Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Arrrrg

~michelle~
February 10th, 2007, 05:04 PM
so last night while i was sleeping one of the dogs (or a combo of all of them) ate my digital camera!!!! well they ripped it apart anyways !!!! :yell: soooo frustrating... its my fault because of the weather they havent gotten as much excercise as they usually would but seriously!! they have a bazillion toys and chewies!!! they aparently have expensive taste (note: been monitoring dogs, they are ok no parts were actually ingested but we're keeping an eye for any abnomalities....no liquids spilled from caera or batteries so thats good i guess)
just need to scream and i cant do it at them so here i go AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAHAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH that feels a little better.... thanks

jesse's mommy
February 10th, 2007, 05:08 PM
I'm so sorry. :grouphug: Why do they always find the most expensive or the newest item to rip apart?

Skryker
February 10th, 2007, 05:09 PM
I understand completely! Mine destroyed the phone jack in the living room for the 2nd time earlier today. :frustrated:

Scream away! Like you said, you can't do it at them, so...that's what the forum is for!

Byrd
February 10th, 2007, 05:13 PM
:eek: Oh my... oh... my... that's all I can say. :eek:

:rip: Diggy cam. :sad:

Prin
February 10th, 2007, 05:16 PM
How long ago did you buy it? If you bought it with interac or visa, some banks (like Royal) have insurance for theft, loss or breakage for 90 days.

:rip: digicam... :grouphug:

Hunter's_owner
February 10th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Oh that is horrible. So sorry...I don't know what I would do, but I think yelling in the house might be a possibility:o
:grouphug:

~michelle~
February 10th, 2007, 05:28 PM
:( no i bought it a year ago on future shop credit :( :rip: digi cam indeed but i cried and chris said he might buy me a new one so :fingerscr how am i supposed to take photos of the furbabies now

Lukka'sma
February 10th, 2007, 05:29 PM
I heard that scream all the way over to my house ~michelle~. So sorry about the camera. We have been so lucky that Lukka has never chewed anything that didn't belong to her. My rabbit on the other hand had a real attraction to phone cords.

~michelle~
February 10th, 2007, 05:37 PM
i wish my dogs didnt chew!!!

list of items destroyed thus far
a tee shirt
a bra
underwear
digi cam
pillows
blankets
comforters
figurine of a castle
brushes
wooden spoon
stuffed animals
christmas decorations
nail clippers
magazines
books
many more im probably forgetting

it has gone down lately (the amount of chewing) he mostly did it when we we're home and when he was younger (revenge for leaving him, but now they're crated) and we try to exercise him to keep him from too much boredom but i think because of a change of work scheduals the dogs are upset and routines have shifted, and they act out.

at least they havent chewed on baby kittiens!!!!! :cat:

i was being really careful about leaving nothing too small and chewable out for a while but i guess im going back to being super careful and jiding everything again

Dracko
February 10th, 2007, 06:43 PM
My dog (now 6) is fantastic about not chewing things he shouldn't. BUT, I remember once when he was a puppy getting ready for work one day and wondering where my glasses were. I looked and looked finally spying them in a corner of the livingroom. Let's just say they didn't look like they did when I took them off! :eek:

billyp
February 10th, 2007, 08:42 PM
:rip: dig cam but ain't nothing worst then a dog eating your GF shoes!!! :evil:

Byrd
February 10th, 2007, 09:02 PM
I got all my school days 5x7's from my mom and had bought an album to put them all in, when, guess who was only 8 months old and would chew anything!!! Lost them all!!!! :sad:

~michelle~
February 10th, 2007, 10:28 PM
they always seem to go for something really sentimental as if to say how much do you really love me? if you love me as much as you say you have to forgive me..... tricky buggers

TeriM
February 11th, 2007, 02:22 AM
Brats, they always get the good stuff :frustrated: .

JOKE
A rolled up newspaper can be an effective training tool when used properly. For instance, use the rolled-up newspaper if your dog chews up something innappropriate or has a housebreaking accident. Bring the dog over to the destroyed object (or mess), then take the rolled-up newspaper... and hit yourself over the head as you repeat the phrase,"I FORGOT TO WATCH MY DOG, I FORGOT TO WATCH MY DOG!"

mummummum
February 11th, 2007, 03:15 AM
Ohhh ain't it the truth Teri !

I remember a thread somewhere in the last year or so where we all listed everything our dogs chewed.... scarrrrrreeeeeeee destructo's we have !

Scott_B
February 11th, 2007, 06:35 AM
Brats, they always get the good stuff :frustrated: .

JOKE
A rolled up newspaper can be an effective training tool when used properly. For instance, use the rolled-up newspaper if your dog chews up something innappropriate or has a housebreaking accident. Bring the dog over to the destroyed object (or mess), then take the rolled-up newspaper... and hit yourself over the head as you repeat the phrase,"I FORGOT TO WATCH MY DOG, I FORGOT TO WATCH MY DOG!"

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Good one and so true!

Also, dogs don't chew things because of revenge or geting back at you for leaving. Dogs are pack animals. In breed in them to want to be with you, the pack leader and the rest of the pack. So when we leave them, this can be very stressfull on them. So what do they do, they find something that smells like us. Our shoes, a glove, glasses, whatever they just seem to find, and they chew away.

The great thing is we can condition our dogs to be left home alone with crate training. Short times alone at first, slowly increasing. Also, they recommend any toys you give them in their crate, rub them between your hands for a few minutes before you go. Helps put your smell on the item, and makes it more comfortable for your dog. Also, dont make a fus about coming and going. That way the dog doest think its so bad when you leave because its sooo great that your back. :thumbs up

~michelle~
February 11th, 2007, 09:04 AM
hahah i know they're not doing it for revenge.... it just seems like it sometimes
:crazy:

we have decided to crate them all while we're out for the time being because of school i have to do placement right now and chris has a different work shift so their scheduals have changed and it wouldnt be far to leave them to make messes on the carpet when they expect to go out at a certain time and our schedual doesnt permt it. and with the foster kittens the dogs are great but they can be pest sometimes and bug the dogs so i dont want to set anything up for disaster.... once we have settled in t a reg permanent schedual again and he forster kitties are gone we'll start training them to be more independent again..... i often forget too logan is only 14 months so he is very much still a puppy and when we got him at 8 mos he was a terror so we still need to give him time to mature and when schedual changes happen it upsetss him the most he very much likes routine and structure and like it alot

oh shoes.... i had lost serveral pair of shoes but then i put a rack in my closet and store my shoes there the shoes have been saved!!!!!!!! thank goodness because i love shoes...

braxton used to do the cutest thing when we got him and grab all of my dirty clothes (esp socks and underwear) and my shoes and pull them all into the middle of the floor and lay in them... it was sooo sweet you couldnt be upset because he'd give you these eyes that said mamma i just missed you sooo mcuh !

Kristin7
February 11th, 2007, 09:46 AM
So sorry about your camera! If it helps any, my dog, although not a big chewer has also destroyed some things: his bed (the kitchen looked like a giant hamster cage), the kitchen walls (just chewed in a couple places), and the kitchenaide mixer chord. :dog: