Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Howling Dobie

Storms12
February 9th, 2007, 05:23 PM
I have a 20 month old dobie who is suffering severley from separation anxiety. Most I am out is 5 hours at a time but in that time she howls the house down and neighbours are complaining now. Any ideas what i can do? She has an hours run every morning, stuffed kongs, chew toys, tv and lights are left on, we have a dab diffuser, she goes to obedience training where she's doing well. I've tried leaving for a few minutes, coming back and gradually building it up but that hasn't worked. I've asked neighbours to write down when she's howling but they are "too busy" - not much help for me. Please help I'm worried about her - my other dog doesn't do it.

animlfarm
March 7th, 2007, 06:16 PM
Call an obedience trainer and get you dog some help, separation anxiety can be devastating. I had a client at the vet whose Husky actually jumped out of a 6th floor window to get to his owner and ended up dying from injuries. My dog actually chewed our bedroom door frame to pieces, and our futon was like a sheep had been massacred.

Leave it to a professional and talk to your vet, I've been there - have LOTS of experience with animal behavior and training, and I still needed help.

Good luck!;)