Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

heeeere's Nelly !

Frenchy
February 10th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Nothing special, can't get a super pic just yet because I can't get her to stand still ! And she is now comfy enough to explore the yard, instead of staying near the door like she did all week. One of Sam so he doesn't get too jealous !

Frenchy
February 10th, 2007, 04:41 PM
still exploring and getting some snow off her

jiorji
February 10th, 2007, 04:42 PM
she looks like a chocolate marble cake :cloud9: .the fur i mean
good that she's getting more comfortable there :thumbs up

Frenchy
February 10th, 2007, 04:43 PM
walk on by ...

Frenchy
February 10th, 2007, 04:46 PM
couple more....

Frenchy
February 10th, 2007, 04:49 PM
She saw some birds in the trees but by the time she got there, they went behind the trees, she was searching for them.... thanks to my crappy camera, you can't actually see how skinny she is. :sad:

Skryker
February 10th, 2007, 04:59 PM
She's beautiful, Frenchy! You can see she's very thin, though. :sad: Glad she's relaxing at your house, though. She'll never want to leave!

Frenchy
February 10th, 2007, 05:13 PM
She's beautiful, Frenchy! You can see she's very thin, though. :sad:

I tought the pics where too crappy to notice. But she will get bigger,I promise!

chico2
February 10th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Awww Frenchy,they are not crappy,she is such a lucky girl:cloud9:

meb999
February 10th, 2007, 05:34 PM
yeah, you CAN really see how thin she is...her whole spine sticks out...poor little gurl :sad:
Man, she must be thanking her lucky stars she met you :D She's soooo in doggy heaven right now! :cloud9:

Prin
February 10th, 2007, 05:46 PM
If the camera adds 10lbs... :eek: Poor doggy. If you foster her for 3 years is she legally yours? :o

She's a pretty, pretty girl though. And so lucky. Did they all find fosters?

Frenchy
February 10th, 2007, 05:49 PM
yeah, you CAN really see how thin she is...her whole spine sticks out...poor little gurl :sad:

Yes I know, I guess she doesn't look that bad to me sometimes because I met Hope first (the one with the skin condition) Hope is even worse :sad: But Nelly eats well,she gets sardines with her kibble and bananas for dessert (didn't care too much for them at first but now , yummy !)

Frenchy
February 10th, 2007, 05:51 PM
She's a pretty, pretty girl though. And so lucky. Did they all find fosters?

I don't know but I sure hope so. They deserve it ! Altough some people might be scared to foster one, I really don't know for how long. And what if the lady gets them back, how will we be able to give the dogs back ? :mad: Anyway, lots can change :fingerscr

wdawson
February 10th, 2007, 05:52 PM
what a sweetie.....you will have up in weight in no time , i'm sure.......but i think she needs a beagle friend:D

meb999
February 10th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Yes I know, I guess she doesn't look that bad to me sometimes because I met Hope first (the one with the skin condition) Hope is even worse :sad: But Nelly eats well,she gets sardines with her kibble and bananas for dessert (didn't care too much for them at first but now , yummy !)

she's such a lucky pooch...you truely are her :angel:

You'll see, her weight'll go up in no time :thumbs up

Frenchy
February 10th, 2007, 06:03 PM
.but i think she needs a beagle friend:D

the pressure :yell: I did cuddle with one when I got Nelly at the spca. She was precious....now you got me thinking :p and Meb, I'm no angel. I have no kids, no hubby, all I've got are my fuzzbutts who are the :angel: such great dogs I've got, wich makes it easier to foster.

Hunter's_owner
February 10th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Frenchy she is gorgeous.:cloud9: But oh soooooo skinny. :sad: You really can see it in the pics...wow:eek:

Won't be long though, now that she is in your care.:highfive:

Prin
February 10th, 2007, 06:11 PM
You are an angel.:) Some people are in your position and don't help anyway. :shrug:

meb999
February 10th, 2007, 06:13 PM
trustme Frenchy....you ARE an angel. For all your fuzzbutts and all your fosters. You have a kind heart, I've seen it here many times. I admire you.

