Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Chico loving snow

chico2
February 13th, 2007, 12:52 PM
We have a snowstorm,first of the year,Chico had fun playing with the snowflakes.
Rocky after meowing for an hour wanting me to take them out,stayed outside for 1 1/2 min:frustrated:
Vinnie did a little better,but Chico had fun,here are a few pics...

chico2
February 13th, 2007, 12:53 PM
a couple more...

chico2
February 13th, 2007, 12:53 PM
and Vinnie...that's it,we are back inside:cat:

Lukka'sma
February 13th, 2007, 01:53 PM
A cat that likes to play in the snow. Now Chico is my kind of cat.

chico2
February 13th, 2007, 02:09 PM
Well,he likes to catch the snowflakes,also likes to catch raindrops when it's raining,like here:p he's a little strange,just like his mom:laughing:

Prin
February 13th, 2007, 02:35 PM
So adorable, chico! :) They look so soft in the snow.:lovestruck:

erykah1310
February 13th, 2007, 03:07 PM
He looks so amazed by snow... :cloud9: Great pics!

Golden Girls
February 13th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Great pictures ... 1-1/2 minutes :laughing:

heidiho
February 13th, 2007, 05:00 PM
That is very cute,i am in love with Vinnie..

RolandsMom
February 13th, 2007, 05:39 PM
they are gorgeous kitties! glad to see Roly wasnt the only one insisting on playing in the snow. I love the pic of Chico and the raindrops. beautiful!

Frenchy
February 13th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Great pictures ... 1-1/2 minutes :laughing:

golden syndrome ! :laughing: They're too cute Chico2 !

breeze
February 13th, 2007, 09:12 PM
I never knew cats liked snow, when i had my cats they hated it they would not go out to play

Copper'sMom
February 14th, 2007, 12:36 AM
Great action shots Chico!:highfive:

TeriM
February 14th, 2007, 02:12 AM
He looks so intent :lovestruck: . Great pics :cloud9: .

trippincherri
February 14th, 2007, 03:41 AM
Awww he looks absolutley marvelled with it!
If only humans could appreciate the small things,like snowfall, as much as our four legged friends do.
Oh wait....they CAN appreciate it because they don't have to shovel it, or drive in it,or slip and fall in it,or bundle up in layers upon layers to stay warm in it....ahh I wish I was a cat. :rolleyes:

chico2
February 14th, 2007, 07:36 AM
Thank's girls:) Not even Chico can get out today..I believe I have almost 1 meter of snow out there:yell: unbelievable!!!and still snowing!!
Hubby away,I think I am in trouble!:laughing:

Golden Girls
February 14th, 2007, 08:55 AM
golden syndrome ! :laughing: They're too cute Chico2 !Really? Mine I have to drag home. 1 1/2 + hrs morning and night, and a quickie in between and still they want more :lovestruck: The snow between the toes they don't like and will sit and lift the paw for me to clean :laughing: Their a riot!!!

1M wow poor Chico ... are you going to try the snowblower < -- be careful!

I can picture all 3 kitties watching the snow fall out the window :cloud9:

brandynva
February 14th, 2007, 09:08 AM
Great pictures Chico!

chico2
February 14th, 2007, 09:53 AM
I did it!!! Got the snowblower going...all done for now,still snowing!
I have a looong double drive-way,pain in the butt!
Anyway,I am taking the cats out later,got to warm up first:D

Golden Girls
February 14th, 2007, 10:10 AM
Don't forget to take alot of pictures :lovestruck:

Frenchy
February 14th, 2007, 11:11 AM
Really? Mine I have to drag home.

:offtopic: Mine get cold or don't like the snow on their paws. If they have their boots it's ok. But what I meant was they ask for the door (Sam mostly) and will turn around and get back in and think they'll get a treat everytime they do ! :laughing:

Frenchy
February 14th, 2007, 11:12 AM
I did it!!! Got the snowblower going...all done for now,still snowing!

Good going Chico2 :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
February 14th, 2007, 11:54 AM
Yay! Must be a fast connection day! There are beautiful cats floating through the thread, playing with snow! Chico looks like the great explorer, investigating new and unheard of phenomena! Vinnie came out to check cuz he didn't believe Chico...then they both went back to fill Rocky in on all the exciting discoveries. :D

Good work with the snowblower, chico2! Ours is attached to the tractor...which I will admit I wouldn't be able to start if my life depended on it! :o Hubby did let me ride on it once, but not unattended :D That's his baby...women aren't allowed, I guess...or at least not clutzy women! :laughing:

Wow, I still can't believe I was able to download the pics! :thumbs up

chico2
February 14th, 2007, 01:10 PM
:D Oh no! we don't think sooo:cat:

chico2
February 14th, 2007, 01:12 PM
Well maybe just a sniff:D
Vinnie ventured out for a bit,but that's it too much snow,even though I made them a walk-way:laughing:

chico2
February 14th, 2007, 01:13 PM
That's it I am going in....

chico2
February 14th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Hazel,the snowblower his hubbys baby too,but he's not here and I had to use it...hopefully no more,until he comes back:fingerscr
Now the sun is shining:thumbs up

wdawson
February 14th, 2007, 04:00 PM
great pics chico......what where you watering with the water can....oh i bet you where makin the cats a skating rink:D

TeriM
February 14th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Smart kitties. Stay in the nice cozy house while the human works her butt off :D .

chico2
February 14th, 2007, 05:18 PM
WDawson,I knew someone would comment on that watering-can:laughing:
I use it for the birdbath,the Starlings will bath in there and all the water goes out,don't know how they can bath without becoming frozen birds:eek:
Before you ask,there is a heater in the birdbath,keeps it from freezing:thumbs up
Now,a skatingrink for the cats,,hmmmm

wdawson
February 14th, 2007, 05:43 PM
ha..you heat the bath...birdie hot tub....i feed the birds here but dont offer a hot tub:D

wdawson
February 14th, 2007, 05:45 PM
guess chico's is an all inclusive:D

chico2
February 15th, 2007, 08:20 AM
WDawson,that's what happens when you have too much time on your hands:laughing:
But seriously,heated bird-baths are not that uncommon in the bird-lovers world and to me,anything to make the freezing winter(this morning -22C) a little easier for my birdies,I will do:thumbs up

Goldyy
February 15th, 2007, 09:36 AM
Love your kitty pics!!! Just thought id share my kittys first time in the snow (i think) he was a stray i found him back in august i would see him out side now and then and then one day my man found him layin on the road and brought him home to me, he was in very bad shape so emaciated he could hardly walk and in doing so he had very bad sores on his hind legs, not knowing much about cats i did some research and nursed him back to health now he is a very special part of our family and my border colllie just loves him.:cloud9:

chico2
February 15th, 2007, 09:44 AM
Goldyy,awww thank's for saving this beautiful cat,must have been his lucky day:thumbs up
He looks a little apprehensive,maybe he still has memories from those awful days when he had nobody..:sad:
I LOVED your other pics too,the two of them together,with almost the same colouring,realy,really cute..

Goldyy
February 15th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Thank you so much chico :love: it was a lucky day for both of us he is a great cat(who thinks hes a dog) hes even learned to shake paws haha. he truely loves to go outside but is very scared and doesnt like me to be out of his site.Ive not had a cat since i was a small girl and they truely are wonderful loveing pets.