Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

How did your man propose?

Prin
February 12th, 2007, 10:45 PM
Brandy gave me the idea...;)

How did your man propose? Or if you're single or unproposed to yet, what's your dream proposal? And if you're a guy, how did you propose? And if you're a girl who proposed, how did you do it? lol Get the idea? :D

brandynva
February 12th, 2007, 10:56 PM
I'm glad I could inspire someone! :thumbs up hehe

Here's my story expanded. I met my honey when I was 15, we started dating when I was 16. He was 22. :eek: I know I know. My mom actually ENCOURAGED the relationship ya'll. Anyway, we had a huge ice storm the week of Valentine's. We got over 6 inches of pure ice, power was out for at least a week etc... So honey finally got up in the boonies where I lived and took me back to his place. I was in 11th grade, not yet 17. Anyway, we had talked a lot about marriage and stuff and knew we had met our soulmate. :cloud9: So I get to his house and he had bought me this doll and on it was a silver necklace. On the necklace was the keys to his house which were silver too. So I oooed and aaaaahed over this doll totally perplexed as to why I was getting the keys and the doll, but hey, I rolled with it right? Anyway, he said, look closer. That's when I saw he had put the ring on the key ring. My ring is white gold/diamond so it blended in perfectly with all that silver. :o Long story short I said yes. Needless to say my mom was totally shocked and against it. lol I told her she should not have encouraged the relationship to start with if she didnt like it.

In the end we wound up eloping too, but that's a story for another day. Somebody else's turn! (For the record, I did graduate HS and waited till I was 18 to get married)

Stacer
February 12th, 2007, 11:03 PM
We were visiting his sister and BIL in Dublin. On our last day there we were walking through St. Stephen's Green (Dublin's "Central Park"), we had found a small area where they do Shakespeare in the park, kinda tucked away from everything, he pretended to search for the camera in his bag and came out with the ring, got down on one knee and asked the question. I started to cry, then I noticed a drunk guy passed out on a big rock on the other side of a bush across from us, we took an arm-length photo to commemorate the moment then went to dinner with his sis and BIL. It was a great way to end the best vacation of my life.

brandynva
February 12th, 2007, 11:05 PM
That's sweet Stacer! Did the picture include the passed out drunk man?

Prin
February 12th, 2007, 11:07 PM
That's sweet Brandy and Stacer.:)

I always said that there would be no way my man could propose to me and catch me off guard and make me cry, but Brandy, you made me think of the one way.:D It's not about where, it's when- if my man proposed in the middle of a huge snowstorm, that might get me.:D (If we ever have a huge snowstorm and he is actually prepared lol)

brandynva
February 12th, 2007, 11:10 PM
That's sweet Brandy and Stacer.:)

I always said that there would be no way my man could propose to me and catch me off guard and make me cry, but Brandy, you made me think of the one way.:D It's not about where, it's when- if my man proposed in the middle of a huge snowstorm, that might get me.:D (If we ever have a huge snowstorm and he is actually prepared lol)

I think I forgot to mention that the power had been out for quite a few days, so I hadn't had a shower and had dirty hair and was probably quite rank. lol We lived in a house with a well, so no water. At his house he had water, so afterwards he washed my hair for me with ice cold water. But hey, it was clean afterwards!! :D

Prin
February 12th, 2007, 11:11 PM
power was out for at least a week etc
I think I forgot to mention that the power had been out for quite a few daysSo was the power out? :D

hazelrunpack
February 12th, 2007, 11:15 PM
:eek: OMG! They're supposed to propose!?! :confused:

As I recall, it was something romantic like: Hey, I bought the marriage license. Should I make the appointment with the Justice of the Peace for Thursday? :p We actually had to put it off a day or two since we were both new in town and had to rustle up some witnesses from amongst hubby's coworkers...

he he he...Now, Prin...I'll bet that story brought tears to your eyes! he he he :laughing:

Stacer
February 12th, 2007, 11:16 PM
Nope we neglected to include the prostrate fellow. Here's the photo.

Prin
February 12th, 2007, 11:17 PM
lol definitely... You better get a "renewal of the vows" proposal...:frustrated: :)

Stacer
February 12th, 2007, 11:18 PM
No power could be very romantic, maybe a naked run out in the storm?

Prin
February 12th, 2007, 11:18 PM
Nope we neglected to include the prostrate fellow. Here's the photo.

Are those some good Irish-style palm trees in the background? :)

wdawson
February 12th, 2007, 11:21 PM
well i met my wife at a nascar tailgate party...she got pregnant....her dad showed up with a shotgun and the rest is history.....lol....

seriously....we met at work,both of us where going through rough marrages...had an affair....got out of our married lives...that was 1 year for me almost 2 for her....ran off to a wedding chapel one morning,mexico in the evening where we got married again....to her surprise her brother was there....18 years ago.

Prin
February 12th, 2007, 11:25 PM
Cool that it worked. :)

Stacer
February 12th, 2007, 11:25 PM
Are those some good Irish-style palm trees in the background? :)

Yup they sure are. I thought it was so strange that they had palm trees there. I guess it's so temperate, they can grow. Those sweet ocean currents.

erykah1310
February 13th, 2007, 12:30 AM
:grouphug: Aww Hazel:grouphug:

Bearsmom
February 13th, 2007, 12:46 AM
We were lying in bed one night after cleaning up Bear's unfortunate pigs ears episode (Bear's mortified, we STILL don't mention it around him), and hubby said, "well, after that, I think we should get hitched". I said, "sure, why not"

And who said romance is dead??? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

LynLyn
February 13th, 2007, 01:08 AM
Roger is going back to Vancouver for a week for Chinese New Years, he leaves on Valentines day (unless the snowstorm proves otherwise) and I've told him that he'd better come back with a ring. I'll let him worry about the romance, I want the rock!!

Yup I'm an old fashioned romantic all right!:rolleyes:

Prin
February 13th, 2007, 01:31 AM
LOL Somehow I expected this thread to be more romantic. :D :laughing:

brandynva
February 13th, 2007, 06:55 AM
Hmm... I seem to remember a thread a while back about a lot of the women here being non traditional in the girly girl kind of way... :shrug:

meb999
February 13th, 2007, 07:09 AM
ooooooo, I love these stories!!

Nic is not very romantic...ever. So his romantic proposal came as quite a shock!

We go to Old Orchard Beach every summer, I love it there (I used to go with my family when I was a kid) so he takes me to make me happy. So this summer we're in Old Orchard, and we went out for supper. After supper we decided to go sit on the beach (this is nothing unusual, I try to get as much beach time as I can while I'm there). But it was a very strange evening. There were NO WAVES whatsoever, something I had never seen. AND it was a full moon. So here we are walking along and I mention to Nic what an incredibly romantic evening it is, and as I look up at the stars I see a shooting star. AMAZING, right? So I'm staring up at the sky telling Nic 'OMG, did YOU SEE THAT??' and I look down and he's on one knee in the sand.

VERY romantic.

Golden Girls
February 13th, 2007, 07:33 AM
:cloud9: aww Meb how perfect was that :cloud9:

phoenix
February 13th, 2007, 08:33 AM
It was when we were living in Ottawa, the day before the Christmas holidays, and I was heading back to my parents the next day to spend Christmas apart :sad:
We went out to our favorite restaurant, and we were all dressed up; I think it was the coldest night of the year! Anyway, he suggested driving by the lights at Parliament Hill on our way home, which I LOVE. So, when he went to park the car, I was complaining (about my shoes mostly- I didn't want to walk in the cold in shoes and a skirt!) but he convinced me to go. When we got to the eternal fire at the Hill, he got down on one knee and proposed. He did say a speech but I don't remember it! I was so concerned that it was so freakin cold and he was there on his knee in the snow! It was very romantic however. I was expecting it, but not right then and there.

:lovestruck:

breeze
February 13th, 2007, 08:42 AM
My hubby and I were bored one night, got into the car and started driving to ottawa, why something to do we wanted coffee so why not there, as we were driving I saw a shooting star I made a wish, I wanted to marry him but I would not ask, about 1/2 hour later before we got to the coffe shop he ask me to marry him (in the car while he was driving he is not that romantic) too funny. of course i said yes, but could not hug him or anything just had to sit there in the car until we stopped the car. when i came home and told my parents my mum was not that happy, but i sure was. that was 25 years ago

http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/liebe/d078.gif

jessi76
February 13th, 2007, 09:02 AM
I had plans w/ some friends to spend the afternoon at an outdoor festival one saturday, when my bf tells me he made dinner reservations for us, and we HAD to leave at 7pm. I was annoyed. I had planned on spending the afternoon w/ some girlfriends, and he knew that ahead of time! I cut my afternoon short, came home, and asked what type of place it was so I would know what to wear.

My man said "no jeans, it's dressy". now I'm just pissed off. Not only did I have to cut my afternoon short, but now I had to get dressed up. GRRRRRRR.

