Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog Groomer Allegedly Cuts Off Ear, Super Glues It Back On

heidiho
February 15th, 2007, 05:50 PM
COUNTY, Wash. -- The unthinkable happened to a dog owner in Washington.

Anni Sheriffus was horrified to discover that a dog groomer cut off her dog's ear, then super glued it back on, reported 10News.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Video

Sheriffus found out about the incident when she was trying to wash off what she thought was dirt on her dog Jasmine's ear when the ear suddenly fell off.

The Shih Tzu had to undergo surgery for an infection that had developed.

Pierce County Sheriff's investigators are looking into possible criminal charges for the unlicensed dog groomer, reported 10News.

heidiho
February 15th, 2007, 05:52 PM
OK i would be doing some jail time,because i would kick that womans a** and probably cut her ear off to and nail it to her ......

Golden Girls
February 15th, 2007, 07:07 PM
O.M.G. and lol Heidiho

susieqt
February 15th, 2007, 07:33 PM
As a dog groomer, I cannot see how this could have happened without the owner noticing on the first day! Something seems fishy with this story. There has been cases where a child has put an elastic band around a dog's ear, which caused it to "fall" off, but there's something about this story that sounds weird, imo.

heidiho
February 15th, 2007, 07:35 PM
I am serious could u imagine getting your dog home and his ear falls off,i mean how much pain was he in when she did it and THEN she glues it back on,yep i would have to kick some but........:evil: :evil: :evil:

Hunter's_owner
February 15th, 2007, 07:54 PM
As a dog groomer, I cannot see how this could have happened without the owner noticing on the first day! Something seems fishy with this story. There has been cases where a child has put an elastic band around a dog's ear, which caused it to "fall" off, but there's something about this story that sounds weird, imo.

I agree. I really don't think it is possible. If it was cut clean off, wouldn't there be blood:confused: And I would figure the dog would be acting funny. I now for sure if that was one of my dog's I would be able to tell just be looking at them if there was something that serious wrong. I can tell by Hunter's eyes and the way he holds his ear when he is getting an infection, I can't imagine how he would look if it was cut off:shrug:

heidiho
February 15th, 2007, 08:05 PM
It was an un liscenced groomer and where did it say she didnt notice ti la day or so went by??

mafiaprincess
February 15th, 2007, 11:10 PM
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/11020845/detail.html

GIG HARBOR, Wash. -- Anni Sheriffius said she was trying to wash off what she thought was dirt on her dog Jasmine’s ear when the ear fell off. Then she realized her dog’s groomer cut off the dog’s ear and super-glued it back on.

A Washington dog owner says she’s been crying every since she discovered that a dog groomer cut off her dog’s ear then super-glued it back on.

“And I saw the ear float away, and it freaked me out,” described Sheriffius.

She says she couldn’t believe what she was seeing when she saw her dog, Jasmine’s, ear fall off during a bath.

Sheriffius rushed her dog to the veterinarian, who told her the dog’s ear had been cut off and super-glued back on.

Jasmine, a Shi Tzu, had to undergo treatment for an infection. Sheriffius said she still has the ear in a plastic bag and has been crying for weeks at the thought of someone hurting her dog.

Pierce County sheriff’s investigators are looking into possible criminal charges against the unlicensed dog groomer.

“Once they tried to hide it and glued the ear back on, that’s not good for the dog. There are all kinds of things that can happen, infection, it’s cruelty to animals,” said Det. Ed Troyer.

The shop where Jasmine was injured in Washington, J’Rae’s Pet Grooming, appears to have shut down according to KIRO-TV.

“I’d like her never, ever to touch another dog. That’s what I’d like to see,” said Sheriffius.

Boubou
February 15th, 2007, 11:12 PM
Those would have to be some pretty sharp scissors to hack off a whole ear like that!

Weird story, don't believe the groomer did it. Sounds like the elastic band story to me......:yuck:

heidiho
February 16th, 2007, 02:40 PM
When i read that the groomer is denying it or something then maybe i might doubt the story,but i have heard of crazier things,so i have no doubts it did happen.

4thedogs
February 16th, 2007, 03:20 PM
Can't see it myself.

dustybird
February 24th, 2007, 03:46 AM
It sounds a little odd but then....

The one vet clinic I worked at had a small grooming shop in it, basically it was for pets that were hard to groom, needing sedation(hence the vets being near by) etc...but available to everyone. Anyway one day the groomer came running in crying with a dog, she had accidently knicked the tip of the dogs ear with scissors(I don't know how), anyway she didn't deny it and that little nic bled like crazy, the vet eneded up haveing to put a few stitches in it to stop it from bleeding. So I would imagine cutting a part of the ear off would have bled even more. How could the owner not have noticed.

gypsy_girl
February 24th, 2007, 02:22 PM
I have seen this before, and superglue does get used alot in these situations. The size of the cut must have been HUGE in this instance. Sometimes when you trim around the ear close, and your thumb and index finger are not holding the ear edge correctly, or the dog moves, you get a nick. Suger glue or tissue glue is a common practice among some groomers, but they normally tell the client.

OntarioGreys
February 24th, 2007, 07:28 PM
I have had one dog that nipped a puppies ear once and yes it bleeds like hell,

and if a dog had just been groomed(hair cut) you would think it would be hard to miss something like that, epecially is it was a good portion of the ear, I know surgical glues can be used to seal skin but is not suppose to be applied to the flesh