Prin
February 10th, 2007, 06:17 PM
Hey meb, is it true though? If she fosters her for 3 years, is it legally hers? :o

Frenchy
February 10th, 2007, 06:19 PM
blushing here :o I know the spca is trying to have a speedy trial :fingerscr for the dog's sake.

Prin
February 10th, 2007, 06:22 PM
If it's not speedy, we can at least hope that she won't get her back anyway.:o :shrug:

meb999
February 10th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Hey meb, is it true though? If she fosters her for 3 years, is it legally hers? :o

well, as the french lawyers say : tout se plaide! Basically it's argue-able. BUT -- You have to be a possessor in good faith (possesseur de bonne foi), which means you have to believe you're the owner for three years for acquisitive perscription (to become owner by perscription). Since a foster home is by definition temporary, it would be hard to plea that you thought you were full owner...does that make any sense (things that are clear in my head rarely come out clear when I explain them!!)

meb999
February 10th, 2007, 06:26 PM
blushing here :o I know the spca is trying to have a speedy trial :fingerscr for the dog's sake.

If the dogs are all spay/neutered though, she wouldn't want them back, right? No more money to be made :shrug:

Frenchy
February 10th, 2007, 06:38 PM
If the dogs are all spay/neutered though, she wouldn't want them back, right? No more money to be made :shrug:

It would be illegal for me or the spca to get any of them neuter/spay....I signed a contract. But I was thinking , what if I leave her at my vet to get groom (they have a groomer that goes there) and by mistake she would get spayed...accidents happens you know ? Don't know who would sue me, the lady or the spca ?

JanM
February 10th, 2007, 07:06 PM
Leaving her at the Vet's and her being accidentally spayed would be one of the good "accidents". She is going to be a very special dog - thanks to your good work! Lucky puppy..

wdawson
February 10th, 2007, 07:44 PM
frenchy

your doing very good work....keep it up and give yourself a BIG pat on the back....good luck on the new addition.:thumbs up

breeze
February 10th, 2007, 08:13 PM
she's beutiful, and in your care she will be magnificent !! she is very lucky to have you a person who cares ALOT give her all my hugs
I really hope the women does NOT get her back !!!!!!!!!!!!!! that would be a crime.

cpietra16
February 10th, 2007, 09:13 PM
Poor baby...if only she could talk...I'm glad she's in good hands. Can't wait for a before and after shot:)

brandynva
February 10th, 2007, 11:26 PM
Frenchy she looks so happy. I can see where she appears to be skittish and not sure of her surroundings and she's definetly skinny! But I know you are taking good care of her and providing a good home where she is warm, full and loved. You have a lot to proud of that you are taking steps to reduce the cruelty animals receive. I, too, admire you.

Meb, you made perfect sense to me... :thumbs up

vel
February 11th, 2007, 12:51 AM
What a beautiful dog. She looks exactly the way my :dog: "Boo":dog: looked when I got her at the end of August 06. My vet said "Boo"was at least 50 pounds underweight so you can just imagine. All hip bone and ribs........it absolutely godsmacks me every time I see a starved animal....I don't understand the mentality of people who do these things to animals.........good luck with her recovery, my well wishes are with you....V:pawprint:

TeriM
February 11th, 2007, 02:56 AM
She is so pretty and she will be magnificent when she gets some weight on and more confidence. You make us all proud Frenchy :thumbs up .

Boubou
February 11th, 2007, 05:48 PM
Just got back from the shelter today, and good news - all the great danes except for one are gone to foster homes! The only one left is Scotch, an older, beautiful male who we are careful with whom we place him with. He was a little aggressive at first, but seems to be much better. I took him out to play with Johnny (Nellies brother who left with his foster family today) and he was fine. But we think he would do better in a home with no other dogs and someone who doesn't work during the day.

We also placed a gorgeous brown Husky today with a wonderful couple who've had a Husky before.

Still alot of work to be done, but it's so inspiring to see these dogs go off with their families and be doing so well!

