Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Another cat hit on the road

chico2
February 11th, 2007, 02:06 PM
I am just shaking,so very upset:sad:
A lady a couple of doors from me came banging on my door yelling about a cat beeing hit by a pick-up truck,the driver was equally upset.
I ran to her house where the cat had crawled under a big pine-tree,it was an orange and white cat.
I had to run home and call the Oakville HS and I told her to watch the cat..
Humane Society was here within 10 minutes or less,we go to get the cat and he was gone:sad:
The lady had gone in the house cause she was cold:evil:and the cat must have gone someplace.
We looked everywhere for him,in several backyards...I know he is hurt and hiding somewhere,I am just sooooo upset,if he is in shock he'll freeze to death tonight.
I am not expecting any advice,just needed to vent..
I'll continue looking for him...

erykah1310
February 11th, 2007, 02:13 PM
:grouphug: Im so sorry Chico, I cant begin to imagine how you are feeling right now.
I hope you find the cat.:fingerscr

chico2
February 11th, 2007, 02:33 PM
Erykah,the HS-guy said the cat would be screaming if he had any broken bones,I only saw that some of his fur on the chin was gone..he was not run over by a wheel,he was bumped,but that's enough to break bones....
I'll go out again later,wish I knew who owns him:sad:maybe he found his way home:fingerscr

erykah1310
February 11th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Chico I really hope he's alright...
cats are amazing though... When I was younger we had gotten a cat ( who wasnt allowed in the house cause my mom could very well have died from her allergies, this cat was rescued from appauling living conditions) anyways... he was living in our garage ( heated) and my dad ran him over one night purely accidently I assure you.
that tough bugger suffered some hair loss and a broken tooth:eek: that was all.... my dad thought for sure there was more wrong, but vet reports said nope...
I really hope this guy is as lucky and is just stunned, hopefully you do find him though... i cant imagine what it would feel like if you didnt ever know.:sad:

chico2
February 11th, 2007, 02:45 PM
I really hope so,I am going to have something to eat and then go lurking in peoples backyard again...

erykah1310
February 11th, 2007, 02:49 PM
Good luck !!!!
You definately are THE cats angel:angel: (all cats)

Frenchy
February 11th, 2007, 03:02 PM
I'm so sorry Chico2 :sad: but like Erykah said, they are tought little creatures. If he was able to leave from under the tree , maybe that's because he's allright ? :fingerscr :pray:

CyberKitten
February 11th, 2007, 04:01 PM
Oh dear!! Sorry to hear about the poor little cat - it makes me so angry when I see cats running outside like that,, arrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! I hope you find him and he's OK Chico! I'll think good thoughts!

Golden Girls
February 11th, 2007, 04:08 PM
So sorry to hear this Chico :fingerscr

chico2
February 11th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Well,I just got back,I am not looking anymore tonite...
I am hoping,since he could obviously walk he found his way home.
I had a tabby-cat when i was a girl,some kid cracked his head open with a skate and he(Nalle)somehow manage to crawl home to us,where he died:sad:
Animals are amazing and I hope this little cat also made his way home and is not laying out there somewhere.
The HS-guy was wonderful,gave me his cell-number in case I would find the cat.
But OMG what an afternoon:sad:

Frenchy
February 11th, 2007, 05:00 PM
These things always seem to happen near us (the ones who care) try not to think about it to much Chico2, you did all you could.

Prin
February 11th, 2007, 07:03 PM
Poor kitty! Chico you did your best. :grouphug: :grouphug:

Hunter's_owner
February 11th, 2007, 07:05 PM
Oh Chico, that is too bad:sad:

You really did do all you could though:grouphug:

Dracko
February 11th, 2007, 09:02 PM
I hope that woman is happy that she was able to stay warm. :frustrated:

Skryker
February 11th, 2007, 10:21 PM
:sorry: chico! It's a terrible feeling, knowing that there is an animal out there hurt. :sad: It's very likely that the HS guy is driving around the area looking for the cat, too, whenever he can. :fingerscr

glasslass
February 12th, 2007, 01:16 AM
Oh Chico, what a horrible day! I hope the poor kitty got home ok and I hope you somehow are able to find out that he did. Otherwise, you'll always think about it and feel badly. You've done so much more than most people would have. You'd think that woman would at least have stayed until you got back.

cpietra16
February 12th, 2007, 06:48 AM
Oh Chico, It's awful when you know the cat is out there hiding and hurt. Let's hope he finds his way home. :fingerscr

chico2
February 12th, 2007, 07:08 AM
Well,at least this woman came to my house for help,thinking it was one of my cats:eek:
I don't really know this lady,only that she has a Bengal and a Siamese cat,kept indoors,except for when she puts them outside in their carriers in the summer:yell:I only met her last summer,when I asked her to put the cats inside out of the heat,also because my cats were bothered by their constant crying.
I specifically asked her to stay with him,as long as she was there,he did not move,but what's done is done,I'll still keep a lookout for this poor boy.:fingerscr
and yes,the HS-guy did drive around looking for him too..a really nice young man,very concerned..

Golden Girls
February 12th, 2007, 09:04 AM
I also wondered why Chico she came rushing to you for help then left the cat alone because she was cold? Almost saying oh I know you'll take care of it :confused: Common ... at least stay with the poor thing till you got back. I know what's done is done but I'd be fuming. Like it's not hard enough wondering and worrying as it is, it certainly didn't have to be like this if she would of just used a lil common sense :grouphug:

It's so nice that the HS is looking for the cat :fingerscr

OntarioGreys
February 12th, 2007, 12:42 PM
:grouphug: I am sorry, hopefully this cat will be lucky

I live approx 25 km from work and travel on a rural hwy that goes thru 2 towns and working the midnight shift it is not unusual to see 2 or 3 cats within the towns that have been hit and killed every week along with lots of small wildlife raccoons,rabbits, foxes, possums, coyotes, squirrels, ocassionally a dog it would be an extremely rare day travelling back and forth not to see some roadkill, but it is horrible and sickening to see just how many cats are killed all because owners want them to have freedom

chico2
February 12th, 2007, 02:44 PM
GG,believe me,I was fuming with that stupid woman as was the young man from HS,but we were too busy searching for the cat to bother with her:frustrated:
I myself was painting my bedroom, when she banged on my door.
I ran out there in slippers,without a coat,the only thing on my mind was a wounded cat,adrenalin kept me warm.
I also don't like the way she said"it's an ordinary cat"there is no such thing as an ordinary cat/dog,but she has pedigree expensive cats:shrug: BIG DEAL!!a cat is a cat..
I have a feeling he might have found his way home,I just wish I knew where that was,so I could tell them he was hit by a car,that he needs a vet:sad:

OG,that is soo sad,I don't see dead animals on the road too often:pray: but when I do,it's heartbreaking:sad:
There was one cat,I really cried for and I am the one who told the owner her cat got killed,a beautiful black/white longhaired female.
Yes,she shed a few tears,but a couple of weeks later,she had a new similar looking cat and again,this new cat is roaming the neighborhood and the busy street:evil:
I left a note on her door a while back,saying the cat sits by their door ALL DAY in the cold wanting in,but nobody is home until the kids our out of school.:sad:
Did this woman learn her lesson,having had one cat killed,no and she probably never will:yell:

AliSam
February 12th, 2007, 07:58 PM
I unfortunately have seen the odd dead cat on the road during my commute. It really is heartbreaking. Why people let them run outside free is beyond me.