Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Rant at my own stupidity...

raingirl
February 15th, 2007, 09:44 PM
As some of you know, Odin has dry eye and cherry eye.

Well, in the last 24 hours I have somehow lost his eye medication. The worst part is, I just moved, I have no car right now, and I have no vet to go to in this area. It's only been 24 hours and his eyes are all goopy already.

SO..i'm a stupid dog mommy right now. I'm going to do another sweep of my new place to see if I can find the meds. Otherwise, it's ~$20 for a taxi, ~$60+ for a vet, and ~$75 for a new tube of meds!!

Byrd
February 15th, 2007, 09:51 PM
Crickey! Good luck. :fingerscr

Mocha's mum
February 15th, 2007, 10:04 PM
Don't beat yourself up over it. Things like that happen to the best of us. I thought I lost my dog yesterday (I sometimes forget about him and leave him in the hall in the condo. He always lets me know though :D ). He was under the bed :laughing:

I'm sure the meds will turn up. I always envision where I had the last, and stumble around the house with my eyes closed until I find what I'm looking for. It sounds funny, but it works.

Good luck!!! :thumbs up

rainbow
February 15th, 2007, 10:20 PM
You're too upset right now. You have to sit down and close your eyes and think of all the "silly" places you could have put it. :D Good luck. :fingerscr

Prin
February 16th, 2007, 12:55 AM
Aww, :grouphug:. Your vet won't give you the drops without a consult?

mummummum
February 16th, 2007, 07:24 AM
I know it's "goofy" but have you tried clearing your mind (shut the brain noise down) and visualizing (putting yourself back there) packing Odin's eye stuff. If you are like me it's not with my dawg stuff, it's with my "like" stuff or it's with the stuff where I kept it handy (ie. the dawg's fish oil is on the shelf over the kitchen with some of the spices).

marsupial mama
February 16th, 2007, 11:19 AM
don't be hard on yourself. moving is stressful enough...

i agree with mummummum. Think back to the last time you had it and mentally "retrace your steps". Hopefully this will jog your memory. This often works for me and I get the kids to do it too instead of yelling the dreaded "mom, where is ...?!"

I lose stuff all the time and it is very frustrating. I am also working on "decluttering" to have less STUFF to look through when something goes AWOL. :crazy:

Hope you find it soon. :goodvibes:

CyberKitten
February 16th, 2007, 11:56 AM
I agree- you were prob stressed to begin. Take a deep breath and retrace your steps. You might be able to find them that way???

And if worse comes to worse, is there no one who could drive you to the vets at least to save cab fare? No vet who would deliver or one who would understand and give you a tube gratis?

rainbow
February 16th, 2007, 11:19 PM
Did you find Odin's eye meds? :fingerscr