Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

OMG!! Its impossible to walk around here (rant coming)

erykah1310
February 9th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Its a beautiful day... I figured... what the heck, i'll take the dogs for a walk down the road for some new smells and sights... instead of always in the field... well NEVER AGAIN...
Each house that I walked by there is atleast 2 dogs.... all the houses (but one) the dogs ran out to the road and tormented my dogs... ( who were obviously on lead) On the first trip by the first farm... no problems, the other dogs ran out barking their mad heads off and mine just kept on with their buisness... second house, the dog barked from the front porch... no problems at all there... third house.... :frustrated: 2 dogs run right out to mine, snarling and throwing a fit... I had to turn and go back because they just kept following me
A guy ( not the owners but a guest there) came out with the 4wheeler to call the dogs back... NO WAY were they listening.
By this time my dogs are understandibly worked up and ready to defend me with all that they are, we passed back and the other 2 dogs finally went home and barked from there.
Passing the second house the dog is still sitting on the porch barking, but mine are now stressed and all worked up so they too made a rukus... but no problems..
First house again the same 2 dogs come out and stay just far enough from my dogs tormenting them.
They followed us all the way home....:frustrated: they have since got bored here and headed back home... but why do people here feel that its acceptable to allow their dogs to torment every thing and everyone that passes?????
I could never just let my dogs out loose and hope they dont get themselves into trouble.:rolleyes:
I guess thats why people walk by here in the morning, ride their horses this way and so on....
(end rant)

Frenchy
February 9th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Sounds like where I used to live. People would let their little dogs go out the front door in the morning and fend for themselves. They would come at us barking. Then there was this big black dog tied outside, I was always afraid he would break his chain, seemed real eager to get to us. And then there was this lab , unleash but they had an electric fence, but Daisy would pull like crazy because she tought he would come and attack us. It was such a drag to walk them with all these obsticles. I moved and now it's only fields, not too cool when too much snow or mud but at least we're alone.

Prin
February 9th, 2007, 10:17 PM
The opposite of where I live... There's one dog, about a year and a half old who just stands at his gate, even if it's open. It's just crazy. Even my dogs wouldn't do that.:D

mummummum
February 10th, 2007, 11:53 PM
Strangely, our "Killer Golden Retrievers" have literally disappeared ~ no For Sale sign so I daren't think of their fate and since my 3rd (or was it my 4th complaint) about the eeegit "Hello...I'm a Doctor" with the GSD's, they've been kept far away and always onleash (knock wood).

Gazoo
February 12th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Bummer--but that's just the way it is in the country

Farm dogs are farm dogs...they protect the yard and the road.:shrug:

bekka_1
February 16th, 2007, 12:14 PM
across the road from my grandmas house there is a german shepard named pokey and i hate that dog. So far he has only tried to attack my aunt for going to my grandmas house but he seriously thinks the whole road is his and he has to protect it. i am pretty weary of other dogs when i have my baby jersey outside because she was attacked by three pittbulls on a walk when she was just a couple months old. so i only walk her at the back of my grandmas house but if we hear pokey we run back into the house. his owners know of the problem with him but they wont keep him chained up.