Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

3 weeks smoke-free

Maxine
February 9th, 2007, 12:13 PM
Hey Hey! I just wanted to say it's been 3 full weeks without any cigarette!!! As soon as I've quit, I could smell lil' things, and taste better, it's so cool :crazy:

It's not easy at all, but the feeling of your mind being stronger than your body, I love it! :goodvibes:

I try to not think too much ahead, like "i will spend the rest f my life without having one of those delicious cigarettes after a good meal, or after love :o or after a stressful event..." Because IT DRIVES ME NUTS! haha!

So I go day by day, and i feel great and so proud! I have been smoking 1/2 pack per day since i'm 13 yo:eek: In a month I will be 20 and smoke-free and even maybe having nice nails, as I quit bitting my nails too :p

Yeah, that's about it:D
Maxine

breeze
February 9th, 2007, 12:29 PM
I'm really proud of you http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/peanuts/peanuts09.gif
I have tried quiting three time with no luck, ( and i thought third times the charm) I know it's hard but you can do it. heck you are already there. brovo brovo

http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/party/553.gif

JanM
February 9th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Congratulations! I've been trying too without success - but I will be successful soon. Keep up the good work and remember - your breath is the most wonderful thing you have!

Lukka'sma
February 9th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Congratulations! I quit smoking about 13 years ago and it took me many many attempts before I was successful. Thats not to say that I don't still crave smokes, because I do. That doesn't ever seem to go away.
Keep on pluggin away at it and you will have the habit licked!

jessi76
February 9th, 2007, 01:14 PM
congrats!!! I'm currently 2 wks smoke free!

breeze
February 9th, 2007, 01:16 PM
how did you quit?? cold turkey or the patch?? tell me please !!:confused:

jessi76
February 9th, 2007, 01:26 PM
cold turkey for me.

Catzig
February 9th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Way to go, Maxine :thumbs up :thumbs up :thumbs up

Congratulations to all of you who have been smoke free for 2 days, 2 weeks, 2 years, or how ever long - and also to those of you who are even thinking of it. To me, that's the first step. :grouphug:

I had lots of practice quitting :o, but as of January 23rd, it's been 6 years! I can empathize with each one of you ... now go out and buy something nice with the money you've saved ... LOL :D :D :D

rainbow
February 9th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Good for you, Maxine. :highfive: I wish you continued success. :goodvibes: And, to the rest of you too. :thumbs up

I quit in 1974 cold turkey when a package of cigarettes went up to .75 cents a pack :D ....my hubby quit a week later. I'm sure if he hadn't though, I would have started again. :o

Maxine
February 9th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Wow! Thanks everyone:goodvibes:
I personnally went cold turkey (what a WEIRD expression LOL!!), but it is probably different for each person! Some might need the patch, some don't!

I hope I won't have the craving even in 13 years :eek: But yeah, I probably will, but I will be richer and healthier so it's a good trade ;)

Frenchy
February 9th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Congrats Maxine ! :thumbs up Don't worry about the cravings, everybody tells me they do get them but it only last for a few seconds/minutes. I wish I was strong enough to quit , tried 3-4 times and failed :sad: Keep up the good work !

breeze
February 9th, 2007, 07:49 PM
I tried the patch found out i was allergic to the adheive, tried the pills (not good) so now i am trying the gum works for a while but when the carving hit they hit hard

Joey.E.CockersMommy
February 9th, 2007, 08:30 PM
:D Yeah Maxine 3 weeks is awesome the longer you go without the easier it is not to give in - I quit on Feb 22 of last year and have done pretty good

around xmas time I went out with my friend and ended up smoking one or two ciggarettes one night - I was so mad at myself - but the next day I was so physically ill I literally couldnt get out of bed.

It doesnt matter how you quit, cold turkey patch or whatever once your able to get past the cravings enough to not want them its really nice not to have to depend on something so much - keep up the good work :D :thumbs up

and Frenchy everytime you try to quit your getting closer to actually quitting - this is the second and hopefully the last time I quit -

oh yes I quit cold turkey both times I quit - ok well I realised now I have quit a few times actually :D

the first time I used to smoke like a pack or more a day - then I decided I might have kids one day - and didnt want to be one of those people that were pregnant and smoking :sick: :yuck: -so I quit for about a year and half - then started again after my first son was born - but only smoked about 5 ciggarettes a day - then would go like a week or two without smoking - then be back to five ciggies a day - then I got pregnant again and stopped as soon as I found out. Then after I started again the 5 or so ciggies a day then would quit for a few days then start again. Then I quit again for a few months - then started this call centre job - not the one I have now but another one - and I got stressed out at work - so I had a ciggarette and started smoking again - but I would only smoke there and no where else...so after I had worked there for almost a year I set a quit date and I quit again..cold turkey.

I was told I didnt smoke enough to do the patch - I did buy the gum though - but I dont think I really used it - I still have it in my cubboard but its probably no good thought - I think if I chewed it now I might get sick.

however tommorow I am going out and my friend still smokes - maybe I should bring the gum just in case:)

....sorry for the ramble :o

dustybird
February 9th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Wow that's great.

I have tried countless times, I got serious again about a week ago, keeping track everytime I had one and then a total at the end of the day and tried to beat that about a day or two later. Good days and bad days. It really sucks in my house as everyone smokes and they are not very supportive.

Anyway congrats to everyone who has been able to do it and don't give up to the ones that are trying. I wish they would just make it illegal period, it would be a lot easier but then I suppose there would be a lot more grumpy people around (for awhile anyway).

You all take care.

AliSam
February 10th, 2007, 01:50 PM
Congratulations to all you "quitters". :p What a huge feat. Keep it up.

~michelle~
February 10th, 2007, 04:52 PM
i just quit in december :crazy: i did it cold turkery, and junk food became my replacement... i gained a few pounds but the next goal is start using my gym membership!! just need to get in the routine again sooo hard. i did really well for a few months last year. maybe once the sidewalks aren'y deadly i can start jogging with the dogs

Maxine
February 10th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Hey! I just wanted to say congrats to everyone that tries, tryed, or have quit smoking for good :thumbs up :thumbs up

Maxine

Shamrock
February 11th, 2007, 12:01 AM
Maxine, good for you! That is wonderful progress,:highfive:
Congratulations on this decision and achievement! It's full steam ahead now.:) There are always temptations sneaking in.. but you're over the worst of it now.

And to the others too who have kicked this filthy habit, congratulations to you all!:thumbs up :highfive: :thumbs up

jesse's mommy
February 11th, 2007, 07:47 AM
I've heard that once you make it past the first two weeks, it just gets easier. Congrats and keep up the good work! :highfive:

Lise
February 11th, 2007, 08:07 AM
Way to go!keep it up.I quit nine years ago.Not easy,but so worth it!!

Maxine
February 11th, 2007, 11:11 AM
I've heard that once you make it past the first two weeks, it just gets easier. Congrats and keep up the good work! :highfive:

I heard that too but I actually find it harder since the last week!! Weird lol :shrug: