Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

will you celebrate st-valentine's?

technodoll
February 12th, 2007, 09:07 PM
checking out the forum's love meter! LOL :love: :lovestruck: :cloud9: :goodvibes:

Prin
February 12th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Apparently this year, we'll be sitting with some hot C watching it snow. :D

I have never done anything for Valentine's. :shrug: :o

Byrd
February 12th, 2007, 09:11 PM
My fiance's 9000 km away. :sad: So, my answer is not there. Does celebrating over the internet count?

I always got jipped on V-day because my B-day is so close to it. It always became a double celebration.

AliSam
February 12th, 2007, 09:13 PM
Most likely not. It is supposed to snow like crazy so probably won't be home until really late and then will probably just crash when I get there.

susieqt
February 12th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Hmmm, working all day, and then going to my son's hockey game from 6:30 to
8:00, getting home by 9:00, probably won't be too much Valentine celebrating!:sad:

technodoll
February 12th, 2007, 09:27 PM
all this talk of snow... folks you got me worried :eek: my dogsitter INSISTS that hubby and I go out for the evening, he's kidnapping our dogs and is adamant we spend some quality time together. good lord, in the middle of a workweek in a snowstorm... i just wanna be home and order pizza! i mean... it's valentine's every day when you have love in your life, right? :o

Prin
February 12th, 2007, 09:28 PM
Well, it's certainly not Valentine's day on Valentine's day most of the time... Everything goes wrong, everything is so expensive, etc etc...:D

Byrd
February 12th, 2007, 09:29 PM
There is a storm coming up from the US. But, they are only calling for 20cm. :shrug:

brandynva
February 12th, 2007, 09:30 PM
I always get hubby something. This year I got him a singing rose and a funny card. We dont' normally "celebrate" in the truest sense of the word. Although he did propose to me on Valentine's Day in the middle of a snowstorm many years ago. It's hit or miss whether I'll get something now though. My kids ALWAYS give me something homemade though and that is very special indeed. :cloud9:

Stacer
February 12th, 2007, 10:08 PM
We usually go out for dinner. Nothing fancy. I don't like to support the whole commercial aspect of it, but I do like to eat, and if it happens to be st. valentine's, then so be it.

papillonmama
February 12th, 2007, 10:14 PM
We don't go all out, but we celebrate. I make a special dinner and dessert, and we just spend a little time together that's not sleeping. We are really busy, so taking some time for us to spend with each other is pretty big. Of course, the kids will be spending this time with us too, lol.:o

LynLyn
February 12th, 2007, 10:18 PM
on valentine's day, i drive roger to the airport (going home 4 chinese new year
), pick up my sister (planned her arrival 4 his check in time, do i kick butt or what?) and then head to chinatown 2 celebrate my dad's birthday. does that count?

technodoll
February 12th, 2007, 10:19 PM
lynlyn... if i were you, i'd call the airlines to double-check arrival and departure times... supposed to be a nasty snowstorm on wednesday (of course) :frustrated:

erykah1310
February 12th, 2007, 10:21 PM
*grumble grumble* I hate Valentines day... TO me its a cop out... If my man has to wait for freaken Hallmark ( or st.valentine) to show he loves me, there'll be hell to pay

I have always dislike valentines day.

hazelrunpack
February 12th, 2007, 10:23 PM
LOL If he even remembered Valentine's Day, I'd likely die of the shock...but :laughing: check out the "how did your man propose" thread and you'll understand! not a romantic bone in there anywhere! :D he he he

brandynva
February 12th, 2007, 10:38 PM
LOL If he even remembered Valentine's Day, I'd likely die of the shock...but :laughing: check out the "how did your man propose" thread and you'll understand! not a romantic bone in there anywhere! :D he he he

Hazel, I think that proposal 14 years ago was the LAST romantic thing he did. lol Well, not really, but almost. He is sooo not a romantic. It's taken me many years to accept this fact and move on with my life. :crazy:

hazelrunpack
February 12th, 2007, 10:47 PM
Hard to be romantic here anyway...he he he...always a dog gettin' in the way...

wdawson
February 12th, 2007, 10:50 PM
hmmm....snow on wednesday.....valentines on wednesday = snow day , yippy.....and on an even more positive note, the troops will be coming from afganistan to toronto to shovel snow:D

erykah1310
February 12th, 2007, 11:10 PM
Hard to be romantic here anyway...he he he...always a dog gettin' in the way...

LMAO!!!! I hear ya there!!!:laughing:

Catzig
February 12th, 2007, 11:18 PM
Last year, DH was in Edmonton ... this year he leaves Feb 15 for Calgary. Suppose he's trying to escape? LOL Hmmm, missed by this much!

I am soooooo NOT going to say every day is Valentine's Day - because it isn't. But he does do nice things once in a while on the ordinary days - and I appreciate that so much more.

Hunter's_owner
February 13th, 2007, 06:26 AM
We always plan a Valentine's Day after the actual day:o This week he is coming in today and going out early tomorrow morning when I leave for work. So we won't be together. But he is coming in on Friday so we will have our Valentine's night then. :shrug:

breeze
February 13th, 2007, 08:10 AM
we are just spending time together with warmth, food, and t.v. what more can you ask for (as long as you and yours are together) :lovestruck:

Rick C
February 13th, 2007, 09:40 AM
Carol and I will celebrate Valentines Day . . . . . but I should mention that Feb. 14 is also the annual day of Hindu violence in India to protest Valentines Day.

Hard-line Hindu groups in India warn against Valentine's Day
Associated Press

LUCKNOW, INDIA Hard-line Hindu groups who say they are fighting western influences threatened Tuesday to beat up young couples in India who exchange Valentine's Day cards or gifts. Valentine's Day, which falls on Wednesday, has become increasingly popular in predominantly Hindu India over the last decade. Shops in most big cities are draped in pink and red ribbons, and heart-shaped balloons, chocolates and flowers sell briskly.

So . . . . savour your Valentines Day freedom!!

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Frenchy
February 13th, 2007, 11:42 AM
I will be busy trying my valentine's gift :rolleyes: a new vaccum/carpet cleaner if I can find one tonight :crazy: happy valentine to ME ME ME ! :p (oh and I have TONS of chocolate at home)

Kristin7
February 13th, 2007, 11:52 AM
I love it, Frenchy! That is my new V-day philosophy. It's all about me. I've never really cared much for the day (forced love, I guess). I prefer random acts. However, I do appreciate good food so have on occasion taken advantage of the holiday dinner specials... This year, no man to share dinner with, so it has occurred to me recently that I should just treat myself. No plans really, this is more of a lifestyle thing. But maybe i'll do some shopping tomorrow... :D

breeze
February 13th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Dreaming
Shopping
All about me
and chocolate
sounds very intreging don't you think, maybe you ARE on to something

LynLyn
February 13th, 2007, 01:37 PM
lynlyn... if i were you, i'd call the airlines to double-check arrival and departure times... supposed to be a nasty snowstorm on wednesday (of course) :frustrated:

:offtopic: I've called Air Canada, and they've changed Roger's flight to vancouver for today 3 hours from now, and it wont be a problem, and westjet charged me 80 dollars to bump my sister's flight up to midnight tonight arriving in montreal at 7am (possible cancellation). when are we expecting this storm? after 7am tomorrow morning possibly?:yell: :frustrated: :mad:

rainbow
February 13th, 2007, 05:17 PM
We used to when we were younger but I voted no because I hate the way it's become so commercialized. Everything goes up in price for it even the cards are $3 to $4 dollars more. :sad: :mad: So, this year we decided to not buy cards and buy each other one of those "miilionare lottery" tickets that are only available this month instead. And, I'll buy my chocklit on Thursday. :D

OntarioGreys
February 13th, 2007, 06:38 PM
I will be celebrating but not the way most expect.

Nikki turns 9 tomorrow, and 3 years ago Feb 14th Maya arrived

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/mleg2001/other%20images/6fa045d17b7399c86cf9259e70b52638.jpghttp://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/mleg2001/other%20images/8119f681956d08d9acf4d62b9e57a320a.jpg:lovestruck:

breeze
February 13th, 2007, 07:31 PM
There is no wrong way to celebrate, what make you happy on valentines day is the perfect way http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/liebe/212.gifhttp://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/liebe/love02.gif

Frenchy
February 13th, 2007, 07:35 PM
I will be busy trying my valentine's gift :rolleyes: a new vaccum/carpet cleaner if I can find one tonight :crazy: happy valentine to ME ME ME ! :p (oh and I have TONS of chocolate at home)

no carpet cleaner machines at Costco :yell: but they had wine ! ;)

technodoll
February 13th, 2007, 09:38 PM
hah! with the impeding snowstorm and incredible rush at work these days, we're just staying at home with the doggies and a nice bottle of red, totally oblivious to the world, LOL! :D :lovestruck:

Frenchy
February 13th, 2007, 09:57 PM
Me too !! Minus the BF :cool:

Prin
February 14th, 2007, 12:18 AM
Well, so much for my Valentine's plans. :rolleyes:
Apparently this year, we'll be sitting with some hot C watching it snowMy man decided to make me hot C tonight... :cloud9: But twice in a row? Highly unlikely.:D

TeriM
February 14th, 2007, 12:20 AM
no carpet cleaner machines at Costco :yell: but they had wine ! ;)

Your costco carries wine :eek: .

TeriM
February 14th, 2007, 12:22 AM
If weather is decent then we are gonna go for a quick ski (cross-country) on the local mountain and probably just have a HC on the hill. I'm not a big fan of valentines. Much rather get a nice gesture totally out of the blue.

Prin
February 14th, 2007, 12:42 AM
Your costco carries wine :eek: .

Yep. And beer! :D

TeriM
February 14th, 2007, 12:55 AM
OMG, I am jealous. I thought only the US Costcos had alcohol.

Prin
February 14th, 2007, 12:58 AM
lol even grocery stores have wine and beer here.:D

angeldogs
February 14th, 2007, 02:51 AM
i have to work tonight.but i get the wife something every year and the kids something also.

Golden Girls
February 14th, 2007, 08:02 AM
Me too !! Minus the BF :cool:Me three minus the BF and minus the wine - Beat that! :D

Frenchy
February 14th, 2007, 10:00 AM
Me three minus the BF and minus the wine - Beat that! :D

But you have to get wine ! To go with the chocolate ! :thumbs up