I manage to calm down enough to get dressed up nice, and we go to the restaurant. a fancy gourmet place that we go on special occassions. My guy said it was to celebrate our 6yrs together. We drank a bottle of wine, had a fabulous dinner, and before dessert, I made a little toast.... "To us honey. 6 yrs. are we going to beat the record?" (little inside joke - our group of friends seem to be gf/bf for YEARS before getting married, and the record to break was like 8 yrs)

my bf replied... "I hope not." and he held out THE ring, told me how much he loves me, and asked me to be his wife.

The waitress found out, told the chef, and he wrote "congratulations" in chocolate sauce across our cheesecake plate!

hazelrunpack
February 13th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Wow...beaches, eternal flames, palm trees...chocolate sauce! I'm beginning to feel a little gypped here... he he he :p

Maybe I'll have to talk to the man and make plans for the 25th...that'll give us 5 years to plan. :o We oughtta be able to come up with something romantic in 5 years' time, oughtn't we? :thumbs up :o :eek: nah...knowing us, probably not...

Rottielover
February 13th, 2007, 11:04 AM
never want to get married, so do not have an ideal proposal, but some of those ideas are nice. Not for me though

breeze
February 13th, 2007, 11:15 AM
the only thing about romantic is that if it is not spontainious then it's not romantic, he or she must sweep you of your feet (not literaly) :laughing:

hazelrunpack
February 13th, 2007, 11:19 AM
the only thing about romantic is that if it is not spontainious then it's not romantic, he or she must sweep you of your feet (not literaly) :laughing:

LOL The dogs sweep me off my feet unexpectedly all the time! See? I do live a romantic life! :crazy:

Thanks, breeze...I feel much better now. :cloud9: he he he

breeze
February 13th, 2007, 11:24 AM
then you got it made in the sun and shade :laughing: as long as you don't get hurt when you fall
sometimes being romantic is a good thing but not all the time for me that is :D

RolandsMom
February 13th, 2007, 11:49 AM
once again you guys crack me up. glad to hear my bf is not the only unromantic soul in the world. I would be very surprised at a romantic proposal. come to think of it, i would be very surprised at any proposal for that matter. hehe. but a girl can dream no?

meb999
February 13th, 2007, 01:04 PM

Nic hadn't even planned it, all the stars just lined up right that night....:cloud9:

LynLyn
February 13th, 2007, 01:59 PM
ok here's some romance too

It's was a proposal I saw somewhere, and i want my proposal to be along the same line.

A guy took his girlfriend to take santa pictures at the mall, when they were both sitting on Santa's lap and santa asked him what he wanted for christmas, he pulled out the ring and said he wanted his gf to give him her hand in marriage, she was soooo shocked, AND they got a picture of her surprise so that they can a picture of that moment for the rest of their lives. That's sweet, I'd love to have a picture of that for the rest of my life.:cloud9:

jesse's mommy
February 13th, 2007, 04:56 PM
Alright, I have the all-time romantic proposal. I was sitting on the floor working on my laptop that was sitting on the coffee table in front of the television when he comes over and says "here" and hands me the ring and starts to walk off. I say, "Are you going to at least put it on my finger?" He says, I guess and puts it on. I look at him and say "it's about time" and we both chuckled and went on with our night.

(How horrible is that? :laughing: I made the comment to him the next day he could have at least took me to the zoo and proposed in front of the monkeys and his reaction? "Hey, that would have been a good idea." :frustrated: )

RolandsMom
February 13th, 2007, 05:42 PM
LOL! you took that well!! i dont know that i would have been so easy about it. :p

Byrd
February 13th, 2007, 06:50 PM
We were on the beach in Dahab, South Sinai, we had just gotten off an eight hour bus trip, we were waiting for our hotel room and I asked for a piece of gum because I hadn't brushed my teeth yet and felt gross, he said he had the last piece in his mouth and asked if I wanted it, I said "gross, no", so then our drinks came and after I had a sip he asked me for a big kiss and there was something weird. I pulled back really fast because I didn't know what it was, I thought he was trying to give me the gum. He was sitting there with a big grin on his face and a ring sticking out between his lips. :cloud9:

Then we were brought our breakfast (the waiter was a friend of his) and our food was heart shaped, it was cute.

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/3396/imgp3891pn6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Oh, and he had a full pack of gum left too, he had that ring in there for a while.

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/9168/imgp3885yb5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

See how unromantic and gross we looked. :yuck: But, we just haaaad to get a pic right after the moment. :rolleyes:

OntarioGreys
February 13th, 2007, 07:20 PM
I always said that there would be no way my man could propose to me and catch me off guard and make me cry, but Brandy, you made me think of the one way. It's not about where, it's when- if my man proposed in the middle of a huge snowstorm, that might get me. (If we ever have a huge snowstorm and he is actually prepared lol)

So does that mean we might be hearing an announcement tomorrow? :p

Spirit
February 13th, 2007, 07:35 PM
... Some of your men are just pitiful. They're lucky you love them! LOL!

My worst proposal came from one of my best friends. He was drunk and I can't even remember how it happened. I said something, or did something, and he went off about how stupid my ex was to not realize what he had and blah blah blah (he realized what he had after I broke it off, but by then it was too late as he NEVER put me first). Anyway, the next thing I knew he was kissing me (he wasn't THAT drunk, and we had dated in the past, so it wasn't a big deal), and he just pulled back and said "Marry me". When I was about to laugh, he said "No, really. Marry me. I love you." My reply? "I love you to. NO!"

We laughed it off and he occasionally still asks me from time to time. I still say no. He still laughs...

Boys are silly. :p

Byrd
February 13th, 2007, 07:53 PM
LOL My first proposal came in grade 6. This guy kept proposing and I kept saying "gross, no" and it got really, really annoying. My friends started calling him my husband. The teacher gave out these special award certificates at the end of the year and mine said that I was awarded "for turning down Craig's marriage proposals". It was the worst year of my life. We didn't speak again until I was done high school (I graduated after grade 12, most of my friends stayed for OAC) and I was visiting my friends in their art class and he was there, we got to talking and discovered how much we really did have in common, too late though, he moved to Moose Jaw shortly after. All my old friends thought it would be hilarious if we really had gotten together and gotten married.... guess we'll never know.

AliSam
February 13th, 2007, 08:10 PM
Mine is pretty pathetic. We had been looking for a place to live for a bit. A friend of mine had given me a flyer she found in a newspaper for a new subdivision going up in Courtice. We spent a Sunday looking at a couple of apartments that were gross and knew there was no way we were going to live in them. We drove East to look at the places in the flyer and ended up buying one. When we went back to our separate houses that night, he called me up and said "I suppose we should get married now." and I said "ya I guess." and here we are.

raingirl
February 13th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Well, being that I'm not married, I have a couple dream proposals.

First would be at a Leafs game... posted up on the boards. You when they post a message that everyone can see? That would be sooo cool.

Second would be with M&M's. You know how you can order custom M&M's with messages of your own? I love M&M's. I collect M&M figurines. I would love it if my man gave me a bag of M&M's that said "will you" and "marry me".... (you can only have like 2 word per M&M)

I would also like to be proposed to in front of family and/or friends instead of in private. Dunno why, just think it would be better.

Prin
February 13th, 2007, 08:28 PM
So does that mean we might be hearing an announcement tomorrow? :p

lol no way! :D :laughing:

Byrd
February 13th, 2007, 08:38 PM
Second would be with M&M's. You know how you can order custom M&M's with messages of your own? I love M&M's. I collect M&M figurines. I would love it if my man gave me aI w bag of M&M's that said "will you" and "marry me".... (you can only have like 2 word per M&M)

I didn't know you could do that. How cool would that be!!!! :cloud9:

raingirl
February 13th, 2007, 08:55 PM
http://www.mymms.com/customprint/index.asp?src=111534&sc_cid=DR_CNO_M3CI0600DIX11000

Byrd
February 13th, 2007, 09:21 PM
That's cool, 'cept the price. :eek:

raingirl
February 13th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Yeah, but if someone is proposing, the price of M&M's is probably a lot lower than a ring.

I forgot the MOST important part. My man must give me a Claddagh Ring. In Irish tradition (my father is Irish) the man gives a claddagh to his chosen girl as an engagement ring and she wears it on her right hand ring finger with the crown facing in, indicating she is engaged. When you get married, you switch the ring to the left hand ring finger with the crown out, indicating you are married. This is the claddagh (http://www.claddagh-house.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=205&category_id=18&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26)I like right now:

http://www.claddagh-house.com/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/8e90f48cad3048fd8903c9bcb78f1496.jpg

Byrd
February 13th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Well, yeah, but you have to have the ring. :p How about "it costs the same as a fancy dinner"?

breeze
February 13th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Well, yeah, but you have to have the ring. :p How about "it costs the same as a fancy dinner"?

why do you need a ring??

raingirl
February 13th, 2007, 09:27 PM
see my modified post above...for me the type of ring is important.