And Frenchy, what beautiful pictures! I'm so happy to see her looking so happy!!:cloud9:

Frenchy
February 11th, 2007, 05:53 PM
wooohoo ! So they're all are being fostered (except one) that's great ! Tell them (if you know them) they can come here and post updates on Nelly's thread anytime !

Frenchy
February 11th, 2007, 05:56 PM
:offtopic: but it's my thread :p Boubou, what about the beagles ?

BLB
February 11th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Frenchy she is lucking to have you and she will soon gain weight with all your love and attention. If this person does get the dogs back:yell: not. I will gladly have Nelly disappear by accident say to Ontario

Boubou
February 11th, 2007, 09:36 PM
The puppy Beagle is still there, I know he had some health issues but he is definitely feeling 100% -all he wanted to do was play with the other dogs but he was too playful and drove the others nuts!

As for the mom Beagle, she wasn't there, perhaps she is at Linda's - she has a real soft spot for Beagles. I'll let you know more when I talk to her....

Still available for fostering: 3 dobermans, 1 border collie, 2 shepards, 6 huskies, and of course all the mixed breeds from the second seizure. They are very timid, but it would be great to get them into homes ASAP to be able to evaluate them better. They need one on one attention; they are so frightened, but very curious about people and what's going on. They aren't aggresive in any way and although thin, they are quite healthy....

Frenchy
February 11th, 2007, 09:51 PM
the dobies :sad: they seem so friendly. I do hope all of them find foster families :fingerscr I wish I could take them all. :sad:

chico2
February 12th, 2007, 07:45 AM
Boubou,thank you for keeping us updated,:fingerscr for the rest of the dogs:fingerscr the shelters must be bursting at the seams with dogs,but still:cloud9: compared to where they came from.

hazelrunpack
February 14th, 2007, 12:57 PM
She's gorgeous, Frenchy! I love her little pink bandana :lovestruck:

With her as skinny as she is, is there really a chance that the woman who starved her might get her and the other dogs back?! :mad: That's just unconscionable! How do they excuse starvation? If she couldn't afford food then, she can't now. And if she just didn't care then, she won't now, either! :sad:

:fingerscr that she loses all chance of custody! :fingerscr

breeze
February 14th, 2007, 12:59 PM
any more pictures?? :lovestruck: I would love to see them

Skryker
February 14th, 2007, 02:34 PM
:fingerscr :pray: that the woman doesn't get the dogs back! Frenchy, I don't know how you can do it-if I fostered a dog long-term, it would never leave. :o Big, big :grouphug: for you.

(edited to add-a Dane would definitely stay-and it wouldn't be me that couldn't let it go, either. :rolleyes: My big tough guy has a real soft spot for Danes. Darn Cornwall's 2 dog by-law!)

breeze
February 14th, 2007, 02:37 PM
:fingerscr :pray: that the woman doesn't get the dogs back! Frenchy, I don't know how you can do it-if I fostered a dog long-term, it would never leave. :o Big, big :grouphug: for you.

I agree don't you fall in love with the fosters and how do you then give them up? I don't think I could do it if I had nelly, I would fall in love and kidnap her and never give her back

Frenchy
February 14th, 2007, 02:51 PM
I think of it this way ; when a foster leaves , it opens a spot for another foster (soooo many dogs in need) but I can tell you this ; there is just one dog I regret not keeping, and it's Molly. :shrug: But we do find such wonderful families for all the fosters, makes it less tragic to let them go.

breeze
February 14th, 2007, 02:55 PM
No doubt that the are is alot of dogs in need, and the families are great one at that, I just would find it hard to say goodbye (never been good at that) sorry I guess I'm a big suck

Frenchy
February 14th, 2007, 03:13 PM
any more pictures?? :lovestruck: I would love to see them

Just this one for now , the others are too dark :frustrated:

Skryker
February 14th, 2007, 03:15 PM
:cloud9: She's so lovely!:lovestruck:

Prin
February 14th, 2007, 03:16 PM
What a cutie!!! Aw, she's just so pretty!:lovestruck:

breeze
February 14th, 2007, 03:18 PM
what a gentile gaint I love her colors !! almond swirl

If I fostered her I would defently keep her 22514
thats the problem

chico2
February 14th, 2007, 03:25 PM
Aww,Baby-Girl is all curled up,what a lucky girl she is,finally a warm place to put her head,good food and lots of love:cloud9:
As for fostering,I would in a heartbeat if I was just a little younger.
Fostermoms/dads are very very important,keeps the dogs out of cages at SPCA and they learn what beeing loved is all about and to be socialized ,something the shelters don't always have time for.
Sure,I would cry when my foster leaves,of course you fall in love,but if there is a good home waiting for him,my job would be done and I would be ready for another abused unhappy soul.
Fostermom/dads are sooo very important,heartbreaking at times,I am sure,but the end result,a happy healthy animal,is what it's all about:thumbs up

breeze
February 14th, 2007, 03:31 PM
I know they are very important

Hunter's_owner
February 14th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Awww Frenchy she looks so innocent and sweet all curled up like that:cloud9:

Boubou
February 14th, 2007, 11:06 PM
AWWW!! she's sooooooo cute!!.........:cloud9: :love: :love: :love:

Golden Girls
February 15th, 2007, 07:36 PM
O Nelly looks soooo comfy and right at home :cloud9:

Frenchy
February 15th, 2007, 08:05 PM
Nelly has taken over the new bed. I have 2 others but there kinda old. I will have to buy another fluffy one for Bailey, Sam just takes over the couch !

TeriM
February 16th, 2007, 02:41 AM
You could just buy some new stuffing for the old beds. I just buy foam chips and the dogs love it cause they don't pack down as bad as the cheap stuff they use on lots of new beds.

She looks so comfy :cloud9: .

Frenchy
February 16th, 2007, 09:40 PM
You could just buy some new stuffing for the old beds. I just buy foam chips and the dogs love it cause they don't pack down as bad as the cheap stuff they use on lots of new beds.

She looks so comfy :cloud9: .

But the Costco beds are sooo fluffier and only $26.00 :thumbs up

breeze
February 16th, 2007, 09:41 PM
But the Costco beds are sooo fluffier and only $26.00 :thumbs up

can you wash them in the washer?? with bleach??

glasslass
February 16th, 2007, 10:12 PM
I haven't seen the original thread yet about Nellie's past. I'll be looking for it. She is a sweetie!

Frenchy
February 17th, 2007, 11:49 AM
I haven't seen the original thread yet about Nellie's past. I'll be looking for it. She is a sweetie!

Nelly was part of a seizure the spca made in January at a BYB,here glasslass http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=35475 and there's an update thread on Nelly in the on topic thread too.

Frenchy
February 17th, 2007, 11:51 AM
can you wash them in the washer?? with bleach??

There's a zipper so you can wash the cover but I wouldn't put any bleach.

Frenchy
February 17th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Thanks George and don't worry, I don't need any help. I'm used to have 3-4 dogs in the house. I foster 1 to 2 dogs all the time + my own 2 angels. If you want update on Nelly, she has her own thread in the "on topic" thread, here you go ; http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=36386 ,you can see other pics of Nelly under; another stuffie's death.As you can see, this is pretty typical at my house ;

Golden Girls
February 17th, 2007, 06:24 PM
aww that's such a nice post Animal Protector, and your so right :) Frenchy's very special :love:

Prin
February 17th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Frenchy, You are a very special person. I am new to this forum, but it's very obvious to me that everyone here has a great respect and love for you... Yes, definitely.:) Frenchy is the best! :)

Frenchy
February 17th, 2007, 08:23 PM
aww thanks George ! You guys are making me blush. There's so many great people here on this forum. All looking for animal welfare :grouphug:

chico2
February 18th, 2007, 08:19 AM
Frenchyhttp://bestsmileys.com/magic/3.gifyou certainly spread your magic.:dog:

rainbow
February 18th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Frenchyhttp://bestsmileys.com/magic/3.gifyou certainly spread your magic.:dog:

Yes, she does. :thumbs up

Frenchy, this is the first time I seen this thread :o .....but I did see the pics of Nelly in your other one. :o She is so pretty and looks like she is so happy to be with you. :cloud9: