Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

hey Im new and I need help.

hannahjosephine
February 11th, 2007, 12:26 PM
Hi I kow alot of people Might ask this question and IM sorry for posting this but we really do need help. If AT ALL POSSIBLE can we have each question answered we are in the dark and its very important that we know.

how long is the average gestation period for a cat?

How can we tell our cat is pregant? she just had kitties in sept. She had an affair with the neighbors cat about a month ago, and we think she might be pregnant again.

We got Lily from a cat shelter and was due to have her litter within 1-2 weeks after we got her, so we do not know when she had gotten prego before.

Lily had 6 kittens and we kept only one because my mother would only allow since we have already a dog and she dint want any more animals. Lily has become very hostile towards her kitten Atticus, every time he comes near her she gets fiesty. We are getting worried that she might hurt him. She dosent really care or acknowledge the dog though so we are not worried about those two its just the baby.

Lily has only a few times shreaded news paper but that was like two weeks ago. Her stomach has gotten bigger , not alot but you can tell because after she had the babies she got a little slimmer. She likes to be alone when the humans are not around and when they are she only likes to lay near them and she use to love rubs but she dosent really want us touching her tummy just her head and chin.

Thank you for your help and we hope to hear from someone soon.

Sincerly,
Hannah Josephine.:cat: :cat:

Winston
February 11th, 2007, 12:31 PM
I would suggest you take your cat and kittens to the vet as soon as possible...there could be many things wrong..Has she been to the vet? Perhaps they could fix her while she is there so that she does not have the chance to get pregnant again?

Scott_B
February 11th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Just an idea..but take your cat to the vet to have her looked at, and spayed :thumbs up

If she just recently got pregnant, the vet can abort the kittens.

Frenchy
February 11th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Please get your cat to a vet to get her spayed. There is more than enough cats looking for homes already.

Hunter's_owner
February 11th, 2007, 03:13 PM
I agree with the others. Please bring her in to see a vet.

hannahjosephine
February 12th, 2007, 10:24 AM
thank you for you advice.. but I really need to know where to get my questions answered, If no one could help here.

thanks again :cat: :cat: :dog:

Hunter's_owner
February 12th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Really, the best person to answer any questions would be a vet;)

Scott_B
February 12th, 2007, 10:38 AM
thank you for you advice.. but I really need to know where to get my questions answered, If no one could help here.

thanks again :cat: :cat: :dog:

Your questions were answered. Call your vet! :thumbs up

meb999
February 12th, 2007, 11:18 AM
I agree, she needs to see a vet!

H.P.
February 12th, 2007, 10:17 PM
From what I have read, 63-66 days is the normal gestation period for cats. She really should see a vet though, her belly could be full of worms, or have some kind of blockage that would make her belly swell and be tender. Most of the vets around here will give you the first visit free, or very reduced, if you let them know that you adopted from the shelter.

hannahjosephine
February 15th, 2007, 02:32 PM
thank you everyone we made an appt. for her to be seen ill keep everyone updated to let you know if we are having kitties:fingerscr

RolandsMom
February 15th, 2007, 02:39 PM
yAY! :thumbs up let us know how it goes!