Byrd
February 13th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Yeah, they do similar things in a lot of European countries, and Egypt too. In fact, I have my wedding band on my right hand and my engagement ring on my left, we are following both traditions, he has his wedding band on his right hand. They will be switched to left when we get married.

technodoll
February 13th, 2007, 10:31 PM
a warm summer evening, in my mom's garden under a tree, just after a lovely dinner (with my mom & my stepdad). he was nervous but it was very touching, my mom cried but i just smiled cuz i had picked the ring and everything months before, LOL! and it was still too big, had to get it resized... still almost slides off my finger sometimes :o so yeah, it was cool. not romantic, just lovely :shrug:

Prin
February 13th, 2007, 11:04 PM
Umm... Old hubby? :o

My man best be gettin' the size right because my finger is the same size as his pinky. :D

hazelrunpack
February 13th, 2007, 11:05 PM
sheesh...now you had to bring rings into it, too! I told my man if he ever got me a diamond, I'd divorce him (we spend our money on dogs instead :D ). I picked out the cheapest wedding band I could find and wore it faithfully until Priscilla the Springer Spaniel broke my ring finger and they had to cut the ring off at the clinic. It's still in my jewelry box, unconnected and bent all to heck... he he he :o the ring, I mean, not the finger :eek:

What can I say? I don't think hubby and I have one romantic bone between us! :p I've heard the length of the marriage is inversely proportional to the amount of money spent on the wedding...which means we should be married for at least another century-and-a-half! :laughing:

Prin
February 14th, 2007, 12:27 AM
lol Hazel, you're funny. :D I want a nice ring. But even if I don't have a man, I still want a nice ring.:o

hazelrunpack
February 14th, 2007, 12:29 AM
Actually, I'd settle for some of byrd's heart-shaped food! Yum! (insert drooly smiley here...:D )

TeriM
February 14th, 2007, 12:30 AM
My hubby and I were together about 4 years when we bought our first home together and then for some reason it was important to me to get married. I kept dropping hints about rings I really liked. Christmas morning that year I got the ring (was only semi-surprised) and of course I was squeeling like a girl and then he said .... so will you? I said of course :) . Then we went to his folks for Christmas morning.

Prin
February 14th, 2007, 12:33 AM
That's cute! :) At least you got the ring you liked. Some guys can't take a hint.:D

I thought about it and I think I would say no if my man proposed in front of friends and family. Noooo wayyyyy.:sick:

TeriM
February 14th, 2007, 12:37 AM
I kinda think that should be a private moment between two people. It's like people who get pissed if you forget their anniversary ... why would I remember someone else's anniversary :frustrated: (ok, maybe my parent's but that is it!). Hubby and I laugh because we keep a napkin around with the date of our anniversary because we both can never remember :o . We also remind each other so noone gets pissed if the other forgets :D .

Prin
February 14th, 2007, 12:39 AM
lol when I met my man, we thought it was a temporary thing, so we went by weeks- "Hey it's wednesday! We've been together for a week!" But now neither of us really knows when our anniversary is.. Some Wednesday in May.:D

But yeah, the wedding is the public thing, IMO, not the proposal.:shrug:

hazelrunpack
February 14th, 2007, 12:40 AM
Hubby and I laugh because we keep a napkin around with the date of our anniversary because we both can never remember :o .

Us, too, us, too! I know it's the 10th but can never remember the month (it's either April or May...or maybe March?) He remembers the month. Between the two of us, we usually remember it sometime within a week of the actual date :laughing:

TeriM
February 14th, 2007, 12:54 AM
tee hee .... I just erased my post because I said our anniversay was July 27th but it is really June 27th... or 26th .... or 28th.......

where is that darn napkin :yell: .

Prin
February 14th, 2007, 12:55 AM
lol :laughing:

hazelrunpack
February 14th, 2007, 12:57 AM
:laughing: I hear you, gurl! :grouphug:

Hunter's_owner
February 14th, 2007, 07:47 AM
I forgot the MOST important part. My man must give me a Claddagh Ring. In Irish tradition (my father is Irish) the man gives a claddagh to his chosen girl as an engagement ring and she wears it on her right hand ring finger with the crown facing in, indicating she is engaged. When you get married, you switch the ring to the left hand ring finger with the crown out, indicating you are married.

The ring is nice, I love claddagh rings as well

I wear a claddagh ring now and so does my man. I wear mine on the ring finger of my left hand and he wears his on his pinky finger of his left hand. We also both wear it with the crown pointing out. It is the shaped claddagh so the crown part actually digs in if it is worn the other way:o

Stacer
February 14th, 2007, 09:36 AM
I didn't want to know when, with what ring or how he was going to do it. Shortly after we moved in together we discussed what it meant and if we both thought that the next step was marriage. We both felt that we wanted to spend forever together and then I told him that I wasn't big into jewellry, so I said than any ring he might get me would have to be very modest, nothing gaudy or baubly. And that was the last time we truly spoke about marriage in that way. So I waited... and we were constantly nagged by family. I figured he would do it when he was ready, so I never asked when it was going to happen. And I definitely didn't expect it when we were on vacation since it was such and expensive trip. I did tell him that if he did it in public I would say NO. I hate seeing public engagements.

RolandsMom
February 14th, 2007, 10:33 AM
i have a ring that was my grans. My grandad had a diamond mine with some other people in South Africa and long story short, he used the diamonds he got from there to make a ring for my gran. I always wore it when i went to visit her when she passed away :rip: year before last it was just generally known as my ring. I would love to use those diamonds for an engagement ring. I think the ring as it is now is WAY too big. Im not a big diamond fan but its kind of sentimental...

cpietra16
February 14th, 2007, 05:23 PM
My husband got me chinese food. He stuffed the question in a fortune cookie. Problem was, I wasn't in the mood for the cookie and he got upset. I did eventually open it and read the fortune. After I said yes Samson, my kitty (RIP) came along with a ring attached to her collar...that also took me a while to see it because I didn't want to have him on my lap....it wasn't very smmoth, but it was romantic:D

Byrd
February 14th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Actually, I'd settle for some of byrd's heart-shaped food! Yum! (insert drooly smiley here...:D )

Yeah, those Egyptians really know how to whip up a Spanish Omlet! Yummy.

My ring is not expensive, nor are they real stones, I didn't care what I got (always said that I wouldn't wear anything worth more than the finger it's on), I just wanted something different (which I got) and white gold (which I also got). :p

cpietra: That is a really cute proposal.

Rolands mom: That is a really nice ring... nice symbol seeing your grandfather made it and your grandmother wore it. :lovestruck:

meb999
February 14th, 2007, 07:42 PM
ROLANDS MOM -- that is a beautifull ring!! I was never a fan of diamonds, until Nic gave me my diamond engagement ring...wow, I LOVE diamonds now!

Mocha's mum
February 14th, 2007, 08:20 PM
What's a proposal?? :laughing:

I got the "well, I guess we should get married before I go to Afghanistan" :laughing: Kris isn't big on romantics, and I'm cool with that, neither am I. We're planning on going somewhere warm and getting married there (like Jamaica mon!).

Here's a pic of us at St Barb's day in December...This is as romantic as it gets!!!

RolandsMom
February 14th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Thank you. yes it is very special and very beautiful. Im a little ambivilent about changing the setting cause of the sentimental value, but well, until i need a ring (which may be a few years yet) its staying as it is!
It seems the unromantics far outweigh the romantics....i think we have some work to do ladies....

raingirl
February 14th, 2007, 09:18 PM
I am a romantic and so is my man....it can suck to be a romantic sometimes. You have all kinds of expectations, and you get sad when they aren't met.

joeysmama
February 14th, 2007, 10:08 PM
Tom's not a really romantic type--at least he's not really creative about it. But I kind of like that because he had a friend who was really into showy displays and wanted everyone to know it. Like having songs played for his wife over the radio but having it done during work hours because all the women in his office would think it was great.

If Tom does something for me it's for ME ! Not for show.

When we were dating we had kind of talked about getting married, and then we were watching the World Series one night and he just said something like "I would ask you to marry me if I knew you would say yes but I don't know what you'll say but if I was sure you would say yes I would ask you." It was even more convoluted than that I think. I said something like "You'll have to ask if you want to know." And we danced around like that for awhile until we had pretty much established that we both wanted to get married.

Yeah not a movie of the week ! LOL ! A couple weeks later we went out to look at rings. And he did do the really old fashioned and romantic tradition of asking my dad's permission. It was so sweet and it took him 3 tries to get up the nerve to do it.

I'll always be grateful for that too because my father so appreciated that show of respect.

That was a bazillion years ago and I can't believe how young we were. We thought we were pretty old but now when I look at our wedding pics I say "WHAT WERE WE THINKING ???":laughing:

No regrets !:goodvibes: