Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Punish the Deed, not the Breed

Rottielover
February 10th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Every day I am coming to the realization that my daughter will most likely not be able to grow up with a rottweiler by her side. BSL is spreading fast, and rottweilers are the next one on every ones hit list.
I saw this video, the song suits it so well. It was done with alot of heart and soul.
I want my daughter to have a choice to have a rottweiler as her best friend. Her and Harley are inseperable now.
I can not even imagine not having that choice in the future.
Hope you enjoy this.
Please spread the word. One person at a time......be a great responsible owner, show these people there is nothing to fear.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-H2_87oQs0

Prin
February 10th, 2007, 02:05 PM
You just have to stock up now so your doggies are "grandfathered"...;) :o

meb999
February 10th, 2007, 02:09 PM
BSL is spreading like wildfire...more and more breeds are being included....so sad :sad:

rainbow
February 10th, 2007, 02:32 PM
Very well done video. Most of us here already know what great dogs they can be with the right owners. It's definitely the public that needs to be educated. I'm forwarding the video to everyone I know.

Mocha's mum
February 10th, 2007, 09:32 PM
So, people want to ban these breeds that have been around for God knows how long, but it's right to breed 'Morkies' and 'Labradoodles' and 'Schnoodles' and whatever other cutesy-wootsie combinations they can think of....

What has the world come to? :yell: Can we ban stupidity?? Please???

mummummum
February 10th, 2007, 10:14 PM
Maybe I'm just cranky and critical tonight :shrug: I thought the video was too long, the long written screens were shown for too short a time for the average "Jane" to read and it was overall "fuzzy" in message in the visuals.

You know I am on board with anti-BSL. But, I think if you want the general Ontarion/ Canadia npublic to wake up and pay attention you/ we need a educational-drama-documentary (or whatever you call these things) which is Canada-specific, far shorter (politicians have about 2 minutes max to watch) and with the message screens in plain English and shown for a longer period (remember The Sun = Grade 3 English comprehension level, The Star = Grade 8 and The Globe = Grade 12 > the last I recall anyway). Pix must be absolutlely drop-dead gorgeous and poignant to the point of making one cry with sadness or with joy.

And yes, Rottielover, I do think "you" are next. And all of the other "you" with dogs who are perceived as dangerous like hmmmm.... let's see in Italy given that good ol' Lassie and his sister Collie's are banned as well as pit bulls... that would be all of us right ?. Maybe we all need to get involved.

Shamrock
February 11th, 2007, 01:23 AM
I found this a very touching video, and will forward to all I can.
Public education and enlightenment "is' the key.
I'm actually just working on a letter-to-the-editor of my local newspaper about this very topic.
I've written them in the past, on both pet and non-pet issues.They never print my letters..but there's always a first time.:fingerscr

Shaykeija
February 11th, 2007, 01:55 AM
Stupid people make stupid laws :yell:

mummummum
February 11th, 2007, 02:53 AM
Sure... but who elected them ?

chico2
February 11th, 2007, 09:08 AM
MMM,sooo true but who knew they were going to start banning dogs,or that in Ontario we would get a dog-hater like Michael Bryant as AG,but there is always the next election....fool me once...

chico2
February 11th, 2007, 09:11 AM
Shamrock,I too have written to the editor several times about different injustices in Ontario,in my case the Toronto Star.
I got ONE letter printed,a loong time ago,about my neighbors son peppering a mama Robin with a pellet-gun:sad:

SARAH
February 11th, 2007, 09:23 AM
Stupid question maybe, what's BSL stand for?

chico2
February 11th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Breed Specific Legislation(BSL)
I must be a wuzz,I looked at the Video and tears are flowing,to even think of banning these beautiful dogs..any dog,including pitties:evil:
I always said to hubby,having known 2 great Rotties,in my next life I will have a Rottie:lovestruck:
I also checked all the other Rottie videos including the pups,a legit breeder or BYB:confused: but adorable pups:lovestruck: