Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Would you tell your guy/girl romantic things you would want them to do?

raingirl
February 16th, 2007, 02:42 PM
If you wanted your significant other to do something romantic, would you outright tell them or not?

The post about the proposals made me think of it. I would love to be proposed to at a leafs game, but should i tell the man I love that?

Golden Girls
February 16th, 2007, 03:19 PM
oh yes definately :) Men need to be told what to do :o

Prin
February 16th, 2007, 03:36 PM
Oh, yeah, hinting and men don't mix. You have to spell it out reaaaally clearly for most guys. :rolleyes:

papillonmama
February 16th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Sometimes.

If it's too much mush, he gets scared.:o

joeysmama
February 16th, 2007, 04:36 PM
My marriage is much happier since I made the discovery that my hubby can't read minds !!

But he takes direction well so that works out much better ! :goodvibes:

breeze
February 16th, 2007, 04:36 PM
make a list check it twice and put posties all over the place with what you want from him.. spell it out so there is no confusion

Skryker
February 16th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Tell him right out, for sure! No matter how romantic a guy is, having something to work with is always good.

My guy always gets relieved when I tell him stuff like that outright-that way he doesn't have to guess (although he always does a good job! :cloud9: ). He feels like he can be more creative if he has a starting place. No anxiety then.

jesse's mommy
February 16th, 2007, 05:31 PM
Oh absolutely tell him straight out. Doesn't mean he listens, but I'm sure to speak my mind at every chance I get. :laughing:

Skryker
February 16th, 2007, 05:55 PM
I just asked my guy for confirmation, and he says "Oh, gawd, yes! Tell him!". He agreed that he's relieved when I give him a heads up. Hope the guy perspective helps!

Frenchy
February 16th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Do you mean like ; put your hand there and do this.....:laughing:

Frenchy
February 16th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Oups sorry, I just saw the "romantic thing" in your tittle :rolleyes: I tought we were talking about something else. :shrug:

technodoll
February 16th, 2007, 07:39 PM
frenchy's overdue for another sexy party again :D

yes men need direction and plenty of it. "romance" and "men" don't normally mesh so well, they need alot of help! LOL Of course the way you say things can make an impact on the results, too... gotta be nice about it. Mars, Venus, the whole shebang! :highfive:

jessi76
February 16th, 2007, 08:05 PM
I'm sure if I asked my guy his thoughts he'd say "yes, tell him", but honestly, I think it's letting the guy off easy. If you tell him how you want him to propose then he doesn't have to put any real thought or effort into it. if you want a proposal a certain way so bad, why don't YOU propose TO HIM?

rainbow
February 16th, 2007, 10:35 PM
frenchy's overdue for another sexy party again :D

And, a little chicka bow bow too. :D

Yes, men need to be told at least twice before it sinks in. ;)

LynLyn
February 16th, 2007, 11:20 PM
If you're a little shy about telling him EXACTLY how you want the proposal done, get a good friend to tell, him exact detail. (AND you still get to act surprised)