Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Worry about Bailey,again

chico2
February 16th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Today when I went to take her for her walk,the kitchen,where she's kept was a mess,she had gotten in to the garbage:evil:
Her bed had a whole bunch of small chicken-bones on it....I cleaned everything up,thought she was fine...but she only walked around the corner,peed and pooped then she wanted to go back home..and she loves the snow..
Once in the house,I gave her fresh water and sat down to give her her treats and she did not want any:yell:
For a dog that is a vaccumcleaner,that is just not right....I still remember last years 3 lb's choclate-feast:sad:when she was sooo sick:sad:
I checked her mouth to see if anything was stuck,she looks sooo sad(like only a Cocker can) and just wanted to keep her head in my hands..
I called the owner at work and told her what had happened...
The kids should be home soon and I'll call them to keep an eye on her....I am such a worry-wart,if she was mine she would have been at the vet already..
OMG,I've got this nervy anxious feeling in my tummy:frustrated:

Golden Girls
February 16th, 2007, 02:50 PM
uh ohh :fingerscr she's ok. Does she usually eat really fast? Would the owner not take her to the vet, chicken bones ? Maybe she needs something to make her vomit?

Prin
February 16th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Hopefully if she downed some bones, she didn't chew them and they didn't splinter...

Oh this poor doggy! She is soo lucky to have you, chico. She has somebody looking out for her, which it seems she doesn't have at home. :sad: :grouphug:

Good luck. :fingerscr :fingerscr :grouphug:

chico2
February 16th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Prin,the owner loves her,it's just she works long hours..I would say Bailey is neglected,but mostly because they are too busy,3 kids sportingevents etc...
If Bailey does not eat her treats,then something is wrong,she eats anything she can find!!
I called the house,the kids did not come home after school,I better go over and check on her,the owner won't be home before 6-7pm:sad:

chico2
February 16th, 2007, 03:38 PM
She seems ok,had a couple of treats( I don't buy expensive treatbags,but Solid Gold for inactive dogs),she was not gulping down like normally and she also seems overly affectionate,as if she's begging me to stay:sad:
Again,when I was petting her,she forced my hand down so she could put her head in my hand,:fingerscr that she's ok!!

CyberKitten
February 16th, 2007, 03:39 PM
I don't have any advice - just hope everything will be OK. I do agree with you - I'd be at the vets now too but I am a bit overprotective, ok more than a bit. It may be nothing tho and all will be well, I'll cross my fingers. :fingerscr

Frenchy
February 16th, 2007, 06:19 PM
:fingerscr for Bailey, keep us posted Chico2 :grouphug:

rainbow
February 16th, 2007, 09:57 PM
Poor Bailey....hopefully it's just a little tummy upset. :fingerscr Chico, I don't know what she'd do without you. :angel:

chico2
February 17th, 2007, 08:15 AM
Thank's Rainbow,she managed fine without me when her mom did not work,4 years maternity-leave:D
But now it's different and her mom is VERY greatful not having to worry too much about Bailey beeing alone,she knows I care about her..
I don't walk her Saturday/Sunday when they are home,hopefully she'll be back to normal Monday:fingerscr

angeldogs
February 17th, 2007, 08:23 AM
poor girl.i hope eveything is ok with her:fingerscr .she lucky to have such a caring soul to look out or her.

OntarioGreys
February 17th, 2007, 12:43 PM
I am glad you are taking good care of her, one word of warning do not try to make her vomit, especially if she ate bones sharp objects can be dangerous voming up forcefully, best thing to do is feed bread or even a cotton ball is best soaked in cream or milk it can help coat splintered bone ends to help them pass with out damage

http://www.oes.org/page2/10648~WHAT_TO_DO_IF_YOUR_DOG_EATS_GLASS_or_other_s mall_objects.html

chico2
February 17th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Og,thank's,but it is now up to the owner,at least for the weekend.
I called her at work friday and left all the little bones on the counter for her to see,so she knows to watch Bailey,I hope:fingerscr

Golden Girls
February 17th, 2007, 03:54 PM
That makes sense OG thanks for that advice. I was just thinking fast outloud :shrug:

Chico that was good putting those bones out for them to see. Hopefully they'll be more careful next time. I'm so glad you are there for Bailey :goodvibes: poor pup. Only you could still have kind words to say here :grouphug: