Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

woohooo! new vacuum!

technodoll
February 12th, 2007, 10:05 PM
we've been wanting a new vacuum for over a year now, our little canister one just couldn't keep up with two dogs and two shedding humans + carpeting :frustrated: So picked up a Bissell CleanView Revolution Plus Upright Bagless Vacuum at Costco and wow! hubby had just vacuumed the house when i brought it home, we plugged it in and just did the carpet... and the bissell picked up half a canister of dog hair and dirt! :eek: we were shocked! oh and i :cloud9: the onboard light so you can see in those dark corners, no need to wait for daylight to vacuum :highfive: oh and it was so cheap too! we were saving up for a Dyson but it's just way too expensive, plus it has iffy consumer reviews. meh. we're happy now and just just had to share!

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B0009SU03K.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Prin
February 12th, 2007, 10:07 PM
:highfive: Feel free to test it out over here any time! :D

Byrd
February 12th, 2007, 10:15 PM
Here too!

If you don't mind, how much was it? I am looking for a new vacuum, but was thinking canister because my upright is just so darned heavy and hard to push around, plus those attachments are a pain in the butt for doing the cob webs. I also like bag in because then you don't see the dirt, but I may suffer through those things for something that is guarenteed to pick up the dog hair! :p

technodoll
February 12th, 2007, 10:22 PM
prin you funny! hubby does the vacuuming not me! he he he :D

byrd, it was $114 :thumbs up if you have carpets and pethair, and upright is the best tool for the job... recommended by all akita owners i spoke to (not this model but the vacuum type). the motor is close to the rotor brush... with a canister, the motor is far from the nozzel, behind a length of tube and behind a bag, which blocks suction when it starts to fill up... we were spending a fortune on bags and waaay to much time going over and over the same patch of carpet :yell: but it's all fixed now! :highfive:

Byrd
February 12th, 2007, 10:24 PM
Hey, that's a great price! :thumbs up

How are the attachments with that one?

I will definitely have to check it out. My present vacuum sucks.... err.... doesn't suck.

wdawson
February 12th, 2007, 10:25 PM
never buy a canister vacuum........you lose too much suction.......upright with a power head is the best.......i have a commercial vacuum...a windsor...10 years old now and never replaced anything but the bags.

Byrd
February 12th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Ok, I will listen to the fellow dog owners. :p

I've only ever had central vac, when I started apartment living I needed to get a vacuum and a friend had an extra one that she gave me, she bought a new one because this one couldn't handle her Shep/Husky hair, well, now it can't handle Aussie hair either. It is an upright, a Kenmore I think, but it's very akward and heavy. It just doesn't have the guts. It takes me about two hours to vacuum my 700 sq feet. I don't have the money for professional grade, I will definitely have to keep my eye on the TD vac. :highfive:

technodoll
February 12th, 2007, 10:36 PM
How are the attachments with that one?

so far so good! nifty little turbo-brush for cleaning pethair from sofas, curtains, etc... everything you need is on-board, easy to access and snap on... all filters need to be cleaned often though (so i've read) but for that price i'll put up with some measure of inconvenience! and it's not heavy, supposedly 17 lbs but feels lighter. never again a canister vacuum for us :o

some reviews here: http://www.amazon.com/Bissell-35951-CleanView-Revolution-Upright/dp/B0009SU03K and here http://www.epinions.com/Bissell_6591_Power_Trak_Revolution_Vacuum/display_~reviews

Byrd
February 12th, 2007, 10:44 PM
Awesome!

I'm glad you posted this thread! :highfive: