Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Am I wrong to feel giddy?

Stacer
February 13th, 2007, 09:31 PM
So I really dislike my brother's girlfriend. Really, dislike is a mild word for how I feel about her. I was checking out her MySpace site yesterday (she's an internet harasser), and I noticed that she has taken all pictures of my bro off her site, as well, her profile says "single". There are other things written as well that point to a break up, including a comment from one of her friends dated Jan 25 referencing the breakup. So it appears they've been broken up since at least the end of january (we had a huge fight in Nov. and haven't spoken much since then, so he's not going to tell me about the breakup). But I feel so happy at the possibility that they are no longer together. I also feel a bit guilty for how giddy I am about it. Oh the stories I could tell ya'll about her. I could start a whole sub forum for all the crap she's pulled.

technodoll
February 13th, 2007, 09:34 PM
nah, it's perfectly normal! :highfive: :D now go pour yourself a celebratory drink and hopefully order will be restored in the universe, your bro will get back in touch and the witch will only be a lump under the carpet :evil:

Frenchy
February 13th, 2007, 09:35 PM
There's nothing wrong with that. I didn't like my bro's ex. He was with her for 15 years. He came all the way to my workplace to tell me he broken up with her,(that was 2 years ago) I told him it was about time :D

Stacer
February 13th, 2007, 09:36 PM
I did buy some ice wine this evening, perhaps I'll pop the cork and raise a toast to her!:laughing:

hazelrunpack
February 13th, 2007, 09:41 PM
Sounds like maybe two toasts would be appropriate :highfive:

Aimster
February 13th, 2007, 09:43 PM
If only I drank wine Stacy, I'd toast with you. Just don't get drunk and make a phone call that you might regret...or not!! LOL

:pray: That it's true!

rainbow
February 13th, 2007, 09:51 PM
Celebrate...Celebrate...Celebrate !!! :highfive: Isn't this the one that wanted to declaw the cat? :sad: Whatever happened?

Aimster
February 13th, 2007, 09:58 PM
Yes this is the girlfriend that wanted to declaw the new cat. I'm glad to tell you that she was never able to follow through and Murray is happy with her claws!

Frenchy
February 13th, 2007, 10:01 PM
So Stacer, now that your bro is single.....is he cute ? :p

Prin
February 13th, 2007, 10:02 PM
Woo! :D It's ok to feel giddy. I know if my man and I broke up his sister would be giddy. She'd probably throw a party.:D

Stacer
February 13th, 2007, 10:04 PM
yeah he's cute. He's 26, shaggy hair, 6 foot, burly. Any girls in Ontario interested? Or is it too soon to be advertising him?

Aimster
February 13th, 2007, 10:07 PM
Dare I ask if there is some friction between you and said sister?

Frenchy
February 13th, 2007, 10:09 PM
26 ? :sad: wayyy to young for me. No, let me re phrase that, I'm too old for him ! :D

Aimster
February 13th, 2007, 10:14 PM
Don't rule anything out Frenchy, you're experienced...not old. Perhaps you can teach him a few things LOL

Prin
February 13th, 2007, 10:39 PM
Dare I ask if there is some friction between you and said sister?

hehe :evil:

Let's just say, I'm on the other end of Stacer.:D I bet my man's sister has some stories to tell too. You know, how I foster long haired dogs when my man is allergic to dogs... :laughing:

Kristin7
February 13th, 2007, 10:39 PM
I think there should be a smilie for drunk posts...

Aimster
February 13th, 2007, 10:47 PM
But Prin I'm sure you don't talk badly about your man's parents right in front of his sister or bring your man's mother to tears on more than one occasion.

Prin
February 13th, 2007, 11:14 PM
Who's drunk Kristin?
But Prin I'm sure you don't talk badly about your man's parents right in front of his sister or bring your man's mother to tears on more than one occasion.

Oh.. No.. Never done that.:eek:

Aimster
February 13th, 2007, 11:19 PM
I didn't think you were that mean Prin :D Unfortunately that's how mean our brother's girlfriend is...or was should say :evil:

Prin
February 13th, 2007, 11:23 PM
Of you're sisters? :eek: I had no idea! That's so awesome! :highfive:

I can't imagine if my man had two! *gasp*

They hate me because we use each other as an alibi a lot, so they think I'm a total control freak. "My girlfriend needs the phone, so I have to go"- that sort of thing (when I don't need the phone, he just wants to get off it.:D).

Aimster
February 13th, 2007, 11:43 PM

Yuppers, we're sisters, she got me hooked on this place. We have been dreaming of the day that he breaks up with her. Sisters gotta look out for their only brother, can't have some crazy woman dating him.

Prin
February 13th, 2007, 11:49 PM
lol I fear that's how my man's sister feels... :rolleyes: Then again, she seems much more demanding than you two... I mean, she's telling us how to finish our bathroom to make it easier when we bathe HER kids, if she ever has any.... She thinks she's the controller of my man. :rolleyes:

Aimster
February 13th, 2007, 11:56 PM
I'm sure if she'd been given the chance she would try to control as much as possible. We've never tried to control or sway him by telling him our honest opinion of her, it's up to him what he wants to do with her. Hopefully your guys sister doesn't say things to him when they're alone together about your relationship, that can make the relationship with her even worse.

Prin
February 13th, 2007, 11:58 PM
Oh, yeah. Every time he's alone with his mom or his sister, they grill him. It's really irritating. Sometimes, when I'm online and he's logged into MSN and his mom or sister starts chatting, I pretend I'm him and it's a real hoot. ;) :rolleyes: (he's there watching, of course :) )

Aimster
February 14th, 2007, 12:02 AM
Ha ha that would be a lot of fun, perhaps one day when he's not around have a little more fun with it! I would give anything to be a fly on the wall when she's been talking her mother about us and everything that has went on.

Prin
February 14th, 2007, 12:07 AM
I'm an open book, so if it was me, you'd probably know how I felt.:D

I just can't imagine the judgement though. I mean, everybody has opinions of everybody's relationship, but you can't take a few hours here and there and turn it into an accurate picture of a relationship, you know? Well, unless they're really nasty like your girly was. But for me, they just take snippits and never actually ask me anything and then finally they ambush me and put me down. It's really sad because I end up not going to a lot of the family things because of it.

My family is a line. Like if I have a problem with a bro's girlfriend, I tell the bro and he can do whatever he wants to it, but I don't go straight to the girlfriend, like they do to me.

Aimster
February 14th, 2007, 12:19 AM
I wish she had been like you, open and honest, instead of hiding the fact that she hates our family. We ended up not caring whether she came to family things. It's too bad for you though because from what I gather you and your man are together for good, I assume, so there might have to be something said. Especially if somewhere down the line kids become involved, it would be nice for them to go to those big family events and meet their relatives. If my brother had married her and had children I'm sure we would have never seen them.

That's why we're so giddy about this potential break-up, he'll be able to find a girlfriend that gets along with the family and wants to be around us.

Hopefully your man's sister and mother back off someday. :shrug:

Aimster
February 14th, 2007, 12:22 AM
:o We've completely stole this thread, perhaps I'll stop now and allow someone else to get their :2cents: in, I could go for hours about this! :p

Prin
February 14th, 2007, 12:26 AM
lol me too! :D

I know for sure that as long as my man's family hates me, there is no way they'll ever be alone with my kids, even for a minute or two. I don't trust people who hate me.:o

But I see it from your point of view. It definitely is better for everybody, except the girlfriend, that there is harmony in the family. It makes things so much easier. :)

Stacer
February 14th, 2007, 08:20 AM
I'm sometimes sorry that I have to work so early in the morning. I could have stayed up and contributed. Sounds like you two hashed it right out.
Amie speaks the truth when it comes to the ex gf. An evil harpy witch. Out of all the things she's done, making my mom cry is the thing that makes me the most angry. And telling me that my parents ruined my wedding (so not true, it was the bestest and happiest day of my life!)

For what it's worth Prin, although I don't know you in person, you seem very nice, funny and compassionate.

It is funny to hear the other side of it though (you being the much maligned girlfriend, as opposed to us being the sisters that hate the girlfriend).

papillonmama
February 14th, 2007, 09:21 AM
yeah he's cute. He's 26, shaggy hair, 6 foot, burly. Any girls in Ontario interested? Or is it too soon to be advertising him?

Hey, I'm 26, and I likes burly men, oh but wait, maybe the hubby would be a problem.:sad: lol, just kidding.

I felt that way many times, like, oh yay, I don't have to talk to them again. Almost relief. I don't think it's wrong, just contain your laughter at family functions, or hide the smirk if your brother tells you about it.

I don't like my sisters husband, but for her sake I keep my mouth zipped. I can loath him to myself. Luckily for them they live across the country, something he strategically planned:rolleyes: this way if she ever wants to leave him it would be so far and he would have plenty of time to say his sorries.

Anyhoo. I also understand being the hated. I have been the hated and will likely continue being the hated for some time, at least until they find someone worse than me:rolleyes: . Oh well, I've been disliked by many for most of my life so I just let things slide, know what i mean?

Frenchy
February 14th, 2007, 11:15 AM
I think there should be a smilie for drunk posts...

:offtopic: But there is ; http://bestsmileys.com/drinking/16.gifhttp://bestsmileys.com/drinking/19.gif http://bestsmileys.com/drinking/4.gif

Frenchy
February 14th, 2007, 11:17 AM

So Stacer and Aimster are sisters ! cool ! But it will be difficult for them to rant about family :D

Stacer
February 14th, 2007, 11:38 AM
But it will be difficult for them to rant about family

Nope we're pretty much on the same wavelength when it comes to family, there isn't anything I can say that she probably won't disagree with, *I think*. I'll just have to go elsewhere if I need to gripe about her;)

Frenchy
February 14th, 2007, 11:40 AM
I'll just have to go elsewhere if I need to gripe about her;)

That's what I meant :p But if you're like me and my sister, I rarely have to vant about her. :love: My sis is awsome.

Prin
February 14th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Hmm.. I only have bros really, so I don't know what that's like... My bro comes here to lurk sometimes, especially the raw forum, but he only posted once... I wonder what it's like to know somebody first and then meet them here. :D But nobody I know likes animals enough.:rolleyes: :D :offtopic: :sorry:

Kristin7
February 14th, 2007, 12:43 PM
:offtopic: :laughing: :laughing: good one, Frenchy! I love your penguin video in the 'it's cold' thread, too :laughing: I brought that up for a couple reasons, one is that I was and two, the conversation had a lot of refs to drinks in them...

About the OP, I don't think you are wrong to feel that way. She sounds rude and your bro is likely better off w/o her. My bro and his current wife are quite annoying. It wouldn't bother me if they split up. My bro really seems to hate his own family, anyway, but is very passive aggressive about it. My last bf, his family was just crazy and mean. I have to admit, they played a part in my decision to get out. I have seen my parents deal w/ ea other's families and sometimes it got ugly and unpleasant for all. Sometimes it's just not worth it! It didn't help that my bf was blindly loyal to his family, always sided with them over me, including their obnoxious and somewhat aggressive family dog who doesn't like women.

Frenchy
February 14th, 2007, 01:23 PM
My bro comes here to lurk sometimes,

The one that looks like Johnny Depp ? :lovestruck: