Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

ARGGGG!those famous last words!!!

RolandsMom
February 11th, 2007, 04:45 PM
So i think it was last week that i posted a pic of Roland halfway up a tree and said that he never climbs higher cause he knows he wont be able to get down and he knows i wont let him?? well, today he did. we were having our usual chase around the garden game (with him off his leash cause im close by...) and he bloted up that tree so fast i couldnt catch him. now it being -12 and bucketing snow out i really did think he would turn around and come down. Oh how naive i was! he climbed up another two feet and then sat mewing at me. So i got out the ladder and tried to get him down. he managed to climb down almost low enough for me to grab him when one of those very sweet and flighty friends of ours landed two branches above his head and sat there chirping happily at Roland. Needless to say with a little birdie above or a dried fishy below, he chose to go up! it took me about 10 minutes and near frostbitten fingers to lure him down close enough for me to grab the top of his harness and get him down. I have to say i was a little panicked for a bit. the tree is high and although im a good climber, its not really that type of tree.
As of today i think Roland has lost his no leash privilage (sp?) for a good while and he actually seems quite subdued and sheepish right now. I think he got as much of a fright as i did!
So now we sleep on the couch for the rest of our Sunday and leave the snowy trees to those cheeky little chirpy blighters!!!!

Hunter's_owner
February 11th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Oh gee, what an ordeal. Yeah losing the off leash privileges sounds like a good idea, lol:o

mummummum
February 12th, 2007, 01:56 PM
:crazy: Adventures !:crazy: Cats ~ gotta love em !

Prin
February 12th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Glad you got your kitty back ok! :grouphug:

chico2
February 12th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Rolandsmom,made me laugh,we too have some perilous tree-climbing experience:laughing: not so funny at the time...

RolandsMom
February 12th, 2007, 05:59 PM
I was quite panicked. I really dont remember having that problem with any of our cats in S.A. but then they were oudoor cats from the day they arrived. i did know he was not really smart enough yet to know how to get down, and i guess the best time to fall out would be with two feet of fresh powder underneath but my mind runs away with me and hes far too precious!!! on the up side he seems to be a little less desperate to go outside now. (a good thing at -21 and a whole lot of snow out!) hehe. :laughing: i bet we made quite the picture up that tree!

rainbow
February 12th, 2007, 06:20 PM
Glad to hear Roland is okay after his little tree climbing experience. It made me giggle too as we've had more than one episode like that. :D