Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pictures From Cuba...

PetFriendly
February 11th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Here is a link to some of the pictures I took in Cuba. The resort was fabulous, and given we booked for less than $1000 each, out of Ottawa and only 2 weeks before leaving, I'd say we more than got our moneys worth.

Thumbnails you ahve to click on:
http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k194/shnoune/Sol%20Cayo%20Coco%202007/

Slide show:
http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k194/shnoune/Sol%20Cayo%20Coco%202007/?action=view&slideshow=true

chico2
February 11th, 2007, 04:46 PM
We love Cuba,have been there several times,probably the safest place to go nowadays,we usually go to Holguin.
We,ve been to Mexico,Dominican Replublic,Bahamas,Jamaica,Colombia,but prefer Cuba to all of them.
Beautiful pics,I have lots too,but mostly of the stray cat and dog population:laughing:

rainbow
February 11th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Beautiful pics. :thumbs up Hubby and I have alsways wanted to visit Cuba. :cloud9:

PetFriendly
February 11th, 2007, 06:31 PM
I've only been twice, but Cuba is like Spanish Canada. The people there are oh so friendly, the weather, especially in Januaray, just can't be beat. I personally don't go there for more than the beach and drink. Its not hugely expensive either which is nice, because I may be able to return in the spring with the bf...

Golden Girls
February 11th, 2007, 06:44 PM
Beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing. O to sit by that ocean - so blue :cloud9:

Aimster
February 11th, 2007, 06:47 PM
I went to Tryp Cayo Coco in May of last year and it was great. I want to go back again this year if I can afford it. I remember those peacocks from the resort. They sounded like howling cats, I didn't know what it was when I first heard them! LOL.

Great pics!

AliSam
February 11th, 2007, 08:27 PM
What great pictures PetFriendly. Thanks for sharing. I would love to visit Cuba some day.

Prin
February 11th, 2007, 09:19 PM
This one is my fave:
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k194/shnoune/Sol%20Cayo%20Coco%202007/P1010008.jpg

It just goes on forever... :cloud9:

Great pics! :) I've never been anywhere south, so it's cool to live vicariously though your pics. :laughing:

Byrd
February 11th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Nice pics.

Friend of mine went in the middle of January, our HR lady went a week after that, another co-worker is there now, and yet another co-worker is going next week. Popular place this year.

Skryker
February 11th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Looks gorgeous. I'm not a hot climate person normally, but I love beaches and after the last month of deep freeze, I envy you completely for being able to thaw out in such a beautiful spot.

PetFriendly
February 12th, 2007, 05:44 AM
I have to say, having left Ottawa in a deep freeze, waking up to that view wasn't too hard... :D

Its a great place to go, Cuba that is... Its inexpensive and the resorts are nice. You'd be hard pressed to get better value for your money.

Shamrock
February 12th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Lovely photos! :highfive: What an idyllic looking spot!
I would love to visit Cuba someday. I always thought of Mexico, but recent events there have me kind of wondering about the safety issue.:shrug:

chico2
February 13th, 2007, 07:27 AM
Shamrock,I would recommend Cuba to anyone,sure,they are under Castros rule,however ALL children have free education,all Cubans have free medical-care,everybody has food..maybe not steak,but nobody is starving.
Freedom is highly valued of course,which they don't have,but what is freedom worth if like in Jamaica,you are so poor,you cannot afford to pay for your kids education or medicalcare??
I have been to Mexico 3 times,not Acapulco but I would not return,the last time a few years back,we were robbed of our camera and other things while we were out for dinner:evil: They fired the little indian maid,but I doubt she broke the lock to our door:evil:
I am glad I have not heard the most common question"what's the food like?"
To me,as long as I have a beautiful beach,sunshine etc....'good food'is secondary,I can live on beer:eek: ,homebaked bread and dessert(and they make great desserts!)

PetFriendly
February 13th, 2007, 05:49 PM
The food in Cuba is not what keeps the reorts in business... Its decent, sometimes strange, but taken in moderation, has never made me sick... I have not gone hungry and there has always been more selection that I can eat.

AliSam
February 13th, 2007, 07:16 PM
I've had two girls from work go too. One just got back on the weekend. The other one went at the end of January. So jealous.

chico2
February 14th, 2007, 10:05 AM
These are the kind of pics I have from Cuba,typical,eh:D
The first two are not me....I am in the last pic,giving my brekki to the cats:D

PetFriendly
February 14th, 2007, 06:32 PM
There were only two cats on the resort this year, and a little black puppy at one of the restaurants on the beach.
Last year there was a whole colony of cats, which I have to say was more fun, because by the second day they knew which guests would be nice and pet them. Sort of made leaving Charley and Pringles behind less traumatic! :laughing:

chico2
February 15th, 2007, 07:36 AM
PF,I wish at Holguin there were not that many cats/kittens:sad: but the resort keeps them to take care of vermins.
Unfortunately they get no vetcare and birthcontrol means killing newborns.
Like hubby says,they know of no better life and there are plenty of tourists giving them treats.
I fell totally in love with a dog,I called her Sussie,wanted to take her back with me,as skinny as she is on this pic,she was pregnant and had her pups 2 days before we left....I cried buckets in the bus to the air-port,the driver asked why? Everybody in the bus yelled in unison,she cries over a dog!!:sad:

PetFriendly
February 15th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Yes, we've been to Las Brisas Guardalavaca and there were tons of cats there. Other than showing obvious signs of parasites, they all seemed quite content and dinned really well on the patio of the buffet.
I know what you mean though, there were two little kittens last year I would have snuck back in my luguage :evil:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
February 15th, 2007, 05:10 PM
PF looks you had an awesome time - Cuba looks really beautiful. Hope you had enough warmth and sun to get you through the rest of the winter. :D

PetFriendly
February 15th, 2007, 07:29 PM
My room-mate left today for Cuba... I soooo wanted to climb into her suitcase!
I think I've convinced my BF to go with me in April... Now I just need to find the required vacation leave :shrug: Next year, I think I'll go for two weeks, a single week just isn't quite enough.