Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

In Need of Help

Cathy1
February 11th, 2007, 05:27 PM
Duke has to lose weight. He eats Nutro and get about 2-3 hrs. of exercise a day plus he plays with Jasper off and on. The vet gave me Calorie Control food (can't remember name) but he won't touch it so I took it back. She wants me to cut him down from 2 cups in the morning and 2 in the evening to 1 cup twice a day but he is driving us nuts wanting more food and making me feel guilty for not giving him more. The only treats he ever got was apples and baby carrots but the vet said no treats. Is there something that I can add to his food so he doesn't feel hungry all the time and won't put on the pounds ? I can't get him to eat before 10 am and by 3 pm he wants more food. Is ther better food I can give him that will fill him up better ? I'm not worried about cost. I feel so bad that he is hungry. He has had his thyroid checked and the vet said it's fine.

angeldogs
February 11th, 2007, 06:18 PM
we were using nutro high energy.and switch to innova which is starting to work good.and we feed our other one canadie all life stages which say's can be use for weight controll.also he is use to getting more food.and now getting less food.it should pass.when jag was under weight on nutro he was t 8 cups a day.and when he got to his weight we cut him back to 6 cups and was always looking for more.and after awhile he stop.good luck