Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Anyone watching Westminster?

phoenix
February 13th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Hi, did anyone watch the Westminster dog show yesterday? Tonight is best in show.

Last night, the akita won working, poodles won in toy and in non sporting, and Bill Cosby's Dandie Dinmont won terrier.

Tonight is sporting, hounds, herding and the finals.

It was neat to see all the breeds last night.

Hunter's_owner
February 13th, 2007, 01:44 PM
I watch it when TSN airs it, as I don't get Animal Planet.

I did see a picture of Bill Cosby's Dandie Dinmont on the news this morning though.

Lukka'sma
February 13th, 2007, 01:44 PM
I wanted to watch it last night, but was working. I really would like to watch tonight but don't see it listed in the TV guide anywhere. What channel did you see it on?

Lukka'sma
February 13th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Oh so it's on Animal Planet. No wonder I dont get it. I too will have to wait until it airs on TSN

phoenix
February 13th, 2007, 01:55 PM
lol, i just watched the video of the boxer judging from yesterday morning. The winning boxer jumped up into the arms of his handler at the end, it was pretty funny.

You can see a lot of the judging online.

http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org/2007/video/breed/index.html

phoenix
February 13th, 2007, 01:56 PM
I don't get animal planet either... I wonder what channel it was on... *goes to check*

Lukka'sma
February 13th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Tapping fingers waiting to see what channel to tune into.

phoenix
February 13th, 2007, 02:00 PM
it was on Discovery... and it's on right now (2 pm) again.

Lukka'sma
February 13th, 2007, 02:04 PM
The only Discovery channel I get is showing some people trying to build a city or something stupid like that at the moment. Guess I am back to waiting for TSN

phoenix
February 13th, 2007, 02:07 PM
It's Discovery HD. Ya, it is not the same as the regular discovery. Sorry! You could watch on line Lukka's ma!

Hunter's_owner
February 13th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Yeah my Discovery Channel don't show it either. It may show it later though Lukka'sMa. I will also try to find out when it plays on TSN, and will post it.

I think Animal Planet is a partner of Discovery or something.:shrug:

Lukka'sma
February 13th, 2007, 02:14 PM
I will also try to find out when it plays on TSN, and will post it. :

That would be great as I always end up missing it.
phoenix I will watch some online too, thanks for the effort to locate a channel for us.

Prin
February 13th, 2007, 02:55 PM
The videos online are cool! Thanks Phoenix.:) (I just hate how every clip starts with that terribly sad pedigree commercial though :sad: )

erykah1310
February 13th, 2007, 03:00 PM
That Akita was amazing!! ( TD has me hooked on the breed :o and Guy too, I always make him look at the pics of all your dogs (everyones)lol)
I cant wait for the herding ... they're my favs to see...

mafiaprincess
February 13th, 2007, 03:14 PM
Apparently it's on OLN tonight at 8 for those of us Canadians without animal planet.

Hunter's_owner
February 14th, 2007, 07:58 AM
That Akita was amazing!! ( TD has me hooked on the breed :o

I know TD has me hooked on them as well. An akita from NL took BIS at the Halifax Kennel Club shows this weekend past. This same dog is after winning sooo many awards, he is just beautiful:cloud9:

phoenix
February 14th, 2007, 08:45 AM
:cloud9: James, an English Springer Spaniel won best in show! He was beautiful

mona_b
February 14th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Yayyyyy Cos(Ch Nanuke's Snoklassic No Boundries)....:thumbs up

He won BOB for the Alaskan Malamute.

This is our very own Kenzie's(shannon1233)Uncle.He won it last year also.

:highfive: :highfive:

Hunter's_owner
February 14th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Check out this slideshow.

http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2007/02/14/sports/20070214_DOGS_SLIDESHOW_8.html

Look at the beagle that won best of breed:cloud9: I am in LOVE:lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
February 14th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Check out this slideshow.

http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2007/02/14/sports/20070214_DOGS_SLIDESHOW_8.html

Look at the beagle that won best of breed:cloud9: I am in LOVE:lovestruck:

Thanks for posting that, HO! We only get CBS and NBC and my connection isn't fast enough for video...but i managed to get all the slides downloaded just fine! :thumbs up

I hope jiorji sees the Old English Sheepdog... :lovestruck: Love her socks! (the sheepdog's, not jiorji's :D )

i_have_too_many
February 14th, 2007, 12:45 PM
I had to keep checking the Westminster web site since we are in the country and dont have cable, and have not bothered to get hooked up to satalite. I will have to wait till it airs on "normal" tv. So I get to see it then sometime this summer :laughing: I was keeping a close eye on the results since a really good friend of mine was down there with her dog (didnt win though :sad: ) He is the father of the puppies we just had. I never saw who won BIS though so thanks to Phoenix for letting us know. Springers are very beautiful dogs, we would have gotten one but with kids I havent the time to groom.

One of my goals is to eventually breed a dog who is worthy of attending that show :goodvibes:

:offtopic:

Happy Valentines to everyone :lovestruck:

Spirit
February 14th, 2007, 01:08 PM
I'll have to check it out. Last year when I watched it I fell in love with the Golden Retriever, who turned out to be Andy, my managers dog's (my dog's cousin) half brother! Surely one of the most beautiful goldens I've ever seen. He's a Chuckanut dog. :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

When it is on next?

Prin
February 14th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Yayyyyy Cos(Ch Nanuke's Snoklassic No Boundries)....:thumbs up

He won BOB for the Alaskan Malamute.

This is our very own Kenzie's(shannon1233)Uncle.He won it last year also.

:highfive: :highfive:

Really? That's so cool! Congrats to him! :)

chico2
February 14th, 2007, 01:50 PM
I watched it,both days,6 hours worth:dog: ...beautiful dogs,I missed some because I watched American Idol in commercials.