Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bentley is taking care of me!

MARTYnBENTLEY
February 16th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Wow this is one of the best feelings in the world. Although I'm sick as a dog the feeling of wamth and love I have right now is amazing. My pup is actually trying to take care of me. I'm suffering from a wicked case of the flu and every time i "get sick" or start coughing my lungs out my puppy comes to me and tries to make me feel better by whining a little and trying to cuddle up to with me. It's the cutest thing ever and really makes me feel good while I'm feeling so gross.
Have any of you experienced this?

Prin
February 16th, 2007, 04:51 PM
That's so sweet! When I'm sick, my dogs just don't ask me for anything. They don't ask for food or to go out to play. They're sweet that way. :lovestruck: :cloud9:

my[moo]
February 16th, 2007, 05:03 PM
That is so sweet! :) Mollie usually does this too when I'm sick..but I'm not sick often so usually she doesn't take any care of me :laughing:

mummummum
February 16th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Awww... what a nice feeling. My doggies are great that way too. We all pile on the bed and get cozy together. :grouphug:

jesse's mommy
February 16th, 2007, 05:59 PM
I love it when Jesse takes care of me. If I'm not feeling well, she actually lays on top of me and won't leave. :lovestruck:

angeldogs
February 17th, 2007, 01:45 AM
what a sweet thing to have happen.only happens with the kids here.

Mocha's mum
February 17th, 2007, 10:54 AM
If I actually do get sick, Mocha follows me wherever I go, and will lay right beside me and not sleep, but just watch. The first time he did that, I was a little creeped out, but I understand now that he was just watching out for mum. Besides, if I wasn't around, who would dish out the treats!! :laughing:

joeysmama
February 17th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Cooper runs to the door anytime ANYONE comes in. But a few months after we got him I got sick. I was on the couch all day and he never moved from the couch. Even when someone came in or out. His ears perked up and he looked very alert to whoever was coming in or out, but he stayed right near me the whole time.

He's still that way when I'm sick. Doesn't ask for play time or sit by the door until someone else is around. It's very sweet.