Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

On-Line Income Tax Return

Lukka'sma
February 10th, 2007, 08:30 AM
Has anyone tried these programs. Which one do you recommend.

Dogastrophe
February 10th, 2007, 09:07 AM
I've used Quick Tax software for several years and found it easy to use. This year I am planning to use their web version because they have yet to come out with a Universal and or OSX software that I can run on my Mac. Regardless of which you decide to use, go to the CRA website to ensure that the software has been approved for use (particularily if you plan on using Netfile).

Winston
February 10th, 2007, 09:15 AM
Quick Tax is approved....They are also using one called U File...If a person does not make more than 25,000 I heard this year you can get the software from CRA for free.

Cindy

Mocha's mum
February 10th, 2007, 10:37 AM
My 'better half' e-filed with Quik Tax last year. It was fast and easy to use, and he got his refund back lickidy-split. I, however, did not e-file, as I was behind three years (:eek: ), but all is well now, and I plan to e-file this year.

otter
February 10th, 2007, 01:14 PM
I've used UFile.ca for a number of years now. It's very easy, you can come back and make changes, reprint, etc. at any time and it's quite inexpensive ($14.99) AND you only pay when you print your return. For the first two years I just did my taxes using the program then transfered the numbers that the program generated to my paper copy (free from the post office) and had a no cost return with very little work on my part. Now i'm soo lazy I just pay the $14.95 and get them to do everything.
I've never had any troubles.:D

CyberKitten
February 10th, 2007, 02:11 PM
I file the old fashioned way only because I know (from my lawyer bf and sister) as well as govt sources that you are much more likely to get audited if you file online. I have nothing to hide but I don't want the hassle of an audit. I have enough freakin' paperwork!

I did win a contest and won the Evelyn Jacks program that included an online filing program. But it was more "interesting" reading than anything I used- I gave it to my mom who reads income tax stuff for fun (seriously, lol). And she is welcome to the hobby!

PetFriendly
February 11th, 2007, 04:06 PM
I use Quick Tax, and have for the last 6 years. I haven't had a problem, and now you can save your return as an Adobe File instead of having to print all the pages out.

AliSam
February 11th, 2007, 08:30 PM
I am still doing my taxes the old fashioned way. Paper, pen, calculator & stamps. I just got used to doing it that way and since ours are relatively straight forward, I don't see any reason to change.

Mocha's mum
February 11th, 2007, 09:41 PM
I read this thread, and responded earlier today. Then proceeded to check my online banking, and I had received a message. It was for QuickTax Web, and that I could e-file for just $14.99 through my online banking. Ha ha ha!! Funny how things happen like that :D I'm going to do it!!