Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Whats happening in Montreal on May 24 long weekend??

erykah1310
February 10th, 2007, 10:52 AM
After some long discussion last night it looks like we're going down to Montreal the long weekend of May. That way we can get an extra day in. Sooooo.... whats the Montrealers plans on that weekend?? I wanna meet as many of ya as I can... We're coming with Kita and Bailey.... Cant bring Meik, he doesnt handle cities very well and is way too aggressive with big dogs. And Puppy cant sit in the car that long so they are staying with my dad.
Anyway... its not 100% that that is the weekend yet, but definately going to be on some long weekend.
Guy thinks im gonna have problems with being right in the big city like that :laughing: and I prolly will.... but hopefully there will be some stuff going on that can take my mind of the busyness of it all!!!!!:pray:
Let me know Prin and TD and who ever else is in montreal......

meb999
February 10th, 2007, 10:59 AM
hmmm, in may you'Re too early for any of the big festivals (jazz festival, just for laughs, francofolies...) BUT I think the beer fest is around the end of may, no?

erykah1310
February 10th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Oooh Beerfest???? lol...
We usually go camping that weekend but really are getting tired of sleeping in a tent while its snowing like a you know out... -10 and so on.... we're going to kick off our camping season in June instead!

jiorji
February 10th, 2007, 11:18 AM
May 24 jiorji won't be in the country...reschedule Montreal :mad: :sad:

Rottielover
February 10th, 2007, 11:51 AM
come visit me :), and meet harley :cloud9: I could always meet you all at a leashed park.

Prin
February 10th, 2007, 01:11 PM
Oooo cool!! We could all go for doggy coffee or something...

Hunter's_owner
February 10th, 2007, 01:26 PM
I would like to take a trip too, but I doubt I could do it then.

I have been tossing around the idea for awhile now, and didn't want to say anything for sure, I just mentioned it a few times around the man to see if he wanted to go, or if I would have to do it alone, and it seems I would be alone:o
I have been looking at prices and seat sales may make it possible:shrug:

Prin
February 10th, 2007, 01:28 PM
:highfive: If you need a place to stay to cut down on hotel costs... ;) :D

Hunter's_owner
February 10th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Really?

Like I said I have been tossing the idea around for awhile. I have never been on a plane before though:o

I have been watching seat sales and seeing that I really can do this, and especially because our big raise is supposed to happen within a month.

Prin
February 10th, 2007, 01:34 PM
Really? You've never been on a plane? I took 37 flights one year and I still "white-knuckle" it in the take-offs and landings...:o But yeah, if I still live here, you're welcome to be the three day old fish or however the saying goes.:D

Hunter's_owner
February 10th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Yeah horrible eh? Never been on a plane...All kinds of boats though;)

Prin
February 10th, 2007, 01:37 PM
Why don't you drive? lol It would only take about 30 hours or so... :laughing:

Hunter's_owner
February 10th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Yeah really....drive up, say hello, spend 10 minutes with Jemma and Boo and then turn around and drive back home:rolleyes:

I don't mind the thought of flying though...Gonna have to do it sometime:shrug:

Prin
February 10th, 2007, 01:44 PM
You could always take the train....... :laughing:

Hunter's_owner
February 10th, 2007, 01:46 PM
No train here:laughing:

Prin
February 10th, 2007, 01:48 PM
It would be a shorter drive if you took the bridge to Labrador. Is that not a good drive? :laughing:

Hunter's_owner
February 10th, 2007, 01:53 PM
I have no idea...:shrug: You can get a boat from here, well a 4 hour drive or so from here and then the boat will go to Goose Bay, and I would have to drive from Goose Bay to there...I have no idea what that would be like...
I would have to ask my dad that one.

I think it would be better to fly though:o

Prin
February 10th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Really? I was kinda joking about the bridge...:D Kinda like the bridge from NL to England? :o

Yeah, definitely better to fly.:)

Hunter's_owner
February 10th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Oh Prin. I didn't even see the word bridge there:laughing: Yeah it is exactly like the one from NL to England;)

Prin
February 10th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Oh, phew. :D I thought for a second I missed that wine bottle smashing on the bridge or something.:D

Hunter's_owner
February 10th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Yeah really:rolleyes: ...that'll be the day:D

Frenchy
February 10th, 2007, 05:33 PM
You (HO and Erykah) are welcome at my place too. But I'm about 45 minutes from Montreal and Sherrington only have a western festival :laughing: not even worth mentionning!

Prin
February 10th, 2007, 05:35 PM
lol Frenchy's a little bit country? :laughing:

Hunter's_owner
February 10th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Well Frenchy, if I could ever get it together to visit, I would want to meet you and Sam and Bailey and now Nelly too:o

Frenchy
February 10th, 2007, 05:40 PM
lol Frenchy's a little bit country? :laughing:

nooooooo, that and opera music I can't stand. But I'm not against meeting a cowboy ! We should do our own doggy fest at my place !

Hunter's_owner
February 10th, 2007, 05:45 PM
nooooooo, that and opera music I can't stand. But I'm not against meeting a cowboy ! We should do our own doggy fest at my place !

That sounds good to me:D

45 minutes is not that far at all. I drive 1 hour and 30 minutes every weekend:shrug: (Sometimes more than that depending on the weather...sometimes it takes longer:o )

Frenchy
February 10th, 2007, 05:47 PM
My door is always open for company :thumbs up

erykah1310
February 10th, 2007, 10:18 PM
I definately want to meet Harley!!!! Heck I'll drive a ways if i Have to ;)
Guy's coming too, (cause im NOT good driving in cities I dont know:D )
and he's gonna be a leash holder too!
Prin... doggie coffee would be great ( but we are NOT going shopping at the GAP;) *horrible dream I had* lol)
Im all excited:D