Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Go! Natural Grain Free Dog Food

gypsy_girl
February 12th, 2007, 01:34 PM
Just received an e-mail from GO! Natural of the new grain free food. Looks nummy!
Will try a bag and let everyone know!

Go Natural Grain Free Canine

Chicken Meal, Chicken, Turkey, Turkey Meal, Potato, Chicken Fat, ( preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Herring Meal, Peas, Tomato Pomace, Natural Flavor, Salmon, Duck, Salmon Meal, Salmon Oil, Dried Whole Egg, Flax Seed Oil, Brewers Yeast, Pea Fiber, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, Taurine, Choline Chloride, Chicory Root Extract, MOS, Pumpkin, Apples, Carrots, Bananas, Blueberries, Cranberries, Lentils, Alfalfa Sprouts, Digestive Enzymes (Protease & Lipase),Garlic, Probiotics, Vitamins, Chelated Minerals, Yucca

Crude Protein min 42%
Crude Fat min 20%
Crude Fiber max 2.5%
Moisture max 10%
Calcium min 1.8%
Phosphorus min 1.2%
Omega 6 Fatty Acids min 3%
Omega 3 Fatty Acids min .5%

meb999
February 12th, 2007, 02:24 PM
looks pretty good! :thumbs up I wonder what the 'natural flavor' is though :confused:

gypsy_girl
February 12th, 2007, 02:53 PM
I received a reply regarding Natural Flavor

Thank-you for your enquiry regarding our NEW Grain Free. The "natural flavor" is chicken liver. If you have further questions, please ask.

Prin
February 12th, 2007, 03:16 PM
Looks great! (I wish I could bring poultry into this house...:sad:)

rainbow
February 12th, 2007, 04:35 PM
You beat me to it......I got an email from Michele at Petcurean this morning too. :D It looks like a great food. :thumbs up

meb999
February 12th, 2007, 06:59 PM
alot of dog foods are jumping on the grain-free-high-protein train!!!

technodoll
February 12th, 2007, 07:00 PM
s'about time petfood companies woke up! :highfive:

stergeR
February 24th, 2007, 12:36 PM
saw vitamin K in the ingredient list.
wonder is it vitamin K3 that they are refering?

Spirit
February 24th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Go is a great food. And not just because the dog on the package is Hunter (one of my breeder's dogs - her partner reps for Go). *cough*shamless plug*cough* LOL

No really, it's been one of the highest rated foods for quite a while now. They sell big sample bags for $2.99, but they're only available for limited times. Go doesn't give out free samples, mainly because of it's reputation (from what I understand).

It's a little higher in kcal/cup than other foods, but if the chicken doesn't agree with your dog (mine gained a bit of weight, but he's lower energy so it was to be expected), then try the salmon (which is also less kcal/cup).

Fantastic food. :thumbs up :thumbs up

gypsy_girl
February 24th, 2007, 01:04 PM
saw vitamin K in the ingredient list.
wonder is it vitamin K3 that they are refering?

They are using natural vitamin K!

JanM
February 24th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Bobby has food issues and he and Amber have been on GO Natural (Chicken) for about a year and a half and both are doing wonderfully well with it. Their coats are awesome and there's no reaction from Bobby at all!

rainbow
February 24th, 2007, 06:11 PM
That's good to hear. :thumbs up

rainbow
February 24th, 2007, 06:16 PM
They are using natural vitamin K!

I agree. When the issue regarding menadione sodium bisulfite complex (Vitamin K3) came to my attention I emailed several Canadian companies about it. I finally convinced Michele at Petcurean to look into it and they eventually removed it. Peter at Champion Pet Foods was another.

Mocha's mum
February 24th, 2007, 06:40 PM
I'm trying his royal highness on the Salmon and Oatmeal formula...for his ear issues.....

INGREDIENTS

Salmon Meal, Salmon, Oatmeal, Whole Oats, Canola Oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols (vit. E), Oat fiber, Inulin (FOS), Mannanoligosaccharides (MOS), Yucca Schidigera, Vitamin A Acetate, Cholecalciferol (vit. D3), dl Alpha Tocopherol Acetate (vit. E), Ferrous Sulfate, *Zinc Proteinate, Zinc Oxide, Ascorbic Acid (vit. C), Niacin, Calcium Pantothenate, Copper Sulfate, *Copper Proteinate, Manganous Oxide, *Manganese Proteinate, Riboflavin, Calcium Iodate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (vit. B6), Folic Acid, Biotin, Sodium Selenite, Cobalt Carbonate, Vitamin K, Vitamin B12.

*these items are chelated minerals

We will see how it goes. It's kind of pricey, but if it saves the grief of ear infections, I'm in!! :thumbs up

Prin
February 24th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Just make sure you check the expiry dates on the food... My dog food store got a whole shipment of expired Go! food. :confused:

rainbow
February 24th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Just make sure you check the expiry dates on the food... My dog food store got a whole shipment of expired Go! food. :confused:

I hope they got extra compensation from Petcurean.....they give pretty good customer service. :thumbs up

rainbow
February 24th, 2007, 10:42 PM
I'm trying his royal highness on the Salmon and Oatmeal formula...for his ear issues.....

We will see how it goes. It's kind of pricey, but if it saves the grief of ear infections, I'm in!! :thumbs up

Let us know how he makes out. :fingerscr

Prin
February 24th, 2007, 10:45 PM
I hope they got extra compensation from Petcurean.....they give pretty good customer service. :thumbs up

Yeah, they took it all back. But in case retailers don't notice, just check.:)

rainbow
February 24th, 2007, 10:48 PM
Yeah, they took it all back. But in case retailers don't notice, just check.:)

They should have got freebies. ;)

Prin
February 24th, 2007, 11:28 PM
lol probably. I think they stopped carrying it though. Nobody was buying it anyway. :o