you "should" look, what you "need" to do really amounts to a thinly-veiled personal attack.:mad: This usually is justified under the smug and self-righteous guise of "for your own good".:rolleyes:

What you "need" is people who encourage, support and love you as you are.
In a sometimes cold and cruel world,familes and friends are the very ones we look to in this area,
They should build and reinforce our self esteem... not deflate it.:sad:

trippincherri
February 20th, 2007, 12:54 PM
I used to be skinny lol, but then started gaining a lot of weight for no reason and I too got stuck with a thyroid problem.
People just didn't get though that I didn't eat myself to that weight, so it came down to a lot of uneducated people making me feel like crap.
I would cry sometimes because of the comments they made on how much weight I was gaining, it was depressing and I couldn't control it.

I have now lost nearly 30 lbs just by strictly watching what I eat, though I fall off the wagon everyday lol. I still eat junk food but watch how much saturated and trans fats are in them and the cholesterol is a biggy for me I will not buy foods with high amounts of cholesterol in them.

I do this to help manage my health problems not because I want to be skinny, Prin was right it is how you conduct yourself that makes you appealing not how big you are.

Prin
February 20th, 2007, 01:44 PM
:grouphug: :grouphug: Sorry for being bugged, Trippin.:grouphug:

breeze
February 20th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Lynlyn, you are never going to please anyone weither you are skinny fat or just the right size, someone will find fault in everything, sooooo be please with yourself and show other it does not matter the size you are !! It's hard but as long as you are happy with yourself that is all that matters. size is just a number. :) :love:

Stacer
February 20th, 2007, 04:46 PM
You mention that you're Bf like how you look, that's all that should matter IMO. You should only lose weight becasue you want to, not because your family wants you to.

I used to be a skinny thing, fast metabolism etc... Then I busted up my knee, became inactive, went on the Pill, and moved in with my boyfriend (ie;:comfort level increased, so did food consumption). I think that these thing combined have caused my 5'3" 120 lbs, to blossom into the chubby 160lbs I am today. But no one really comments on it except me (and my belly when I squish it up to make a mouth!) BTW I started a clean eating diet yesterday and am very commited to sticking with it.

chico2
February 20th, 2007, 05:23 PM
LynLyn,I like your rant,definetly print it out..maybe exclude the last line:laughing: and send it to everyone so very concerned with what is nobodys business but yours:thumbs up

CyberKitten
February 20th, 2007, 05:33 PM
It is no one business how much you weigh Lyn and tell them to mind their own p's and q's - as the saying goes. It is your body and if you are happy with it and there are no medical problems - who cares if you are over a few pounds? No one in this life is perfect so they have no business telling you how you should live or how much you should weight!!

It always irks me that for some reason, this also becomes more of an issue for women than me. Is it just me or do women worry more about this nonsense? Or are picked on and harassed abut it more - not sure harassed is the proper word but I think you know what I mean. If we weigh too much, we are not eating enough or might have anorexia and if we weight too much (according to whose standards I'd like to know), then we are overweight.

Anyway - don't let them get to you!! It is your life and you are living it. Not anyone else!!!! YOU!!!

LynLyn
February 21st, 2007, 01:33 AM
Wow everyone thank you for your words of support!! :) I was sooo upset that day and didn't know where to turn (i had called a friend and she told me to ignore it and that i was being a crybaby) and you guys said everything that could be said to make me feel better. :grouphug: :grouphug: to each and everyone of you!!! I know that I should ignore them, because I don't have a weight problem, they're just relentless and it got to me that night (chinese new year dinner, EVERYONE was there) You guys are the absolute best!! when it comes to pet advice and when it comes to making me feel good!

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!! YOU GUYS MADE MY DAY, WEEK, MONTH AND YEAR

x.l.r.8
February 21st, 2007, 01:36 AM
Funny, where I work the skinny girls are all still single and the normal people are in good relationships. Just an observation!
I'm lucky as I come from a long like of fattys so really don't care to much about size, any remark would be just making fun of myself (which I'm happy to do). My father is only 4 inches taller than he is round :o and I'm just making sure I don't get that way.
I would say when you remove the subject of weight, larger people are always happier, if a fat person puts on weight, no-one really notices, if a skinny one does everyone assumes she's pregnent (happend a few times at work ending in lots of tears, mostly me laughing :laughing: )
I myself could do with losing 10 lbs

off each limb :laughing:
but then I'll be easier to kidnap :laughing:
You never see a skinny baby and say how georgous they are, the chubbier the better, why does it have to change, I'd still be beautiful if we could play by the baby rules.
P.S. move the mirror, only throw up if the meal was that horrible that you are going to need room for a kentucky to take the taste away, and be happier knowing that everyone likes to have friends bigger then them, meaning like me, you will never be alone :p
Plus who ever asked a skinny person where a good place to eat is, or what airline has the best seats.

For what it's worth, I cycle a LOT and that just made my legs larger!, and I have more endurance than most, yet I still have to carry my insulated sixpack everywhere with me.